Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble 2023 *Spoilers* *NO BETTING ODDS*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Online talk rumours of Jay Switchblade and Nick Aldis for the rumble

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe rumours like that should go in spoiler tags? Just I'm sure this close to the Rumble, some will be true.

Of course we'll be getting the "insiders" who just list a hundred names then claim credibility after getting 2 names right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Aye, I think for the sake of the actual event please keep spoilers of participants ideally in the Rumours Thread but if you absolutely HAVE to drop any of the 7 million rumours that normally float about in the coming days use spoiler tags. Ideally just... don't. There's no need to infodrop everything the dirtsheets post.

I know the thread says *Spoilers* in the title but the event has not even taken place yet so it's very unfair on people to start posting them with abandon.

Edit: I've cleaned up the thread a little and added the match card to the OP cos it feels a little bare without it.

Post edited by Necro on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,154 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Could be something like this alright. To expand on that (as a total storyline invention) perhaps Sami's instruction is to exit the rumble, but by going out under the top rope instead of over it. So when whoever wins gets their match, the bloodline demand Sami to be included in a triple threat since he hadn't lost (like Riho in AEW before), with the intention that Sami lays down and takes the pin from Roman at WM. The fight could almost be the 3rd person trying to stop that pinning possibility. And then when the moment comes, and Sami lays down - he pops a shoulder up at the last second and goes on to win the match pinning the 3rd person. (obviously a very long shot, but we've seen weirder!)

Post edited by ~Rebel~ on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dave Meltzer has given 3 possible rumble winners for the men’s rumble. Talk about hedging your bets.

One of them won’t even be in the rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Haven't been paying much attention to the build-up and haven't made a bet so haven't seen the odds. First time in years where I don't feel like there is a certain winner. Obviously Cody, Sami and maybe Rock are frontrunners for the men's. Haven't a notion for the women's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will they give Jay White the AJ Styles treatment or will he get the big pop and head to NXT ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭BlueAndWh1te

Don't know if this is the right thread for this but are there Royal Rumble watch parties happening in the city centre this year?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm calling it now Sami won't be in the Rumble. Reigns will forbid him from entering and for him to be at his side for the KO Title match instead. That way they can keep Sami out of the Rumble to avoid fans turning on them ala Daniel Bryan style.

While people hope SAMI will get a World title push out of this program, all this is just leading to a tag team title run for Sami/KO nothing more.

Cody/Rock/Austin are who everyone should be expecting to get the W.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

Zayn or Jey Uso are the more interesting options for winners eye em oh. Never bought the main event Jey Uso thing but at least it would put credible tension within the Bloodline for a while as he's the one who resisted Reigns in the first place.

Shame, in a way, that WWE doesn't really have a figure like a Santino Marella at the moment whose win would come totally out of left field, have the crowd cheer it on and then not really mind them being totally destroyed the next night to free up the spot for Rock or whoever.

A figure like Santino? R-Truth?

Great it's on a Saturday this year so can watch it Sunday morning when I get up before seeing any news about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

I guess I'm pitching him, Pat McAfee or Rick Boogs!

I don't know if I want Pat in it or calling it, hell both, when is he back?

Pre show-12am

Main show-1am

Looking forward to the event, so hard to call the winners. Feel Cody winning the men's is too obvious and the Women's is very hard to call

Rhea Ripley and Riddle (think he will return) for me

Edge's match dropped and no Charlotte SD title match, is there a tag titles match?

Sami and Rhea winners for me hopefully

• Advertisement

Edge was meant to have a match?

So from that image, no one from The Bloodline is in the Rumble.

Becky promoting it as well

why would they be they can’t challenge their tribal chief. It’s solid storyline continuity. They’ll be there to screw KO that’s all.

• Advertisement

Maybe enter to win so they can lay down for Roman at Mania.

Also no Judgment Day in the men's Rumble which I'm sure won't be the case. I'm sure Dominik had to fight more than 29 others in the prison yard so he'd have no problem.

KO vs. Reigns closing apparently

Ending on a big angle so. Expect a non surprise rumble winner. Cody or Rollins it is so.

Where is the Austin stuff coming from?

Because he's a gym rat and looking better than he did 20 years ago?

Offered big money to replace rock. Or so the story goes online.

I think WWE want a BIG marquee name to face reigns at Mania for Reigns to beat. Zayn is not that name. And if not rock who?

If that glass breaks tonight my living room window will also break because I'll have lobbed myself through it with excitement.

Looking at last year, they had a title match first then the women's Rumble and closed with the men's. So I'd say the men's will be on first this year (in relation to the women's but may not be opening) with the women's on before the main event, if the title match is closing.

Maybe open with women's title match and Pitch Black match before the women's rumble. Maybe another match thrown in there as well.

Liv is entering at #1 isn't she? Think she said that.

Speaking of the women, was Lacey the only entrant we saw on Smackdown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Cotts72

If Reigns v Owens ends the PPV I think we are getting a rock/Austin stare down to close out the show

Men's Rumble match first up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Officer999

Reigns KO main eventing ahead of the men’s Rumble definitely suggests a big closing angle

Going by the image on the preshow there aren't many mystery spots for the men's rumble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I always build myself up for the rumble shocks to be disappointed 😂

Told ya, don't believe everything they report on the dirtsheets! 😂😂😂 Card is fine when you have 2 30 person Rumbles to get through.

Going to try and watch this live, I'm old and don't like being sleep deprived though 🤣

And that's why I'll wait till morning.

Hope ye enjoy it, whoever stays up for it.

Pat McAfee back. Love it. Coles reaction is class it's like he regrew a limb or something

Great start now anyway!

Cole looks so genuinely delighted 😅

What odds McAfee's music pops at some point during the rumble and he climbs in?

A good number 1

Can't see him winning it this year but definitely a future winner

Ah deadly - the first of my 2 guys in the pool is Shamus! Love it.

• Advertisement

Banger

After

Banger

After

Banger

After

Banger

After

Oh for c*nt sake!

I put money on Bray Wyatt winning his match so I could put extra money on Gunther most eliminations...and here we have men's rumble first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Don't look good for a rock, Austin etc retuning if the mens rumble match is on first.

I'm absolutely intrigued as to who's going to win it now with KO and Reigns closing.

Be interesting if new day eliminate each other

The group has run its course tbf

So what punk is gonna come out for number 8?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Pat McAfee is a just a natural entertainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Ha ha can't believe they mentioned Seamus and Drews tag team name thought that would quietly disappear.

Kross's return to WWE has gone about exactly as I expected, used as a foil for the bigger stars. Claymored outta the Rumble there being case in point.

Haha not with Pat and Corey on commentary 😂

• Advertisement
Advertisement