Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training Certification Kilkenny

Options
  • 24-01-2023 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anywhere in or close to Kilkenny that I can do the training certificate course to apply for my first license?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Closest is Harbour House in Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

The nargc do an online one every second Tuesday I'm nearly sure. Check the events section on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭JP22

I agree with Clive.

Personally and nothing against Nargc but I would be very wary of any online training courses for most anything and especially firearms training.

As an ex-military small arms instructor/coach and ex OSH trainer I wouldn’t dream of certifying someone online, (that’s a first class ticket to hell….), end of day nothing beats a hands on/eyes on course under supervision of competent trained personnel.

Just my tuppence worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Point taken but the reason I said the online course is that I have heard of lads going into other people for the course and leaving 5 minutes later with their cert

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Well not at Harbour House, you'll get a good introduction and shown everything you'd need for your cert and a great shakedown of all you'd want to know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Lfahy

The lads up in red Mills do one even second Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

I was in with him last weekend, sound man and get to do a bit of shooting on the virtual reality screen afterwards.

Highly recommended.

Advertisement