Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snooker Season 2022/23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Watching the English open

Hearn must have widened the pockets again

You'd drive a double decker bus into them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

couple of demolition jobs tonight/this eve in English Open QFs

Trump gone - beat 5 frames to 1 by Belgian Bullet , and Allen beats Ashley Hugill by a similar scoreline 5-0

Eurosport Panel's take on the cheating Chinese:

probably the last we'll hear about it 😁

Semis:

Brecel v Allen tomorrow eve 6.45 promises to be a cracker - tough to call, but I reckon Allen wins. Prediction: 6-3 to the Irishman

I fancy Robbo to beat Selby in their earlier afternoon clash. Selby prone to a few uncharacteristic errant ones this week. Prediction: 6-4 to the Aussie

Mark Williams' maxi from earlier on today in his QF loss against Robertson

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Quest only showing the weekend coverage now. Still tommorow evenings final session will get a freer run when the WC final is over.

Its been tough for other sports to get a look in over the last month. Can only watch so much sport.

Bit of an epic in Selby v Robertson going on before then.

Man on form Mark Allen has run into a steam roller from Brecel so far this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don’t know what to make of Brecel runs out of position loads of times. Recovers with mad shots hits it too well, over screws a shot etc. Then has to play another mad shot. Should be a good clash of styles in the final.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Brecel rather threw that away. rank bad safety leaving that brown over the pocket….

a few pennies on Luca 4/1 in running

hon The Bullet !

Tuning in now after being occupied by that World Cup final.

Glad to see Luca is sticking with Selby to make a match of it.

Luca needs this frame.

one thing you might say just with that last safety of his is he’s left Selby with several half chances

• Advertisement

Not a bad chance for the maximum

Potted that last red too good ! Pity

looked to have decent position on the yellow an' all 🤗

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I can’t remember the posters name. But they said once that Selby has the mannerisms and style of Steve Davis.

So I was thinking it is fitting Selby won the Steve Davis trophy.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Mad that he could've been heading out of the top 16 if he didn't eventually string some results together.

Wondering why they are showing Trump vs Selt on YouTube…. Surely Higgins vs Selby is the one people want to see…

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭iffandonlyif

I heard Murphy say in the latest of Stephen Hendry’s interviews on Youtube that he now plays out of the Stephen’s Green Club in Dublin. Was that widely known? I saw he went viral for buying lunch for someone in the street who was begging, but I assumed he was visiting rather than living here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

He was interviewed by Claire Byrne on her radio show over the assisting a beggar incident. In it he did say he played in the Stephen's Green Club.

But yeah it's well known he's been living in Dublin for years now. He has an Irish wife. Think they live out in Sandymount or near it.

Thanks for that. It seems almost idyllic, Darting into Stephen’s Green for a bit of practice between tournaments. Biggish fish in a smallish pond. Lot of flights back and forth, though.

Post edited by AllForIt on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,835 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They live in Balinteer. He asked Spawell could he practice there but he needed his own room etc so they said no.

• Advertisement

Jimmy into the last 16 of the German Masters in Berlin. Playing Lisowski tonight.

First over 60 year old into last 16 of a ranking event since Eddie Charlton in the 1992 British Open.

C'mon Jimmy.

Although this tournament should be there for the taking by Lisowski now.

Jimmy makes a dream start 2-0 up. What a pink to middle

Ahh, Jimmy looked really upset there after loosing the match 5 - 2. Missed a ball to the centre pocket to let Jack in to clear up.

I’m living in Berlin and spontaneously decided to get tickets to the final. Despite having watched a lot on TV, it’s never really occurred to me to go in person. I’m excited, although I’ve been warned that the seats are far away from the table. Anyway, hoping for a Robertson/Lisowski final.

The Templedrome Seems to be in the middle of Berlin, walking distance or a quick U Bahn hop from the centre. Could be a hell of a place for a few days away watching some snooker.

Maybe a bit less hyped, and a bit easier to get to/from than the Masters in London

16 year old Stan Moody has won the World Junior Championship and gets himself a 2 year tour card.

He was at the Shootout last year and impressed there winning a match, and has made 147s in practice.

Carter beats Milkins in the decider.

looked like words exchanged at the end during the handshake…. Might be wrong though. Looked like Milkins conceded while Carter was home and dry just mopping up, possibly Carter wasn’t impressed by that ?

Carter has had a rough ride over the years, but he does seem to have more aggro with other players than most of them on the tour.

Milkins has had a great few days, a 146 on Thursday, followed by a 147 on Friday.

Lisowski really needs to put this tournament to bed from here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Carter can be a septic little prick at times. He’s very unlikeable and a poor sport.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Tom Ford one frame away from making it to the final. Hope he can get over the line.

Advertisement