Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV360

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'll be surprised if Disney+ is not added before end off 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭butwhynot

I see BBC Two NI has been replaced by BBC Two England, presumably due to it closing on satellite on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Clitheroekid

Virgin media always had BBC2 HD ENGLAND and BBC W ni on SD

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭butwhynot

My point is that now it’s BBC2 England for both HD and SD. With the EPG still showing NI schedules

I presume its the same for BBC1 SD on D4A boxes

Post edited by butwhynot on

• Advertisement

Good spot regarding BBC Two SD no longer carrying the NI version on 709. It probably would more sense to carry the NI HD version on 109 and remove 709 as there's no 708 for BBC One SD. But VM have decided to not carry the NI version in either format

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AJB39

What’s odd is that they still have the BBC Two NI schedule on the EPG for channel 709. I suspect they will carry the HD version of BBC Two NI in due course but I hope they don’t as I prefer having the English version.

Yes much prefer English version but then I'd much prefer having ITV1 and ITV2 as well and that certainly won't happen. I'd imagine 109 will have the NI HD version soon.

Presumably VM are getting their feeds from Sky, BBC Two NI SD closed the other day and was replaced with the UK wide version of BBC Two SD

BBC Two NI HD launched on Freesat and Sky on the 5th January and has been available on Freeview and Virgin Media in Northern Ireland well before that. I really don't know why VM here are so slow to update the EPG

Another example is 662 which stil hasn't reverted back to 'The Box' - both the logo and title are BoXmas, same goes for BT Sport 4 SD/HD and a good few more

360 Box updated to Version 4.45 today

The fact that you have to pay more for BT and Premier Sport and then the channels are not named correct looks particularly poor and reflects badly on Virgin Media Ireland.

• Advertisement

The Irish League Show is currently on BBC Two NI. Anyone with a series record for the show is going to be very disappointed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Shamrock 64

Funny enough,my V360 won't let me series record A place in the sun on Ch4,only happened since last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Clitheroekid

Irish League live football is always available on BBC NI Football website,it is never geoblocked

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

The problem with this, as I posted in a separate thread, is that the Virgin TV360 box doesn't pass through the best quality streams. For instance I can watch content in Dolby Vision and Atmos on the Netflix app in my smart TV, but when I try and watch the same content through the Netflix app on the Virgin 360 box, I don't get Dolby Vision or Atmos.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Did they ever update BBC News 24? It’s only been fifteen years!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gold7

Took them long enough, it was still labelled BBC News 24 last time I checked, albeit that was a good few months ago.

Even when this list was produced (recent enough to include Sky Comedy) it was still labelled BBC News 24.

https://www.virginmedia.ie/pdf/support/2VM_CRM%20TV%20360%20Channel%20Lineup.pdf

I mean, fifteen years must be some kind of record. That said the logo, on Horizon/TV360, was the version that just read BBC News.

No, don't be ridiculous. To be fair the logo is BBC News but it's stil labelled 'BBC News 24' along with 'RTE News Now' which rebranded in 2020 to RTE News

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Noticed a new channel on 123, AMC HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Doomofman

Do you reckon we'll ever get 4K channels? I assume coax is capable of that... HD just isn't cutting it anymore but I guess with the amount of channels on the service that are still SD maybe 4K is a pipe dream

• Advertisement

I noticed something about my 360 box just today. I notice if I watch a programme live then the sound is fine but if I watch something recorded then the volume is much lower. I have to turn the TV up about 20% more to hear it properly. Maybe I'm just imagining it but perhaps I have a setting somewhere doing this?

VM Ireland are way behind Sky on 4K material. Even VM UK have 4K channels on their 360 boxes

Both Sky and VM UK have Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports F1 UHD along with BT Sport Ultimate on their EPGs. Sky have loads of 4K material on demand available too. I don't know if there's any on VM UK besides the 3 channels on the EPG

Just looked for 4K material on our boxes, there are stil only 10 episodes of The Feed available. AFAIK that's all that's been available since the 360 box launched here in November 2020

Interesting that’s appeared - they have an exclusive deal with BT in the U.K. and it’s never been available here until now.

The Rook was the only other 4K content ever available on the 360 box.

BBC Two NI HD has replaced BBC Two HD on 109. BBC Two HD (Eng & Scot variant) is no longer available

BBC Two NI has been reinstated on 709 (SD). It was showing BBC Two (Eng & Scot variant) since January. EPG data is now correct

Personally I'm not sure why 709 was not removed. BBC One NI is and never was simulcasted in SD/HD on 360 boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Its a wonder that bbc4 is still in SD when I don't think BBC even broadcast it in SD anywhere! Would be nice to have bbc3 back as well now...

BBC Four SD is stil on Sky's and Freesat's EPG albeit down in the 800's (Sky) on HD devices

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭AJB39

The Paramount + app has been added to the apps section on the Virgin TV 360 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

Sky crime HD now on 119

• Advertisement

Advertisement