Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

Evdatabase.org says 410km for the 77kwh

Seems consistent with what you say, what are they advertising it as?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Liam2021

I do agree that the weather does have an impact on range. But I will get the range as stated by VW. If some id drivers want to have a heavy foot you would expect range to be affected. No different then if I had an ice car and drove it hard I would need more fuel and not achieve the manufactures economy figures. I'm getting on average VW figures first my id3 also. It all depends on how you drive. I'm still on my original tyres and they will have covered 2 years and 45 k before they will need to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭micks_address

Out of curiosity does any know the difference in range achievable using the eco mode versus comfort? I've a gtx and always just used comfort mode... doubt it makes much difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭id.4 fan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,562 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Feck all. Only use it in icy conditions and IIRC it only gives 1km or so extra.

• Advertisement

Can confirm this. Was in VW today and various ID4 models had PCP APRs varying from 6.9 to 9.9%!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭eagerv

No difference, all down to the way you drive, heat requirements, adaptive cruise usage etc. There is no magic extra battery available in eco mode..😉.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭joe1303l

2.9% on the 1st Editions too. I see on the VW 'offers' webpage for the ID4 now there is no mention of the APR rates for the individual models, whereas it was always there before - hardly surprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

There’s no reason not to buy a MY RWD for €46.5k with 5.9% apr on hp. VW def gone mad, although I might sell them my ID.3 1st as they offered me more than Tesla.

• Advertisement

I mentioned to VW chap today that it's strongly rumoured that Tesla will drop their rate by 3% shortly and he looked a bit worried!

As if they are not worried now? I was the prime customer to upgrade to ID.4 (had 3 vw bought from the dealership) but with ID.4 Life or DX with a bit more spec than my ID.3 1st (bigger battery but I don’t trust them with the quoted usable figure) now 7-8k more than vastly superior MY and 20k more than I paid for the ID.3 - it’s a “NO” from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah I can't see how VW doesn't respond with a price drop soon

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I think the main difference is that it dials back the acceleration on ACC to the lowest setting, so you expend the least possible energy getting up to speed

I think it might also limit the top speed but not 100% sure on that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

That’s all true, but bear in mind that range was never an issue - we ignored the manufacturer quoted mpg figures simply because the tank size and real world mpg in a 1.6L - 2.0L diesel cars would all do 1000km+ per tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭sk8board

Same here - we’ve have VW pcp’s for about a decade, across 5 golf’s (mk7, mk7.5, mk8), I think they were all on 0%, certainly the recent 3 or 4 anyway.

With the current one, VW have called 3 times in the past 2 years to temp us out of the golf and into an ID3, and out of the 0% of course.

That said, I think the misconception we have is that low interest rates are normal, when actually 5-9% used to be the longer term norm.

I bought a new bmw one time and the in-house bmw finance rate was 9.2%. I declined! but remember asking what % of buyers were financing and it was about 50:50.

Until now, we planned to roll 2 cars into 1 ID4 and stay with vw, but No chance of that happening with their current pricing & interest rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Tesla model Y

You'll also see MY2022 or MY2023 which stands for model year in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 4 padderob

Hi guys I own an ID.4 with 17000kms on her. Love the car but recently I noticed a problem with the ACC on the car that I was told by the dealer is connected to a gps issue.

Dealer said the car needed an F5 ACC control unit replacement and is booked in for such.

I asked was this expensive and they told me the unit costs around €3500 but it is covered under warranty.

Out of curiosity I went and purchased an OBDEleven (Pro version) and ran a fault scan and 21 problems under 11 faulty control units came back of which control unit number 5 ACC was one of them.

Here are the fault codes under each faulty control unit.

1.Engine

Code: U112300 Databus error value received

2. Airconditioning

Code: U014600 Lost communication with serial data gateway module A

3. Adaptive cruise control

Code: U112200 Databus Implausible message

Code: U112100 Databus missing message

4. Gateway

Unknown faults 5

5. Multimedia

Code: U11100 Function restricted due to communication

Code: C10DDF5 Diagnostic interface for databus

6. Telematic

Code: U14FE00 Secure onboard communication

7. Battery Wnergy Module

Code: U163F00 Hybrid/ High voltage battery system

8. Battery Charger

Code: B1AD0F0 Charging station

9. Parking Assist

10. Driver Assistance

10. Light line display 1

Code: U11211 Databus missing message

I'm wondering has anyone here seen any of these fault codes before and if all or any of them are anything to worry about.

Also, if there are so many problems under 11 Faulty control units why am in not been alerted to these faults on the cars display system.

Under the vehicle health report the car is displaying no issues found.

The only report the car is showing me is a problem with Adaptive Crusie Control.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, Padder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Most likely the ACC control unit issue is the root cause problem and all the others are just side issues as a result. Fix the root cause and the others go away… maybe.

You are under warranty so no need to care really… check it again when the new control unit is in.

• Advertisement

Sound advice, will run another check once the new ACC control unit is installed.

I think the cars records all previous errors even after they aren't active anymore.

So the car might lose communication with one of the modules for a bit and record an error, but then re-establishes communication a minute later. It doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with the car

You could ask the garage to clear the errors and then see if they reappear straight away

I did actually clear all the errors using OBDeleven and they reappeared the next day when I ran another scan.

Its good OBDeleven actually tells you at what mileage each fault occured.

I have searched online for the error codes but there is limited data available.

I can see some of them are related to intermittent problems the ID.4 suffers from in general but as Kcross already said they could be related to communication problems between the control unit not working and other units trying to communicate with it.

It is odd though the car itself is not displaying the faults so the driver is aware of them or is this becuase the faults recorded are not prioritised enough in the control unit to warrant a fault display?

Anyhow, I'm hoping once they install the new ACC control unit the other faults will clear also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scarecrowshane

Hi folks, I have a 212 ID4, and I'm wondering if there's any guidance on getting the 3.0 software update? I got the workshop battery/update for 2.4 in October, but is there anything I need to do to get 3.0? Been waiting a long time for it!

You need to be registered with the app and have signed up to the We Connect Start contract (if you can use the app then this is done)

Other than that, when you have 2.4 your car will check for an update once a week and if your VIN is in the update list then it'll download

I think the YouTube channel Battery Life has a few 3.0 update tips videos which might help

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scarecrowshane

Cheers, yeah, already registered in the app etc, I got the 2.3 update OTA at the time. Its a bit daft that the 3.0 update is so hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Not that easy. They are still only in Beta release and seem to have issues bricking cars when doing an OTA update. They have not pushed it out to most the fleet

Oh right, I thought it had hit GA already since folks were getting the update over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Only those that specifically asked for it via an email campaign and not even all of those have got it yet. VW are being super cautious about the rollout as they have been hitting issues with some cars and are fixing those bugs before they move to the next batch.

• Advertisement

VW is gone quiet on the FB page regarding the general roll out of the 3.0. I had 3.0 since the end of Dec but I was in the 2nd wave as i send an email with "I want OTA" to last September.

Advertisement