Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭THE ALM

No buyer remorse either and could as easily end up keeping it, is a great car.

With grants maybe changing and the way pricing is going it is difficult figuring out the best thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭VWPAT

No buyers remorse here. My id3 is going grand and have no issues. Wouldn't buy a tesla as i have issues with Mr Musk. Promotes free speech as long as you don't say anything bad about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,023 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I only sold mine as I didn't need the range and it was a waste paying a loan on it when we got the 72KW Ioniq 5 and was doing about 100km a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,293 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I wouldn't say remorse, but I am really fed up with the pathetic approach towards software implementation by VW.

I remember writing a list of maybe 10 bugs when I bought the car in August 2021 but adding that I was sure they'd all be ironed out in the next software update.

Nearly 18 months later and every single bug is still present and I believe that only 2 or 3 are due to be fixed in v3.

That's simply not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

No remorse here. Love the car would easily say one of the best VW cars I've had. Yes there has been some issues with software but I have been lucky no problems currently on 3.0 working fine. Also have an ID4 with no issues also o 3.0 software

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Bif

No ID3 remorse here either. Great car. Looking at at getting a Tesla also but not worried if that doesn’t work out as more than happy to keep the ID3.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭fits

Like genuinely I don’t know where you got ten. . It’s annoying for me when it goes offline but other than that nothing else annoys me. I’m sure it could be better but the software thing is way overblown imo.

I'll go see if I can find the list...

I don't think it's overblown at all.

The infotainment screen and system is piss poor compared to my old i3. Even the Leaf before that had a smoother interface and it was bog standard.

The progress (or lack) from 2.1 or whatever it was to 2.4 to 3.0 is comically bad.

Tesla can spit out software updates regularly and easily across the range. Meanwhile VW are farting about with small batches of upgrades, then promises of proper release, then radio silence for months, then another vague batch of updates including bricking a fair number of cars, now more radio silence. Ludicrous.

I sat in a mate's new Tesla model 3 the other week. The infotainment screen is so smooth and polished its embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Could not get signed in as the Primary User.

Eventually Pulled fuse 19. Uninstalled WeconnectID then re-installed and re-registered with different email.

Then got following message in app

Then simply followed instructions on screen.

Apologies, it was only 7 and 2 of those I figured out shortly after posting the list.

1 - why is there no way to change the speed limit sign display to stay in miles when you cross a border? Even with all units set to miles, when I drive into Ireland, the little red circle changes to a 100 which of course is km. Directly below that 100 it says mph which refers to the actual speed.

Why on God's name would I want to know what the limit is in km, given that my speedometer, all units, and my brain are working in miles??

2 - is the android app just crap? I don't have a separate option to heat my steering wheel, and the car image is left hand drive with no option to change it.

3 - the lack of battery % without digging into the vehicle menu is annoying.

4 - I don't want to know my mph charging speed on the screen. I want to know my kW charge rate.

5 - I have the option to dip my passengers mirror on reverse, but I have to select it each and every time. Is it too much to ask for the option to always dip, never dip, or dip when I manually select it?

• Advertisement

All 5 are still present.

1 - very annoying as a regular cross border driver.

2 - android app is indeed, just crap. They added the kW charging rate but its still a turd compared to pretty much any other app.

3 - this one is being fixed in 3.0

4 - still crap

5 - still crap

I'll add more now:

6 - the screens are sluggish when swiping

7 - the text boxes are horrendously glitchy when entering addresses etc

8 - the way travel assist just turns off without visual or audible warning is crazy.

None of those are an issue or bother me. Haven’t noticed travel assist switching off without warning.

Them not bothering you doesn't mean they're not bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭RevID3

We Connect updated the app and now has a widget available for android.

Shows % as well..Very Cool ,you can also refresh the %

Does the refresh work for you? Doesn't for me. You have to tap the widget and open the app, then when you come out it has refreshed.

But if you need to go into the app for an accurate result, the widget becomes pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Refresh works for me on iOS. Not sure what it’s refresh rate is, it’s not in minutes, but it does update in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭eagerv

It's the same with the widget on my Tesla, the only advantage really of the widget is a larger button for opening the app..🙂. Apps by their nature I suppose are not always on, for reasons of energy saving.

I get that it wouldn't show until you hit the refresh button but for it not to respond when you do makes it pretty useless.

Maybe it's just on the android app and will be fixed sometime before 2032.

Just tried and works fine for me..Instant refresh.

• Advertisement

Do you have any settings disabling background refresh turned on on your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭eagerv

Should work when you refresh it alright. But personally I would prefer it didn't automatically refresh.

On my Pixel 6 I go settings, apps, app battery use, pick app and then see what's there.

There's a setting on mine there that disables battery use when an app is in the background which stops updates and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

iil add a few:

1. the car switches randomly to comfort mode. Really annoying if you want eco mode or sport or even worse created your own settings. Also no way to know it did that until you see higher battery drain and click through the system to find it, should have eco/comfort/sport/custom on front screen highlighted. But they have an internal setting wanting you in comfort mode.
    2. the speed sign detection uses the gps location and maps first. So it tries to go 120 on the M50 because the maps are wrong or worse because they went the cheap route with eir, think you are off the m4 on a side road and drop you to 30. If the cameras recognise a speed sign, which are nonexistent on our motorways it will update. Dangerous and really annoying.
    3. user settings. You can’t see them and set the. They have an automated timer to set them automatically. So I’ve changed my temperature to 17 from 19. It keeps coming up continually with an option to switch it to 19 even though you keep pressing cancel. Also it will just randomly change to it for no reason as well to.
    4. it was never set up properly for our roads. So if there is a car going 80 on the motorway and actually is in the appropriate lane, it will identify it and not let you pass because it thinks we drive on the other side of the road and are trying to undertake. This happens a lot on dual carriageways and motorways.
    5. when bought they promised quarterly updates over the air. Obviously first one was in house. So far 2 over the air 2 in house. So that’s wasted time etc.
    6. also anyone buying one with the hepatic buttons, you need to buy the most expensive one to have full voice control. Basically you get basic voice functions on everything else. The area to change temperature etc is not illuminated so you have no clue where the buttons are at night. They’ve said this is an oversight, but if you f*ck up something so simple and basic, there is a lot more wrong with the car. In general I have one with full voice control and girlfriend has new one without it. Mine is night and day better to drive and she bought hers for 10k more than mine

ive ordered a model 3 and giving up mine. Think she’ll do the same as well as quite frankly the car isn’t worth more than 30k with all its problems

“if there is a car going 80 on the motorway and actually is in the appropriate lane, it will identify it and not let you pass because it thinks we drive on the other side of the road and are trying to undertake. This happens a lot on dual carriageways and motorways.”

are you sure there isn’t something up with your settings? This does not happen with my car.

Tried that, took off the restrictions on background use, no difference. Still won't refresh the widget unless I open the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Mine doesn't refresh it every time. I think it works if you refresh it in the app 1st then click refresh button on the widget. Android as well.

• Advertisement

Lol, so the widget is pointless if you have to open the app first.

Advertisement