Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk Thread - Snymans are(n't) Forever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

Back in the game, but it’s going to be a tricky one to win. Benetton play good attacking rugby. Fun game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Hodnett is class, very intelligent player.

Don’t think Benetton have thrown one straight lineout today. Mind you Munster getting away with murder at the breakdown, players preventing clearouts.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,537 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Haha how good is Hodnett

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hodnett is unstoppable there, weak tackle attempts. Great handling skills in the lead up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

a just get another try so we can see ruadhan quinn on!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Good decision from health

Saved a try

Defence still very porous

Great response, what a carry by Salanoa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

That is rather special. Very very clever play by Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Salanona takes some stopping. If he can strengthen his scrummaging game he'll be a very good all rounder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Are Munster competing at line out times.

Someone on this forum recently said that there was a world rugby directive that crooked lineouts only count if the opposition are competing for the ball. Otherwise it doesn't matter.

I didn't find the world rugby directive but its been bourne out in my game watching.

Looked inevitable they were going to concede the try there, so not a bad outcome to force it into the right corner.

Ben Healy’s defence is really poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭sioda

What use is Archer at all?

A question thats been asked for a few seasons now

Lovely counter attack.

Hurley has impressed since coming on. Plenty physical and puts himself about.

Why is joey taking a conversion from the sideline when he missed a peno in front kf the posts and healy is on the field?

Ruadhan Quinn has the kind of burst of speed over the first 5m that you can’t teach and is pretty hard to find.

Yeah he looks like a bullock even surrounded by grown men.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Shehal

Munster for the most part have done a pretty good job considering all the set backs but f&ck me on a stick have they concede some soft tries tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Job done with BP

We played some really good stuff and got some lovely tries

Defence was awful at times

Pity to concede BP

Discipline needs to be better closing out the match

• Advertisement

Hodnett struggling to hear/understand the Italian guy interviewing him post match, but I’d say the feeling was 100% mutual when he started talking himself! 😂

He’s a quality player though on a good run of form. Wouldn’t be shocking to see him called into the Irish squad given our lack of 7s behind JvdF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Hope that last try doesn't come back to haunt us, gave them a bonus point.

Treviso played very well off first phase and broken play, we should hire their backs coach! They were tricky customers, on a six game winning streak and hadn't lost at home in ten matches or something.

Can't complain too much with a bonus point win I guess, Leamy won't be pleased with the defence so noone will be losing the run of themselves.

Seemed like Fineen gave away his usual share of penalties, doesn't seem to listen to the ref at all.

Surely POM Hodnett Coombes is our first choice backrow now? Hodnett has been sensational the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭Shehal

They have 4 of their last 5 games away from home including 2 games in SA, looking at the run in Munster should really be finishing higher without needing that BP.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Registered Users Posts: 11,774 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Good win in the end and important try bonus was got. Glasgow beating Dragons as expected with a tbp so we will be 6th.

3 home games left and the trip to SA. Big few months ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Any NFL fans know a player called Doug Martin, aka The Muscle Hamster. Hodnett reminds me of him so much, even though he's a bit taller and not quite as portly.

The Muscle Chinchilla, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Three home games now between now and April (Ospreys, Scarlets, Glasgow). Even two wins and a few BPs likely ties up 7th before the SA tour.

Win all three, and a home QF is very much on the table.

Yeah I remember him. As a Buccs fan I had big hopes for him (1st round pick) but only really delivered two seasons due to injury issues I think.

Really hope that’s not the case for Hodnett!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I think a home playoff is very unlikely at this stage.

Glasgow have a game in hand plus their last few rounds are all at home against bottom of the table opposition.

I could see Glasgow finishing above Ulster.

Also Sharks have 2 games in hand and only 4 points behind us.

I think the odds are that we’ll finish 6th or 7th and away to Glasgow or Stormers.

Still a good few rounds to go though.

Post edited by Jump_In_Jack on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Glasgows game in hand is in Jo'burg without their internationals. And while I expect them to beat Ulster, it's no gimme. And they have to come to TP.

Sharks have to play Stormers twice and we play them ourselves.

A home quarter is still very much on. It will be difficult to achieve, but I'd expect 14 points from the next 3 games and a full squad travelling to SA.

Advertisement