Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm sure there is negotiating and some bargaining to be had to suit everyone,

It's possible they can transfer vipers out of their own stocks or Lockheed produces new ones from orders already being prepped,we might have to wait and see , can't see them coming from the national guard,but can't rule it out either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭pcardin

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭junkyarddog

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Seems to be more and more talk regarding fighter jets for Ukraine. The Dutch also mentioned they would be open to a request from Ukraine for some of their F16's. Let's face it, Putin's red lines mean ****! Looks like the west going all in with Ukraine.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Many eu countries, which happen to also be nato countries are making use of an EU finance structure which refunds money spent by these EU states on the war in Ukraine.

You dont get to attribute the credit due to EU taxpayers, such as myself in a non-nato country, to nato.

When France sends a caesar, France can then get money back from Brussels for this expense, and I (Irish) pay into that pot through my taxes, as do Swedes, Finns, Austrians and Maltese. None of us associated with Nato.

This applies for panzerhaubitze 2000s, Polish owned Leopards, you name it. EU states both in and out of nato. All can claim from Brussels for this expense, and all EU citizens pay in for this expense.

The EU is spending on Ukraine.

The US is spending on Ukraine.

Japan is spending on Ukraine.

Nato is not spending, much that I know of, on Ukraine.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Advertisement

More despicable acts from a despicable regime!!😥

Haven't seen this mentioned much,Turkish ship hit (allegedly) by the russians!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

NATO spent double what the eu is sending for year 2023 ,and Nato is still spending and will keep spending this year and next year,

What country are you in ?

Eu is spending 18 billion, Nato is spending 40 billion and increasing .

Can't spin it to suit an agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 16,606 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

It's small escalations which russia is unable to respond to, Ukraine effectively has a no-fly zone in effect given their AA systems, next step is to give them modern offensive air power.

And we'll have them on here crying about Ukraine getting more weapons and just wanting peace (and Donetsk and Crimea and a bit of Luhansk).

The boiled frog approach certainly works, it's just tough on Ukraine as for them time kills.

It's crazy to think there was actually peace talks last year (not that they amounted to much) but now there's no talk or suggestion of peace talks (apart from the usual pro-russian/anti-nato nutters)

When this war ends, Ukraine will be one of the most battle experienced armies and one of the best equiped in Europe. Well done Putin, genius strategy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

But nato is composed of/includes EU countries.

So how are you pulling the two categories apart.

How can you say nato spent x but eu spent y, when nato includes some EU members.

Plus EU contains non-nato members. And those non-nato members pay into the EU.

(Do I own some stocks/shares in nato that I never even knew about? Is nato the holding company of EU inc.)

I pay taxes, some of which go to the EU peace facility. Which pays into ukraine indirectly.

Natos not getting credit for my taxes. My countrys not in nato. But my countrys taxes are in Ukraine. Via the EU.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,914 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Russia '' Surrender, and give us your country, that's the deal'' How the fck is that negotiation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Itsame Mario

Its just as ridiculous as saying negotiations will only begin once Russia withdraws from all disputed territories. But both sides need to meet and sort out something that stops this war, otherwise there'll be a lot more dead on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭Polar101

The ship has been stuck in Kherson since February along with a few others, so it's not surprising one of them eventually got hit. I doubt we'll hear much about this from Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,442 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Bla bla bla, went out for a pint tonight. A lad sat beside me. 70+ years of age. The US was using Ukraine as a proxy. Bla bla bla you cannot believe anything, it's all propaganda.

Sorry where is your source that Ukraine is grabbing people off the street. It's not reported by any news channel, Ukraine has every major news channel working out of there.

Put up the source. Neither have I seen a source that has stated that Ukraine has similar losses to the Russians. Again source please.

Bla bla bla

Slava Ukrainii

There's plenty of videos of Ukrainian army pulling men off the street at gunpoint. Hungary even made a statement today complaining of Hungarians in Ukraine being carted off to be sent to war.

The US is using Ukraine as a proxy, Ukrainian officials have stated such in interviews.

The US estimate of casualties was in November, I don't know what their current estimate of Ukrainian casualties (KIA) is but they've upped their current estimate of Russian casualties (KIA) to 150,000. After the serious fighting in Soledar, Bakhmut and surrounding areas I'd imagine even current US estimates of Ukrainian casualties must be significantly higher than 100,000. Reposters from both Spain and Italy who were on the front lines in Bakhmut stated between 200-500 Ukrainian soldiers were being killed daily there.

