Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2023 *Spoilers* *NO BETTING ODDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Vince to return as last out and claim the win.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Shane to take Vince's spot and Vince to come in as surprise 31st entrance.

Can see Seth tossing Cody out just to screw with everyones expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could Randy return to win his 3rd rumble ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hopefully not. Randy Orton has no need to be in the WM title picture, way too many other better options out there, with Rhodes, Rollins and Zayn.

As long as it's not the Rock winning I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Surprise return of bastion booger at no 30 for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Some surprise indeed, considering he's been dead for 12 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Well, the undertakers been dead since 1990!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rhea to win the women's. It's her time, she's been absolute money for months now and Bianca/Rhea at Mania ushers in the new generation post horsewomen nicely.

Have a funny feeling they might build to a Ronda/Charlotte/Becky rematch on the Smackdown side but that's only a thought in my head right now based on Charlotte holding the Smackdown belt. Was sure it was gonna be Becky/Ronda up till Charlotte shat all over that on her return

Ronda vs. Becky one on one needs to happen but not sure Ronda will do as Becks so over and popular also is Ronda off on a sulk WWE break?

I agree Rhea needs to win the women's rumble and get the title at WM, she is the commander for JD, in reality their mammy papi leader

• Advertisement

I'm not trusting The Rock with all the stuff about his schedule been so busy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With all the packages for Cody, should we expect him to win or will a feud be setup by someone eliminating him or a continuing feud with Seth? There doesn't seem to be anyone talking about wanting to stop his return or anything and he was only in WWE long enough to feud with Seth.

Hope they get his return out of the way early in the match. Seems he would want to be number 1 or 2 to get his full entrance. Means as well he can get a good run before being eliminated, if getting eliminated. Then have a big surprise entry later.

Looking again at the Royal rumble poster on the previous page, how come Asuka is on it yet no sign of her on tv. Same with Brock being at the front.

Matches so far:

• Men's Rumble match
    • Women's Rumble match
    • Kevin Owens vs Roman Reigns for the title
    • Alexa vs Bianca for the Raw title
    • Bray Wyatt vs LA Knight in the Mountain Dew Pitch Black match.

Of all the matches to have a sponsor attached to. Yes, let's stick that luminous liquid to a pitch black match, which I'm assuming will set out to be dark and spooky.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mountain Dew have a drink called pitch black. So it’s a case of the match is called after the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,127 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The lights will be the same shade as the drink would be my guess.

This will be my last post on here until the event is over seeing as it was me that posted the odds post quite a few years ago now but yet again it's mentioned in the thread title.

Enjoy the event next week I know I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

I just sorta assumed it would be Raaandy/Riddle at WM but haven't been keeping track of them.

Dominik Mysterio should win cause you learn about surviving being trapped with dozens of other desperate men on the inside.

Suppose They could do joint-winners and have Reigns defend each belt on separate nights but if They're going to chip away at the championships like that, I'd rather he lost what looks like a unified title only to pull shenanigans after saying it was only for one.

Hard for them to make Roman lose by pinfall but also look strong at the same time

Triple threat with 2 falls, one for each belt. Like Angle/Jericho/Benoit at WM 16. Angle was European and IC champ going in and left with neither due to Benoit pinning Jericho in the first fall and Jericho pinning Benoit for the second fall. So Angle lost both without being pinned.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Not really, give him the Lesnar treatment ala when Eddie won the belt. He hasn't been pinned in over three years if it took outside interference for him to finally lose he still looks strong in the aftermath and we get the belts off him, win win.

• Advertisement

Online talk rumours of Jay Switchblade and Nick Aldis for the rumble

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

Maybe rumours like that should go in spoiler tags? Just I'm sure this close to the Rumble, some will be true.

Of course we'll be getting the "insiders" who just list a hundred names then claim credibility after getting 2 names right.

Aye, I think for the sake of the actual event please keep spoilers of participants ideally in the Rumours Thread but if you absolutely HAVE to drop any of the 7 million rumours that normally float about in the coming days use spoiler tags. Ideally just... don't. There's no need to infodrop everything the dirtsheets post.

I know the thread says *Spoilers* in the title but the event has not even taken place yet so it's very unfair on people to start posting them with abandon.

Edit: I've cleaned up the thread a little and added the match card to the OP cos it feels a little bare without it.

Post edited by Necro on

• Registered Users Posts: 31,629 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Could be something like this alright. To expand on that (as a total storyline invention) perhaps Sami's instruction is to exit the rumble, but by going out under the top rope instead of over it. So when whoever wins gets their match, the bloodline demand Sami to be included in a triple threat since he hadn't lost (like Riho in AEW before), with the intention that Sami lays down and takes the pin from Roman at WM. The fight could almost be the 3rd person trying to stop that pinning possibility. And then when the moment comes, and Sami lays down - he pops a shoulder up at the last second and goes on to win the match pinning the 3rd person. (obviously a very long shot, but we've seen weirder!)

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

Dave Meltzer has given 3 possible rumble winners for the men’s rumble. Talk about hedging your bets.

One of them won’t even be in the rumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haven't been paying much attention to the build-up and haven't made a bet so haven't seen the odds. First time in years where I don't feel like there is a certain winner. Obviously Cody, Sami and maybe Rock are frontrunners for the men's. Haven't a notion for the women's.

Will they give Jay White the AJ Styles treatment or will he get the big pop and head to NXT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

Don't know if this is the right thread for this but are there Royal Rumble watch parties happening in the city centre this year?

I'm calling it now Sami won't be in the Rumble. Reigns will forbid him from entering and for him to be at his side for the KO Title match instead. That way they can keep Sami out of the Rumble to avoid fans turning on them ala Daniel Bryan style.

While people hope SAMI will get a World title push out of this program, all this is just leading to a tag team title run for Sami/KO nothing more.

Cody/Rock/Austin are who everyone should be expecting to get the W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Zayn or Jey Uso are the more interesting options for winners eye em oh. Never bought the main event Jey Uso thing but at least it would put credible tension within the Bloodline for a while as he's the one who resisted Reigns in the first place.

Shame, in a way, that WWE doesn't really have a figure like a Santino Marella at the moment whose win would come totally out of left field, have the crowd cheer it on and then not really mind them being totally destroyed the next night to free up the spot for Rock or whoever.

Advertisement