Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

Is the pass mark still 20 out of 50 for each competency in the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kurokishi

Anyone know how many have been called to interview in Dublin open so far? I'm mid 800s.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

Pas are up to oom 798 for Dublin open.

@Kurokishi Will you let us know if you get called. I'm not too far behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kilkengal

Anyone have an update on where Laois is at?

kind of regretting not accepting the Offaly interview now…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Had my interview today, think I let the nerves get the better of me, not hopeful of passing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Limerick seems to be painfully slow again this time around - last comp I think less than 40 were placed in total

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭carlyam2

In relation to laois I checked last week and I was told there are no vacancies in laois so they have not called anyone currently and they can't say when or if any will come up.

Kildare has called up to 23 on open panel and 5 on interdepartmental one.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mrsec

How did you find it? Was it for Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 zeldamayo

Got my areas of preference form today. Does anyone know the situation with blended working?

Is it available and for how many days? Would every department have blended? And would I have to be there a while before I could request blended working?

• Advertisement

I’m sure you did okay, keep the head up. I was very nervous the first time and passed, hope you get it!

I had mine earlier, my camera went after a few minutes so that was frustrating for me. Did anyone else have any technical issues? Went well in parts but maybe should have expanded on some answers, panel were lovely. Hard to know if I passed

• Registered Users Posts: 8 katway

@Kurokishi I am OOM 852 so will be interesting to see when we’re called, didn’t expect it to be so soon considering they were only late 400s before the new year! Please let me know when you’re called!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hollandra

Does anyone know what number they are at in Dublin INTERDEPARTMENTAL.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ashbpm

Hi all! Got number 7 on the Offaly panel (batch 3) and have already sent off my qualifications and location preferences. They seem to be on the ball here!

I didnt do too well in the interview, average enough I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭LittleBoBeep

Congratulations I placed on the Offaly panel too just ahead of you! Hoping they’ll have positions soon for us! I wonder are they pulling from batch 2 yet?

It varies very much from department to department. Some are 4 days wfh others are 3/2 days. It really does seem to be department and section specific

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Thanks😀 hopefully they put us out of our misery soon. They said around 2 weeks to me

Only slight technical issues, one of the interviewers screen froze a couple of times.

Ya 2-3 weeks. I have to say it was a harder EO interview than before, maybe because there’s no E Tray exercise. I would recommend people reading up on the civil service renewal plan as I was asked about it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Leryan123

Hi, any idea where they are with the Tipperary open panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorL76

Really important personal question, if anyone knows the answer please tell me.

Does anyone know that if you were to drop down to part time work in the civil service (down to 3 days a week from 5 days a week before), would you lose the work arrangement benefits? Things like Flexi time, wfh, shorter working year scheme etc...

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mrsec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 zeldamayo

Don't know about Civil Service but in local authority part timers could still avail of the above

I was in the mid 500s for Dublin, I think they’re close to 900 now

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PurleStar

Hi CosmicTurnip,

Can I ask what county your getting the position in?

I got department assigned on Monday, just wondering how long it'll take to hear more.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LousClues

Hi everyone

Sorry if this is the wrong thread. I received an email regarding the EO Internal Competition Tranche 3 Final Interview and they will be calling in March.

I was wondering does the first interview differ much from the first interview.

If I were to pass my interview, how far back do they look at sick leave etc. In May this year I will have 2 years of a clean sheet, (I had been off previous with removal of tumour and treatment)

thank you 😀

@LousClues

My understanding they go back 4 years however due to nature of your sick leave,a CMO can discount that period of leave for promotion purposes. I hope you are keeping well.

With regard Internal EO, I received an email in Education to say hoping to start in March but depending on availability of interview board.

3 interviews for an EO position is alot and should have been argued by Union as to my knowledge no higher grades have ever had to do 3 interviews. HEO and AP would have had to do a video interview on topics given in advance and then the main interview but that would have been for interdepartmental and not internal.

I got a requirement for presentation withdrawn from this internal EO as very little CO would have experience in presenting presentations.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LousClues

Thanks for this!

I had an interview last May and this will be the second and last I hope!

I had requested my notes from the interview last year so I will be going over them along with my application form.

I think too much about interviews so I’m hoping il have a decent amount of time to prepare !

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Heya iggy1986 ..can I ask what department your friend is in ..just been offered department of health through mobility but don't know a single person who works there ....just curious as to where the office locations are around dublin and what type of work is involved

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ccpl

I've done the same for Westmeath. Is it just the waiting game now until they have positions in the locations we selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danielle101

Has anyone heard anything from Longford, got offered mobility today as a CO and trying to weigh up options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

anyone know what OOM they’re up to in Waterford or Kilkenny?

Advertisement