Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2022 Assistant Principal Competition - Open and Interdepartmental

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 oranreilly

197 OOM with 1232 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Results are in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

A bit disappointed that I missed the first round cut off. I suppose I will sit tight for a few months and hope there is a second round. My score on the SJ let me down a bit.

Separately, if the numerical scores were taken into account I would be appealing the score. I can safely say that I didn't get any question wrong on that test. But that isn't important right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

Anyone else not got results yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭flended12

Same. Probably so far down, their still adding zeros! Ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭durthacht

My best score was the Numerical Analysis, which is surprising as I thought it was my weakest by some distance. But I passed the total score I needed so that's the main thing, although I'm worried that I'm quite low on the OOM.

Good luck everybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Not far off you with 1132. Let's hope there are several rounds. We'll done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 malo93

I know the last HEO took a month between stage 1 results and stage 2 shortlisting results so hopefully be in and around the same timeframe !

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Theanu

Same, I would have thought they all issued together. Maybe it's a lower batch or a fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rusty1983

Im still patiently waiting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Presumably they batch release, just like job notifications. I get emails from PAS at all hours.

If they sent all out together they'd crash their site. Site was very slow there anyway.

Anyway, does anyone know how the tests are scored, or is there a way to find out. Is time taken to answer considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Curranjo

i thought the same for numerical. fairly confident i got everything right but only scored 80% which is grand but wanted that 100%, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

I've passed not high enough for 1st round of short listing.

Well done to all who have passed,

Commiserations to any who haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kew03

Good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Swilly22

Score 1086 & seeking Dublin. Does that mean I won't move to stage 2 as I'm below the 1159 mark? OOM 571.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 malo93

Won’t move on in this batch but depending on how this goes they do tend to call additional people later on to the next stage so could still get there just not right now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KatieRose69

I think it means you don't to stage 2 now and they won't consider you for shortlist BUT if they have a second stage you might end up being shortlisted then

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KatieRose69

Do they do multiple rounds for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DonutLike

If you scored above 780 you are still in the running.

Dublin will more than likely call more than one batch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Andbelt

I placed rather rough but first time going for Ap glad to have passed at all. scored 838 1895 OOM. Dublin always gets strong recruitment so maybe there's hope yet haha

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

Scored 1272; 74 and 112 on the OOM but I didn't have Meath, Offaly or Dublin down.

The waiting continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭the_freaky_one

Congrats to all who passed and commiserations to those who missed out this time.

I've narrowly missed out dublin 1159 cut off but I'm sure the shortlisting may remove alot of applications even with high test results but with poor application examples and experience.

Keep the faith and see what happens in the next few months 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Depends on demand (how may they shortlist, how many will place on the initial panel and how many will be pulled off the panel and offered jobs)

For Dublin I would expect there to be more than 1 round

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vinoveritas29

Ok so who’s going to volunteer to find out how long the shortlisting is expected to take…! And for anyone in Dublin they normally exhaust the batches so you will be called, don’t worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭countyireland12345

That's odd. I am seeking Dublin too and whilst my total score is slightly higher than yours (but below the 1,159 unfortunately), my OOM is higher (in the 600s). Total scores dictate OOM or is there something else at play?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Theanu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

My OOM is 304 in open, and 203 in interdepartmental... I put Dublin and Westmeath down but its ny first AP application i don't know what is going on 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

I only scored 970, first time I've passed the exams oddly enough. Hopefully get second match

Ironically, it's the one time it may not suit me to get it. With kids being so small and work so handy (location and type) it's not worth it for me now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 64 ✭✭757TFFIU

Passed stage 1 of the competition. Had serious doubts abouts the numerical. Within the cut off for Dublin so it looks like I'll progress to shortlisting, so happy with that.

Congratulations to all who made it through stage 1 of the cull, and hard luck to those who didn't.

Advertisement