That you seem to be unaware of all this suggests perhaps you aren't as well informed on the situation there as you seem to think you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,838 ✭✭✭✭josip

When this was posted before, the source provided was of a Twitter account of a Russian guy living in the UK, who retweeted from an account that no longer exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,442 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I said put up the source. Preferably from verifiable news source

Bla bla bla

Slava Ukrainii

If it was a Hungarian statement then you should be able to link to the source.

The US never mentioned Ukrainian casualties, it was an off the cuff remark by a US general at some economic forum who was scaulded by his superiors for making similar remarks.

Ursula mentioned the figure also and the Ukrainian defence forces had to come out the next day with a figure (12-15k can't remember off the top of my head)

But certain people and posters seem to cling on to the 100k figure. Pure copium.

We've heard the same drivel from posters before, last one was teenagers and elderly people being dragged off the streets and placed on the Frontline, again with zero evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

How have both lost similar when only one side has been throwing wave after wave at fortified positions since a year ago.

• Advertisement

Hungary has been complaining about the "ethnic cleansing" of Hungarians in Ukraine for a long time. Apparently in this war they are being rounded up and sent to places like Soledar where they suffer high casualty rates. Again, videos exist of Hungarians in Transcarpathia being taken by Ukrainian army personnel. Hungarian newspapers have been covering it recently.

The US general you refer to is the most senior general. And he is not the only one to claim over 100,000 Ukrainian army deaths. As you said, the president of the European Commision also stated that number, and an interview by Ukrainian journalist Roman Revedzhuk with the deputy commander of the 2nd brigade of the Ukrainian National Guard talk of losses of 140,000. Surely you must know the official figure out out by Ukraine of I think around 13,000 KIA is complete BS? As for copium, I wish the number on both sides was 0, negotiations are the only chance at stopping the high nbers of dead on both sides from growing, but apparently everyone here on boards wants to see the war continue.

And there are many videos of Ukrainians, Hungarians etc being taken off the streets, I don't even know why you are disputing that? Ukraine brought in conscription for any males between 18 and 60 ages ago, did you all think that it wouldn't be enforced? People are using WhatsApp and other social media in Ukraine to warn others where soldiers are setting up roadblocks or what supermarkets etc the soldiers are at enforcing conception so that people have a chance of avoiding them.

It seems to me that most on here just want to be in an echo chamber where they shout slava Ukrainii and discuss how good Zelenskiis cock tastes rather than acknowledge the facts on the ground.

Those are US figures, perhaps ask them. Though I'd imagine having between 20,000 and 60,000 artillery rounds a day hitting your positions will tend to lead to some casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

When ever I hear red line I think about Obama and his red line in Syria…..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

'enforcing conception'

😂 Population replenishment? One way to bolster the army long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭Field east

You are not correct. Why?

Because if a member of NATO was attacked then NATO would be taking a lead role and ‘dictating’ coordinating how all NATO members would ‘respond ‘ in using

in the current case a NATO member was not attacked. Each state decided how to respond unilaterally and slowly, slowly, slowly they then started to ‘coordinate ‘ their efforts. Another point - if NATO was currently leading then how come that Germany said that it would not supply leopard tanks to the Ukr if the US did not do something similar?

If NATO were really leading then would there not be ‘boots on the ground’ and mush more ARMS being used - which ARE available to them - to really defeat the aggressor.

yes NATO is ‘calling/ chairing ‘ those meetings but is that at the request of the suppliers of equipment to the ‘cause’ because it would have a better overall view of. What’s going on and how to ‘manage’ it

A leopard - the human type- does not change its spots. Russia has weaponised sports the decades. It’s another way that RussiaPutin - xespecially when they win - shows how Russia is superior /strong/ better than other nations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

You made a claim. I believe it to be false, and you were asked to back it up. The rules of forum dictate that you must. You cannot back out of telling a lie by telling someone that you are not their PA.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Said Bojo could be ambassador to the Ukraine some day, too.

If you were in Putins boots then what would you be looking for/settle for?

• Advertisement

Again if it's all over social media then provide the links. It's the same tripe posted here time and time again. When the poster is asked for proof they suddenly deflect etc...

Initially you said Hungary said it.... Now you can't post the source, so it's gone to social media says it.... But of course you can't provide a single link.

How could the causality figures be equal when one side has lost (been destroyed) 3x times the vehicles and equipment. That's visually verified vehicles.

Russia hasn't fired 60k shells in a single day since last February, again more bullshit from yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement