Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads ye need to start advertising for mods

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,524 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Edit: As this is the feedback forum, and a thread about new mods, it is not appropriate to engage in debate about a topic from another thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

So you come in here, drop a load of sh1t accusations and then say you can't discuss same. Start a new thread so with links to back up your allegations.

Okay, as you are a mod and opened the door, I’ll walk through. But any sanction from a mod should take into consideration what I posted above about not wanting to go into specifics on this thread. It was your call to ask to discuss same.

@AndrewJRenko , what unfounded insinuations are you referring to?

Post edited by Dav010 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

You have some neck to complain that boards has become unreadable when you have kept hammering home the same point for days on end, and when asked to clarify, you reply by asking a question!

Look in the mirror if you want to find out what's ruining boards at the minute.

I clarified it for you and others repeatedly, I asked you to show any post where I denied the events happened, you nor anyone else was ever able to quote such a post. I was asked repeatedly (And I stress the point that I was asked, and replied to questioned asked of me, I didn’t keep hammering home the same point, unless you think answering a question asked is hammering, so that is an unproved accusation) if I agreed with the account in the paper, which of course I replied that I wasn’t there so have to take the reports at face value.

Is there a need for that to be made clearer? When I expressed bewilderment at why people were getting so excited by my post, and that I would gladly move on from the subject, @Ten of Swords issued a warning.

@muffler, incidentally, this is a quote of one of your posts:

“Mod/ Please be careful with what you post. Unproved accusations is something we really dont want to see.”

• Advertisement

As I said earlier start your own thread and post up links to back up your accusations. Try not to hog this thread. As you said yourself this isn't the place to air your grievences

Have you any genuine feedback you wish to provide regarding the thread topic or are you just intent on owning the thread while being one of the users who just want to complain because of past warnings / infractions / bans?

You were the one that asked, I answered, that is not hogging/owning the thread. If you don’t want an answer, don’t ask the question. You are a case in point, I pointed out earlier that any mod, including you, has to consider that you opened that door.

I already gave my feedback and you have two examples of what I am talking about. This incessant need to extinguish any objective discussion on topical matters, head over to the Enoch Burke thread for an example.

Boards needs new mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Will these “new mods” be subject to the same rules the site currently has or does the site need “new rules” to go with them?

The biggest problem I, personally, can see is that the users who are, continually, in “trouble” with the mods constantly attack the poster and not the post.

Mods can’t “sanction” posters who play by the rules. There is no bias, just certain posters breaking the rules. If these tend to be aligned more with the angry right than with the compassionate left, then, that’s just a coincidence.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I'm referring to your unfounded insinuation that there was something 'remarkable' about the absence of video footage of an event that took place at a religious service in a boarding school with strict rules around mobile phones.

But you knew that already.

It isn’t an insinuation, it is a statement.

@muffler, to provide some context, the post that seem to rile so many up was my surprise that in a room full of teenagers, there were no videos posted of the events. Though the schools have phone policies, anyone with teenagers knows they some still manage to hold on to them. Nothing more, nothing less.

Post edited by Dav010 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

I don't know is the term 'sealioning' or what...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

Firstly, I honestly do not understand why you always feel the need to have the last word, as you will show when you quote this post.

Secondly, it is absolutely NOT clarifying when you are asked something along the lines of, "Do you deny it happened?" You reply with, "Have I denied it happened?"

That is not clarifying anything. As for your constant bellowing of it being "remarkable" that there's no video of the event, you have been shown the rule book where they have a strict no phones policy.

What's remarkable is that teenagers follow rules, it happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

We both know it was absolutely more than that, and was absolutely an insinuation that the incident didn't happen as outlined in Court by the school

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Says the man who is banned from posting there.

Another in a long list of people who have been sanctioned in the past and instead of posting constructively in this thread they feel the need to moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We have set out the process we are implementing regarding boosting active mod numbers. This thread has turned into an opportunity to take digs at specific decisions, which is not what the thread is about

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement