Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread: Mod Note - No 'Dublin Dominance' chat allowed!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Wont allow to buy 1 childs ticket on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Gael85

I think we will a lot of last years u20 get game time in league. Greg McEneaney, Theo Clancy, Adam Waddick, Ben Millst and Luke Breathnach. Killian O'Gara, Mark Lavin and James Doran should get a chance too. Would like to Mullin brothers and Andrew McGowan from Crokes get a run during the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Good opportunity a div down no real pressure. If the Mullin brothers play I hope everyone pays attention to the subs board!

There was a fella Keating corner forward for Ballymun who I thought had something about him - energy, pace, aggression. Could take. a score.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

It would be good to see how these lads step up to senior grade. The likes of Bugler, Gannon, Paddy Small, Basquel, McMahon, Scully will still see plenty of league action. Players such as McCarthy, Fenton, Murchan, Kilkenny, Costello, Howard, Comerford, John Small and Rock will probably play in the final round of games.

Can't see Keating getting near league panel as too small to make a impact in the forwards. Was strange to see him as wouldn't be a guaranteed for Ballymun.

• Advertisement

100% them lads need to step up and become the new leaders. MacMahon and David Byrne weren't fit to start against kerry should be starters in FB line. Big year for Peadar O'Cofaigh Byrne too. Need him or Brian Howard to partner Fenton in midfield. I say the experienced players mentioned will be involved tomorrow bar McCarty and Rock. Comerford is injured and Howard is away.

Oh right I see because I made sure to make note of him as there was two Keating's. The corner forward fella stood out. But what you say it appears he is destined to suffer the same issue Hubbard had at corner back. Great at club level but too small for intercounty?

He a good football brain but yes similar to Hubbard size counts against him.

That other Keating. Is that Luke Keating from Cuala?

It must be I can’t remember. I just the Ballymun fella Keating was corner forward. There is no other Keating plays for Ballymun is there?

• Advertisement

Any kildare or Dubs season ticket holders not going in later. looking for an adult or child ticket plz. 

Dont fancy forking out 18 for a childs ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭Trampas

It’s €5 for a kids ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭toffeeshel

You can’t but a childs ticket on its own. You have to buy an adults ticket.

Sorted anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Great to have the intercounty season back with a big game in HQ. Good open game so far also. Some nice scores from both teams. Fenton with a cracking goal, John Small with a nice point. A lot of familiarity with our team. Kilkenny, Scully and Costelloe looking lively up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Decent 1st half.

Hopefully Dublin's accuracy improves in the second half but at least there's quicker ball going into the forwards.

Dubs came out and were dominant in first 10-15 minutes of 2nd half but missed quite a few chances. Con looking dangerous.

Kildare then missed a goid goal chance which was saved onto the post

Quite a lively game. Punters getting their moneys worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Thought Kildare lad was lucky to get a yellow there. Very dangerous Shoulder charge, could of dislocated his arm. (Was it small?)

Kildare have been good. Look really fit and giving Dublin their fill of it.

• Advertisement

Two terrible wides from Dublin. Costelloe from a close in free i think he was whipped off straight away and Cillian O Gara a simple close in wide. Keeping Kildare in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Are Dublin intentionally allowing Kildare all this possession?

Dublin look a bit of a mess. Some very shady defending at times. Finishing has been extremely poor. Kildare deserve something from this and it wouldn’t do Dublin any harm to get a kick in ass here

Close shave in the end. Three points in the bag. Played well in patches but looked very open and rusty also. Some shocking shooting. To be fair i thought Kildare were impressive and the lillies will feel they left a result behind them. Good game over all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Thought Dublin's decision making was poor at times but thankfully that's something that can be worked on. Overall good to start with a win and build some momentum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Just home from the game beforehand I expected a decent six or seven point win so that was way off .Thought we were poor enough especially our shooting some awful wides and some awful kickouts from the keeper . Some of the established lads will improve for the game but I didn't see a lot with the newer guys and then like last year bringing on lads with a few minutes to go not sure the point of that barring an injury .The main thing is the win and onto to the next game which we should win .

I thought Dublin’s best patch was the first part of the second half. I was happy that there was no eejitry mistakes. But then Kildare nearly got a goal. And got a cheap 45 at the end.

I think Dublin switched off or something. But credit to the lillies for sticking at it. But it would have been criminal of Dublin to throw that game away.

As other posters said there was a lot of careless wides. But you could say that was lack of match sharpness.

I can’t remember any of the new lads doing anything silly. So they got their NFL run out. Unscarred which is grand.

The worrying part for me no1 put their hand up to say they are a good option to partner Fenton. I thought lahiff was poor.

And P’OC-Byrne tries hard but is a slogger. Does he cover the ground enough? Like a Homan or a Shane Ryan?

if Howard and Fenton are ever both out I would be very worried. The Derry game v their midfield of Bradley/Glass will be a great test.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,861 ✭✭✭billyhead

Glass won't be available if the club final is replayed.

So what you are saying is Dublin lads on the panel should have word with the Crokes lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

I disagree strongly with the comments saying our defending was poor. I was delighted with it to be honest.

Last year we were really easy to play against. When we lost in the championship Kerry had it easy in the attacking third as the defensive pressure wasn't great. We also gave up so many easy counter attacking opportunities. Really naive defending by modern standards.

By contrast this evening every time Kildare got the ball Dublin worked 15 men into defensive positions and put excellent pressure on the man in possession. A real emphasis has obviously been placed on what we do without the ball. For me that's the starting point and i was delighted to see we're working at it. The rest will fall into place.

Welcome back Pat Gilroy is all i can say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

there was a rumor going around tonight before the game that con o callaghan has been using jimmy Keavney's old treadmill in the smoking area at the back of mahers pub in ballybough in the run up to the game , judging on tonight's performance he uses the same luigies on his way home aswell!! , hopfully he wont be able to budge by the time we meet ye in 3 weeks time 😂😂

Advertisement