Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

They look great. I love a bag of chips outdoors with steam drifting off them.

A bakery that I liked has gone bust. Only copped it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

They closed on Saturday. I don't think many knew about the closure until they posted it on FB Saturday morning that it was their last day of business. Sad to see it go tbh .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'll not forget when griffin's in galway closed, a bakery of such long trading, many sad, sad people in town that day

There's a letter in the window explaining the closure. Fooking costs out of control. Sick of it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, pleased that I got something in for a deadline today but I have more lectures to give at 6pm.

Extremely busy week this is shaping up to be.

• Advertisement

Probably similar to what they posted on fb I'd say, daughter sent it to me. Costs have gone way out of hand for so many businesses, I fear we'll hear of more soon . Rafters in the shopping centre closed two weeks ago too .

ETA,

The ice cream/waffle ice cream stand in the shopping centre going/gone after today too afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

There's a coffee shop closing in my local village for same reasons.

The owners are there little over a year. Took over a derelict ground floor premises and really made a go of it.

Employing full and part time staff.

Bringing secondary business into the village from their customers.

They were doing great, well liked and supported by locals and people working in the area.

They are heartbroken having to close their door.

And they told me themselves, they just can't afford their utilities anymore.

They will now be going on the dole, costing the state money. They started up the business off their own capital, didn't ask for any help.

This country stinks.

I wish there was another march like the time the pensioners marched over their medical cards and frightened the shyte out of the grey suits.

To thine own self be true

Well said @Purple Mountain 🙌

We will get our placards out and dress up in old people disguises and show some 'tude!

Excellent idea, except I don't need a disguise 🧓🤣

• Advertisement

I doubt that! From your posts here, you're probably one of the fittest of us all. Mrs Axe Weilder 😁

I hope Sardonicat is getting on OK with her dad's funeral 🙏

Just went outside for something. There's an eerie fog/mist out there. At least it will keep the frost away.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Someone is addicted to Bonio’s 😂😂

I knew about Rafters but they were sliding towards it for a long time. Mad rent. Ya couldn't make it work. Years ago on visits I used to love it but it went downhill. The ice cream kiosk? Ah jaysus no. It's all looking grim.

Just had a bit of stew with sourdough. Some bainne for the wash down.

I worked for xtravision 30 odd years ago when I was in college and I'm looking up movies that were big renters back then. Tom Selleck, An Innocent Man was a big hitter. Don't think I'll finish it tonight though. In the leaba. I dodged the Tirimasu. Shame on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Heading to bed I hope. I think I dozed off for an hour or two but a drug induced tiredness now so leaba here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Never had either of those! When I had a milk goat I made my own... mmmmm In my previous life that was! A goat for milk, hens, geese , ducks....peacocks,, Jacobs sheep for wool... Oh and cats galore..

Try Lancashire? White and crumbly...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Wide awake here also.🙄

I woke up and thought it said 9.40 on my phone!

Wonder could I hide in the jacks til home time? 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off to give my guitar a good new home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

We are allowed to do that so long as we bring our laptops and do work.

Saves on office space.

Hint: keep microphone off during Zoom meetings. Don't want the sound of someone peeing or pooing on those high power Zoom calls.

(Joking)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The wind and solar energy suppliers must have laughed themselves silly with the amounts they’re earned last year. Do you have a politician brave enough to call for max pricing on renewables and having them linked to other fuels?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Work ...

Today is one of those days where I'd rather be ironing my hands than be in work.

Messages got, guitar sold, off home again, couch and shows

• Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Sitting in work thinking,

Normally i love this week as first pay day since Christmas & my wife & two of the kids birthdays so i do be a little tight with cash flow (saving can't be touched i refuse ) But i organised my brother stag for the 3rd weekend in Feb & now i find myself looking forward to that but its 4 weekends away a little to far to enjoy the looking forward , So i'm kind of stuck in looking forward excited for the weekend limbo , when i should just be enjoying the now ,

As you can see I'm totally over thinking things,

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Home office, trying to print a couple of things off on my very temperamental printer before I go into the college to see two dissertation students this afternoon for “progress” meetings.

@purple and grandeeod - the lack of government support for small businesses in the country in these times of spiraling costs is appalling - as long as the big FDI IT and Pharmaceutical etc. multinationals are alright, the official thinking seems to be that everything is okay then.

But it’s far from okay - small businesses are going under in droves, people’s livelihoods are being lost and local communities suffer from a loss of local shops/cafes and services - and are forced into chain cafes and big shopping centres, sucking more of the life out of regional towns. 😥😡

January is a month that just drags and drags... still nearly a week left of this miserable month - but at least the evenings (ie. late afternoons) are getting a tiny bit brighter.

• Advertisement

Advertisement