Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Gibson Les Paul

Options
  • 26-01-2023 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Looking at pulling the trigger on one of these tommorow

but im not sure what model 50's version or 60's version

i've seen reviews of both and the sligh diffs in each

which would be more collectable nowadays out of the 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭NiceFella

Wow, how much would that set you back? I have a modern version which I am not crazy about but I have played some of the classic ones that are nice. Off the top of my head would go 1950s. Love retro

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The 50s and 60s models are very different. The neck profile is one of the main differences, and it's very much what you prefer. If you're spending that much money, definitely try and play a few models if you're near a guitar shop. In terms of collectability, modern Gibsons are mass produced to questionable levels of quality. There are so many of them that they'll never reach the same levels as original 59s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Mark Agnesi is back at Gibson and now the models don't have the weight relief , yeah i know the neck profile is diff on both , i was in xmusic on saturday and i will never ever go back , complete stoners working there , i had to school one of them on the colour of their only 1 les paul they had , the 50's and 60's come in 3 colours each , i'm getting it from Thomann as they will send without vat and also 3 % discount , so thomanns price is 2399 but without vat and discount its 1891 or something , i tried to see if xmusic could do anything and wouldnt even knock €10 off it , didnt seem interested in even doing a deal , so that's it

Advertisement