Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm struggling to finish it. I'm at the second last boss and I just have lost interest. The talking guns is unique, but the gunplay is lacking imo. Feels very floaty, no "feel" to the weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've been playing Pentiment recently and loving it. Playing it on my phone mainly as touch controls work reasonably well for it. Obviously it's completely story based and very little 'gameplay' but even so I find the story very well told and enough intrigue to keep pressing on with it.

Not too far into high on life, got side tracked by the fact it's got the full tammy and the trex movie in it to watch. I saw the poster on the wall and laughed as I remembered it from back in the day and then later came back and it was on the tv and thought surely not but yeah they whole thing is there 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm currently playing it also. Is that the film on the Tv? I seen a bit of it two guys grabbing each other by the cock. Left at the that moment to play the game.

the "testicular standoff" 😂 Yeah I got a bit further than that before I left it but the whole thing is there by all accounts, its a bit of a cult classic in the so bad it's bad but good. Paul Walker was only a kid in it and a young Denise Richards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I find it a good game so far. But like always and collecting things I spent far too long trying to collect the collectibles. I was on the roof in the slums searching for ages and some how managed to get up to a roof your not meant to and fell behind the wall and was stuck and had to reload a checkpoint. Luckily the game saves constantly so didn't loose anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Absolutely loved this game. So chill, easy enough and very funny. Love thdt type of game. Wasn't too long either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Why o why did I download Age of Empires 2 it shouldn't be this addictive.

Still a great game imo

Ah, AoE2, another one I've forgotten about. Installing! I've tried them all, and 2 is still the best of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone give Mortal Shell a go since it was added?

• Advertisement

In completely unexpected but extremely welcome news, PowerWash Simulator is getting free DLC at the end of the month, in a strange crossover with Tomb Raider!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

This game has only existed in my universe since this morning - I'm too old to be up to date on these things. Could it finally scratch my Sekiro itch that has lingered a while? Looks very promising!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,665 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Goldeneye is coming out on Game Pass on Friday. No mention of price for non subscribers yet but most likely €20, the game is also free if you own Rare Replay digitally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just a quick question someone might have come across. My young lad has Game Pass Ultimate stacked on his account. He uses Xbox all the time. I on the other hand only use PC. Is there any way he can share with me without having to log in as his profile on the PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Theoretically, if his account was the primary MS account on your computer; you could sign in with your account on the Xbox app and potentially use it. There may be limitations though, one in particular is that you don't get access to EA Play games (and presumably also not Ubisoft Connect or Riot games).

Alternative option to full access for both of you is to set up an XGP Friends and Family subscription; but that would require the lad to be the primary subscription owner, or you'd have to wait for the XGPU to lapse first before he can join the F&F group as a member.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm pretty sure the Xbox App allows you to log in as a different account without changing the actual pc account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cheers guys, yes I can log in with his details direct on PC at same time as he's loged onto Xbox so will suss it out. EA play will be the issue but I'll live with it for the moment, might as well try to get the most out of his ultimate, lol. I wonder if I download game do I need to be signed in to play?

New game from Tango Gameworks available today, Hi-Fi Rush. Should be available to download shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Newly announced and straight into GamePass!

That's how to do it 😁

Finally, the first Game Pass update since the start of December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Looks very decent, I'll be having a whirl of this later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Gonna buy Goldeneye outright but Age of Empires for the Xbox....Yes please!

Depending on the price you'd be better off buying Rare Replay digitally as Goldeneye is included. It is not available for no additional charge for disc copies though.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Will AoE2 definitive edition be available to buy outright do ye think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Goldeneye have multiplayer?

All games can be bought outright, you get a 20% discount on any game in Game Pass.

Split screen only, no online multiplayer in the Xbox version. There is online multiplayer in the Switch version though but that version requires a Nintendo Online subscription with the Expansion Pass.

Goldeneye is available now on Xbox. It is not available for individual purchase, only as part of Rare Replay or with Game Pass.

I've got to say it's rough and half assed compared to Project Bean or the 360 version of Perfect Dark.

Graphics are sharp and can be played in 4:3, 16:9 and 21:9, but object pop in is an issue without the N64 fog. Geometry tearing is also an issue. Baflingly the hud is in potato resolution being completely illegible, wouldn't surprise me if it's still the original asset. Controls are fine except fine aim, instead of moving the cursor around the screen like the original the reticle is static in the centre and the camera moves

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Controls are fine except fine aim, instead of moving the cursor around the screen like the original the reticle is static in the centre and the camera moves

Turning off Aim Lock sorts this out apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Advertisement