Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Have I mentioned I'm also a tool?

I had the same thought. A little too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Inspired by a soup we had in a little Algerian cafe/takeaway in Paris, I have a really great way to use up any leftover stew that's not enough for a meal.

I simply cook a pot of green lentils and blend a couple of spoons of them with the leftover stew and a third of a can of butterbeans. Then add the rest of the lentils with their cooking liquid and the rest of the tin of butterbeans. Perhaps a can of tomatoes, too. Season and add water to desired thickness.

Hey presto... Lentil, bean and lamb soup!

Post edited by the beer revolu on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

First stew in the new Instant Pot. Perfect for the weather we have.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

A tip Con: use less liquids and more herbs and spices than usual for a thick flavorsome sauce in the Instant pot. :-)

We had Korean fried chicken tonight. Delicious.

I thickened it up after that pic with cornflour and was perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Leftover chicken and vegetable satay with brown rice. Garnished with sesame seeds to try and feel fancy :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

That brown basmati is great! It's my go to. Smells like popcorn when cooking...

Beef stir fry and noodles.

I know it's not how noodles should be served, but it's my way and I like it.

Sesame tuna, pea puree ... oven chips.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The juxtaposition of the oven chips is magnificent here.

Chips and mushy peas, a combination that's not sung about often enough.

• Advertisement

We had mushroom risotto tonight, made by my other half.

It was nice, but risotto just doesn't do it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

glad you said it,.. risotto does nothing for me either.. same reason I don't like porridge, creamed rice.. I need a combination of textures

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Homemade cheese and onion quiche, pecorino potatoes and ajvar (the ajvar was shop-bought, though)

Mushroom pappardelle. Was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Bavette, rocket, greens, dauphinoise potatoes

Braised beef Chu Hou (I used the Lee Kum Kee paste), with brown basmati rice and vegetables.

Was tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All looks absolutely wondrously delicious and delectable... says someone who just had tinned baked beans for supper...

Nothing wrong with baked beans or any other frowned upon Irish staple like a fish finger sandwich or Tayto sandwich, they all have a place in the food chain.

Plain old pasta bake, because it had to be really quick.

I've discovered last year how easy it is to simply fry up some veg in an ovenproof pan, add the uncooked pasta, fill up with some stock and add whatever you like - cream cheese, tomato puree, ajvar, sour cream, totally your choice - then cover with cheese and throw into the oven for 25 minutes. As long as you make sure the pasta is submerged, it'll be done perfectly when you get it out. Quick, simple, easy and tasty for those days where you just don't have the time for more than one pot...

It was gone before I could take a photo, though. Sorry!

Sometimes I've enjoyed baked beans on toast far more than gourmet food.

There's just something about simple food at home. Especially if it's a midnight snack!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 523 Mod ✭✭✭✭TheKBizzle

I had baked beans on toast last week for dinner. It’s an elite dinner

Another quick and easy one, I don't have a lot of time this week for cooking unfortunately. So it was the simplest fried noodles for dinner.

We had a Mayflower chicken curry with onions, broccoli, rice and chips. I added some extra cayenne to make it hotter. It was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Chorizo, roasted pepper and cherry tomato pasta.

Had the peppers roasted from day before so handy knock together.

First of the dreaded brown rice with some mushrooms and cabbage. Black bean rayu mixed with cashew rayu. Pretty good. As my partner said, "I could live with this".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,798 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No pics because it looks like **** but did a Jambalaya. So good. Comfort food max.

It was delicious and hit the spot... My fortnightly grocery order arrived yesterday so enjoying breakfast of butter-fried mushrooms and chopped ham... on wholemeal bread... drizzled with honey.

Kind kind folk! partly I am not always up to standing cooking and partly that I enjoy beans on toast....

Just polished off a delicious combination for butter-fried mushrooms with chunks of fried ham and brown bread and butter pieced. Kind of brunch

My fortnightly Serious Food Shopping arrived out here yesterday so a lot of fresh stuff...and the mushrooms are very tasty ( supervalu Achill are my heroes)

• Advertisement

Pause to look up " Instant pot"...Ah I see and I honestly do not see the need. Another gimmick!

Advertisement