Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'm keeping my Exec Plus 58kWh for the foreseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Almost 30kms done in our Executive in a year. Been pretty faultless to be fair. At times the range does annoy me a bit but 90% of the time it's brilliant. We'll probably change after 3 years if the residuals are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone on a first tyre change yet & what tyre are people getting fitted?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Has anyone got their Ioniq 5 serviced yet? Any expereince with Mooneys at Longmile road?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭baby fish

Could you explain when/why it annoys you?

What speed are you mainly doing ? what range are you getting .. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

I got hankook ventus (rears only) haven't noticed any difference so far. Michelin pilot were too hard to get and too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Does the I5 RWD use up the rear tyres faster than expected? The e-Niro does use up the fronts real quick and the reasoning is that it's FWD and the front is too light, so the wheels slip a lot when accelerating. I'd hope this is fixed by the RWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddyk81

Has there been any update on this delivery. Ive been given the same date for shipment delivery date of the weekend just gona and have received a vin number but am concerned im going to hear more bad news!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Freelancer_47

Out of curiosity, when did you order the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddyk81

I ordered mine in May

• Advertisement

Whatever wheels drive the car wear quicker. Little quicker that my previous ICE but Ioniq 5 has more weight and power (I'm not careful on my take offs).

Used to get 35/40k km out of previous car on drive wheels got just over 30k km on ioniq 5's.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Anyone happen to know how much it is to replace a front bumper? Went into the towbar of a car and the bumper now has a hole. No injuries etc..just an annoying hole! Not sure to pay or go through insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

No word yet I'm planning on getting on to the dealer again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭ongarite

I would say very pricey. It's a complex part with built in cooling louvres & sensors.

You could also be waiting weeks for the part as all spares come from Korea.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Here's the unfortunate damage. Full bumper replacement may be the only way. Might have to go through insurance for it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Seeing as the piece looks to be bent back into the bumper maybe a good body shop could bend it back out, bond it and respray?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This. You'd have to imagine that even a top-notch job would be much cheaper than a bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

Cost of bumper and other items - took nearly 4 months to get the parts

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sonder89

We had been given a date of 31st of Jan (today), we called and got the "it's still on the ship" so emailed to say that we would have appreciated being told that the date had changed. I got a really snotty reply from the manager shortly after (who had ignored 2 emails from us at the start of Jan), saying it's a slight delay (as in NBD) and he's doing everything he can. We tried to explain that it's not so much that we have to wait, it's just the lack of communication and transparency from the dealership, but he sort of just shouts over you on the phone. 😑 Definitely won't be using the same dealership in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

Unfortunately I’ve experienced similar. Each time they have missed a deadline I’m the one having to chase info.

• Advertisement

When sending emails, I do it through the main Hyundai contact form.

Their customer service team will the forward a message but most important a customer service ticket is created and I ensure it doesn’t get closed until my query is answer. Their support team are likely on SLAs so will get pissed with dealers not responding. They have been very helpful at ensuring things get followed up on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yeah I haven't heard back yet today so I reckon it's the same thing. I am guessing they couldn't tell you what ship it's on?

It's crazy how difficult it seemingly is to get clear information. Since the date that was showing on their system has passed then it should be telling them a new date? Like surely they know what ship it's on and then it's a case of tying it to the actual tracking for that ship [which us plebs are even able to do ourselves]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Would you not all be tempted to cancel your orders and buy a Model Y? I have an Ioniq 5 but if I was getting messed around by the dealer I'd be strongly considering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

Honestly after having test driven quite a few ev, no. I think the Y has good tech, still expensive price to me tho. but the lower battery doesnt suit me, which means the long range one. The price of that for the looks and interior is just not something I am willing to spend on. Add to that the SuC is no use to me where I live and the journeys I do, the lack of proper trade in service for price and the very strong possibility that current owners (and me as a future one) could be rode again by ceo means a big no. Then other cars have nice tech like v2l which Teslas will never have. And again, the interior. Teslas interiors are just… they dont’t make you feel like you got value for money. Lastly there is no guarantee getting a Tesla before July 1st no matter what anybody here says

I would probably go for a Kia or VW (if price right) before a Tesla

Just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Just in our humble opinion 🙂 (We have both a Tesla Model 3 and an Ioniq 5 Executive) the interior of the Tesla is better quality than our base Ioniq, far simpler to use with better software/updates. Also far better equipped. However I think the high spec Ioniq 5 has a nicer interior to the Model 3 or Y.

Just an opinion from living with both, others may differ..

1000 orders supposedly for MY's in Jan alone. That's going to be carnage there too.

Remember max amount of cars Tesla delivered in a year to date is 1300, looks like they have to double if not treble that. Also have to play delivery lottery some people who ordered days ago have a vin assigned others have ordered months and nothing.

I ordered a Tesla and went through 2 delivery windows being told very strong chance to get a car. 7 months waiting managed to get an ioniq 5 while waiting.

I wouldn't cancel any order but could order a Tesla as a back up. Can always get your Tesla deposit back on distance selling rules.

This is what it looks like broken down. I put a small scratch on the undersize of the bumper and priced that part was 130 and 100 labour haven't got it done yet. Anyways they didn't even have the part

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sonder89

Thanks, all.

@Munster Blogger - good tip RE the main Hyundai contact form. I'll do that if we need to make contact again.

@fuzzy dunlop - Yeah, I hear ya. It's so frustrating, it's also not as though it's a small purchase, you'd think the customer service would match the cost of the item you're buying, but nope! No, they couldn't tell me which ship it's on, I'm taking a stab in the dark that it's the EUKOR Morning Chorus. Currently travelling from Ulsan to Setubal, Portugal. You can't track the onward journey on Marine traffic while it's in transit, you need to wait until it docks and then it will display the next port (which is really annoying 🙈) so I'm hoping it will show as Cork by the end of the week... but this is guess work obviously. We had been told 2 weeks ago it was "in the country" so that was clearly a lie...

My initial concern, before we got the chassis number was that it would be pushed out beyond June (like a lot of people last year) and we wouldn't have gotten the grant, but I don't think that's the case now. At that stage I was considering Tesla, but we really loved the Ioniq and have my heart set on it. If we'd been told it was being pushed out much further, I definitely would have gone down that road (or at least tried to convince the other half to!😅)

Hopefully we only have to deal with them for the next few weeks. I'll give my feedback to Hyundai anyway.

Really really considered it. I just think the the Ioniq 5 has a lot going for it that suits my lifestyle more than the teslas. Dealer is lucky I’m stuck with him. If I could switch to another I would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

Don't for get to keep an eye on The Morning Pride as well. It departed Ulsan on Dec 13th 2022 & is due into port of Southampton this evening (Jan 31st 2023) at 9:30pm. I think when I originally got my Kona it came from Ulsan via Southampton to Ireland. Not sure if that ship (Morning Pride) will dock in Ireland anywhere but maybe there's another smaller ship that'll take cars bound for Ireland from Southampton to Ireland in a separate transit. It might tie in with the Feb 13th arrival in Ireland date several people have been given by dealers. Just a possibility ?

Advertisement