Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2023 *Spoilers* *NO BETTING ODDS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 31,629 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

True, but there are always a couple who effectively sit out most of the match, hanging out under the ropes to allow other stories to take centre stage in the middle of the ring. Makes sense, you can't have everyone active all the time or nothing would stand out, but it's a funny role to have.

Could imagine a good short film focusing on two or three people in the corner having a chat while the match happens around them. Other characters floating in and out depending whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

That's an awesome final 3 tbf.

Rhea takes it... so the faves win both rumbles. Fun women's rumble though!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cool finish.

Both rumbles had good finishes.

• Advertisement

What a way too win it by Rhea

Happy with that, had a feeling Liv was going too win it

I really hope Asuka get's the push she deserves too.

Rhea absolutely the right choice and that was an excellent finish.

That being said, what does that mean for the whole Beth story? When are we going to get that pay off?

Forgot about that, hardly have Rhea do both nights

The Network not getting much in terms of Documentaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Bit odd she was there but not in the rumble match

• Advertisement

Might run that story quickly to end at Elimination Chamber? Or else put it on ice until after WM.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Presumably there'll be a big match next month there? I was wondering that too because between the spear and her starting at number 1 I actually didn't think she'd win it.

Christ a musical performance

Be 5am by the time Roman gets to the ring

Well. Had been wondering who Hardy was after his weird appearance before. Seems he's just a terrible generic country musician ticking off the boxes of referencing his truck and drinking with his buds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

PPV is too long. I love wrestling but watching anything for 5 hours (including preshow) is too much.

Jesus Christ, the commentators really treating the viewer/listener as a child.

Preshow is an absolute tie waster these daysm they don't even put matches on it anymore. 4 hours is about as long as I think a PPV can be. Those long-ass Wrestlemanias were a dose.

Sami's performance/expressions are so perfect.

hmmm... was disappointed with the Sami turn, as didn't feel like the best way to end the Sami/Bloodline story - but the Jey turn makes it potentially quite interesting. There was proper tension in both moments, really well handled performances by both Sami and Jey.

• Advertisement

Match itself was fine but loved the finishing angle.

Really well sold by all involved. The Bloodline cracking apart and seeing what happens with Jey will be interesting. I do think that the audible should definitely have been for Zayn to beat Roman at Mania but I think they emphasis on Kevin Owens and Sami saving him makes it seem like it's tag title focused. Definitely going to be an interesting build to Mania.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

I disagree. I thought it was terrific storytelling from not just Sami and Jey but Jimmy too. You could see Sami lining up that shot on more than one occasion but every time it stopped you were left wondering if he would actually do it.

Sounds like we're largely in agreement... I agree that the way the scene was handled was all excellent from Sami and Jey et al, as I said... my criticism is just that I think there was still more to run on the story before having the turn. But as ThePott said, it's likely gonna lead to a tag match instead of Sami getting to stand up to Roman, which i'd have loved.

Cody speaking very well at the presser after, really fitting the part of the statesman stepping up to the big seat. Speaking like a future champ. (And did a bit of Mtn Dew promotional stuff too)

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Officer999

I think I’ve watched Sami’s chair shot on Roman about 20 times already this morning. It’s a thing of beauty. That pop was just insane for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Very much a predictable rumble with Cody and Rhea winning their respective rumbles.

I do think they missed a trick not having Ripley drag mysterio out to the ring to have Dom eliminate him. Give Dom that bragging rights over his Dad.

The Sami turn was coming a mile off but I didn’t see Jey walking out like that. Hopefully they go with that and not have Jey side with Jimmy and co. As if they push Jey as a face it’d come full circle as Jey initially stood up to Roman. But no doubt it will be Jey and Jimmy versus Sami and KO at mania

Rhea and Roman have to be favourites for their respective mania matches. Not buying Cody being the one to stop Reigns.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Rhea is a bonafide superstar already and definitely deserves that crowning moment at Mania. I'm not sure about Cody, on one hand he's absolutely perfect to finally dethrone Roman on the other hand I want the inner Bloodline turmoil to cost him. Turn was telegraphed but it was pulled off so well at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Very Very good PPV.

the men’s royal rumble was great and Walter aka Gunther in my eyes was already a star but is even more so now. Even though it was obvious Cody was winning the final two did a good job of not having it be a quick ending helped Cody.

the pitch dark match was interesting but not good. I feel so bad for LA Knight having to go through this bray Wyatt BS. I liked original Bray Wyatt but the fiend and firefly funhouse stuff was the drizzling ****. Also Uncle howdy missed by a mile.

Alexa bliss I don’t think will be an in ring wrestler much longer. She doesn’t seem to be able or want to wrestle.

Also I think the thing with Rey is linked to the mask, Dom took his mask and ripped it so he couldn't come out and compete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Overall a good PPV.

The post main event was well done.

I forgot Logan Paul was an officially signed WWE Superstar. I noticed they got a lot of the big Superstars out there early enough, like Sheamus, Drew, Brock, Lashley. Usually they save them for closer the end. Good showing for Gunther. And was surprised Rey won overall with Cody just eliminating himself at the end.

Kofi messing up for the second year in a row. Looked like he missed the chair and Woods was meant to help as well. Cole even tried to cover by saying both feet hadn't touched, but I guess HHH called out to tell him to leave it now. Also seemed Kofi was hurt.

Didn't even really watch the Bliss/Bianca match. Just skipped through it. No interest and as said above it seems like Alexa has no interest either.

The Wyatt match seemed more as a way to bring back/reintroduce the Wyatt 6. He even had the VI on the side of his head.

Rhea winning was kinda expected though did expect more from Beth. Hope the Nia appearance was a once off. Thought since he wasn't in the men's Rumble that Dexter may have come out from under the ring for Indi to land on. Expected Katana/Kacy or Sol Ruca to be in it to do the elimination save spot. I never understand why ones involved in feuds fight outside the ring then leave the person lying there. Like why didn't Damage CTRL bring Becky back in and eliminate her instead of letting her sit out a chunk of the match?

One thing the women's Rumble match shows is how badly booked that division is. You watch the men's match and you have multiple feuds being continued in it and pretty much everyone in it has some sort of beef with someone else in it. Then watch the women's and some of the entrants have been on tv about as much as the surprise entrants. How many women in that match are involved in storylines on the main roster at the moment? I can think of just Becky, Bayley, Iyo, Dakota and Sonya. Iyo and Dakota are tag champs and they don't even have a feud using that fact. I guess could say Rhea as well.

So who will Rhea go for? I would think Charlotte since Charlotte's beaten her for a title a few times. But will probably be Bianca. Depends on who they want for the other title match.

Advertisement