Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best ev for boot space and comfort

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Abel Magwitch

Its you that started that.

I’m only retorting fanboi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

i replied to your favourable assessment of the Mach E , you then engaged in reductive defensiveness and you’re still at it with the above , seems to be a hallmark of yours since you joined the site a month ago

If you actually read what I wrote you would know I gave no favourable assessment of the MachE, just it’s interior. That it feels like a €50k car compared to the Teslas which feel like a pound shop interior. Both can be gauged against each other as they have a similar screen layout and are targeting the same customer base

But being a Tesla fanboi you are not able to engage in like for like comparisons on things you know the Tesla sucks at and somehow felt the need to inform the world that less MachEs have sold than Teslas. You also said that MachEs were overpriced and would depreciate heavily, neither of which are in any way related to having an interior which looks and feels nice. But it makes you feel like you are levelling the playing field

You are clearly not able to keep the discussion on topic so there really is no need for me to engage with you further. Otherwise you will probably come up with the retort that Tesla has the SuC and that somehow makes it’s interior feel more comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

You keep referring to the Mach E interior as feeling like a €50k car, but as a poster above mentioned the cheapest is over €67k, up to €93k. Surely a €67k car’s interior should feel like a €67k interior and not a €50k interior?

That’s intellectually dishonest tho isn’t it?

The ModelY SR with a white exterior has the exact same interior as a ModelY Performance with a white exterior

One is €46k the other is €64k

So your argument isn’t really coherent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

So compare the base model interiors.....still €20k in the difference, same with the top specs?! Your argument is very skewed. They are different price segments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭staples7

not worth even trying to argue the point,careful he’ll pull out the ‘fanboi’ card 🥲

I don't own any EV yet so I'm ok....I think???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I don't think that'll save you from the anti Tesla mob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭staples7

Listen. Compare the €46k Tesla interior to a €36k ice car of your choice. It still is lacking. I’m not sure what part of that the fanbois don’t want to acknowledge

Edit: If you want to suit your fanboi mental gymnastics then compare the base models. Compare any base models. Compare it with a €30k ice car base model. It still looks like a pound store shop

So.....your argument is purely based on personal preference / opinion? That's totally fine.

What pound shops do you shop in? Normally they are cluttered with crap, this is not what a Tesla is? Tesla interior has its faults, but so do all cars.

No it is not based on preference. There is no way the tesla interior would be put in a €46k or €64k rival car. Pick your brand

Edit: Dacia and Fiat aren’t rivals

Ok, I'm out.

I prefer the interior of my M3 to my wife's 3 series.

This isn't everyone's idea of premium

• Advertisement

What year 3 series has that interior? I have never seen it in a car before.

Ofc the original point isn’t about preference. It is about cost and what you get for your money. Are you saying that the interior of the Model3 is on a par with the cost of your wife’s 3 series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Haven't been in one, nor do I know anyone who owns them, like I do with Teslas.

You'll be charging me rent for obviously living in your head soon enough though.

Biizarre to think there's anti Tesla posters out to get you, you're extremely touchy about the reality of how some owners feel about their cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,927 ✭✭✭Soarer

@Abel Magwitch You've offered nothing but argument to the thread. It'd be great to be not having to read your "fanboi" retorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You’re a great fellow for the old conjecture

Think we'll stick to facts rather than anecdotes from your imaginary friends in the pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

I have absolutely no idea what your point is here but you seem determined to persuade people of something, I just don’t know what.

So, like budhabob, I’m out too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I think I prefer the opinion of an esteemed expert in the field. One who worked for years in Ford and who still impresses the quality of new Teslas. Sandy Munroe.

Recent trips to the USA I noticed the build quality in M3 and MY is not as good a the MIC cars. I also sat in a few Mach-E models at the Texas state fair. Interior felt nice to the touch, but Lord almighty the gaps were ridiculous and build quality nearly made me angry for such a nice car. Felt like a 20k car, not a 50 or 70.

Stay Free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,747 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's probably timing. The earlier Tesla Model 3 sold in Ireland were built in the USA, with relatively poor build quality and paint and panel gap issues. These are probably the cars that those people were complaining about. The Tesla Model 3 we have been getting in the last couple of years (I think since some time in 2021?) are built in China and have excellent build quality, as is confirmed by those surveys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I had a good look at 3 and Ys when in the US last year, the more recent builds are very very good (from the outside) so improvements being made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

I quite like the Tesla interiors. Maybe not as plush as a upper-level BMW, but at least with the M3/MY they are not competing in that segment. For the segment they do compete in, and considering the rather excellent value in the base/only spec you are getting a really nice car in which you'll enjoy spending lots of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Point proven, you're super touchy that in reality some people feel let down by the quality (not to be conflated with reliability) of the cars they currently own.

As we all are now aware there seems to be a step up in quality, but like I said their perception is tainted and aren't rushing to stay with the brand or recommend them.

As much as you want to try for some reason convince people this is all make believe, it's only yourself you're convincing.

Advertisement