Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022/3 season thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,481 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Celtics on at 6 pm our time today for some reason ?!? Good to get to watch a game at the right side of midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 29,823 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some blatant no calls for both teams in bulls warriors, the NBA reffing is so inconsistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭hole in my lovelywall

Presume it’s because MLK day is a holiday in the states.

Bulls had a matinee yesterday. Rare treat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,300 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Celtics up to a seven game win streak now and they've done it without Jaylen Brown for the last three games. The roster is just so good. Derrick White next man up with Jaylen out and he scores 19 with 8 assists, Brogdan chips in with 16. Tatum went nuts again with 51. Every time I see Robert Williams plays I'm in awe of the guy.

If we don't win it all this year it'll hurt a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Corvo

Wasn't mad on watching the Hornets (God, Plumlee sucks) but the quality of Tatum made it worthwhile. It's just so easy for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

There's been some horrendous reffing in the last few weeks in particular, but one thing I'm actually glad to see is they're at least starting to call travels and carries on players - and even on superstars! They're not doing it every single time but to even call them on occasion is a rare thing indeed.

Play Off style game last night between Boston and Golden state. Just finished watching it as I struggle with the very late games but that was a great game.

Pelicans with 2 big errors in the last 40 seconds of their game against the Heat to blow it. Pelicans without Zion and Ingram have been the better team for most of the game.

Lakers trade Kendrick Nunn and 3 x second round picks for Rui Hachimura. I like it for the Lakers, they give up very little for a guy with a lot of potential upside.

Bit of a random trade from the Washington perspective. I suspect it’s the start of a major dump for Washington…….

Boston lose again to Orlando, their size really bothers them. They’re now 0-3 against them this year. What bothers me about this is they’re showing other teams how to beat Boston, and esp. Milwaukee. Though the Bucks don’t have the size Orlando has, Giannis obviously males up for a lot of that. Worrying tbh if you’re a C’s fan.

• Advertisement

Swapping out of one their numerous guards (and one who was playing particularly badly) for some size was badly needed. Can't say I've watched a whole ton of Rui, but seems well capable of scoring if nothing else.

Stein has reported that they will attempt to resign Kuzma after this, which means they are going to seriously overpay in typical Wizards fashion. Because otherwise Kuzma is off.

The Shannon Sharpe v Grizzlies thing last week was funny, and embarrassing. It was also a complete double-standard - now it saeems you can hurl abuse at players if you're a friend of LeBron's AND/OR famous....but if you're Courtside Karen and hurt LeBron's feelings you get thrown out of the arena. I don't care who you are, you should be thrown out if you behave like that and things escalate that much because of your behaviour.

His apology was also laughable - apologising to his stylist too FFS.🙄😂 His stylist should be apologising to him for that cardigan.

The funny thing is, apart from his LeBron and Lakers bias I actually don't mind him on First Take.

Agreed, it's bad enough how quick players get a tech if they blink aggressively at someone but a 'civilian' nearly starting a fight with multiple players should be taken out of the arena immediately (and into a locked room with Steven Adams).

I'm incredibly close to wishing death on several members of the Bulls franchise.

I think they've gone too far too blow it up, or at least that's what I think they'll be thinking.

We've anchored ourselves to Lavine and I think the 20s will be a grim decade for us.

Lavine is a bust.

Always has an excuse.

His IQ doesn’t match his athleticism unfortunately.

Yeah, be can have bursts of brilliance and can't fault his loyalty but lack of defence and low court IQ is not worth max contract. Demar is going to be looking for it as well. We are currently threading the play in tourney and have some big wins over the top teams do there gonna go for a big end of year. I predict we make playoffs and go out in the first round.

As soon as I saw us trading two first rounders for Vooch, in order to show Lavine we were ambitious, the alarm bells went off for me.

I've never seen Lavine as a franchise player, he's not even currently in the top 20 in PPG - Lauri Markkanen is!

Lavine has played 43/47 games this season so it's not as if he has been out injured and just in need of tuning back up.

I think he'd be ideal beside someone like Doncic.

• Advertisement

He’s the only one I wouldn’t mind seeing transferred.

I don’t think he’d like sharing attention with, or losing attention, to Luka.

Would love to see the Bulls meet the Celtics in the play offs.

Celtics would hammer them, they’re far better than the Bulls. I know the Bulls have beaten them this year but in a series it wouldn’t even be close.

Refs making a laughing stock of themselves again last night with the ejection of Steph with just over 1 minute left in a close game. Shocking call when you see it.

If he threw the mouth guard at someone, then fair enough but it's crap telling players not to be emotional, be robots whether you're in the last minutes of a close game or an arena of fans is shouting abuse at you. They seriously need to review the aggression rules. The emotion is part of the reason we love watching the best players in the world.

Celtics won't be getting to any Eastern Conference final, much less win the championship.

They'll be beaten by any of Bucks, Nets, 76ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Another blown lead, this time against an even worse team. Don't need to worry about playoffs, bulls won't even make the play in. It's unfortunate because last season was magic, but it's past time to blow things up, it's not working. But I look forward to hearing they had another team meeting.

I can't see the Celtics being afraid of Nets or 76'ers.

Bucks of course, if Middleton is back

76ers will take the Celtics for a walk. Embiid is obscene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,320 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Some laughable reffing in Boston last night. That no call on the last layup, awful stuff.

Need to increase the amount of challenges or allow teams to retain their challenge when they win one. And also challenge obvious no calls like that. The Lakers could have have reused theirs three times in the last couple of minutes. So so bad.

Advertisement