Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superbowl LVII Thread - Chiefs v Eagles

Options
  • 30-01-2023 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

This is a meeting of 2 recent winners with the Eagles landing the 2017 title and the Chiefs taking home the 2019 edition. The game will feature 2 brothers on opposing sides with Travis Kelce being the star tight end for Kansas City and Jason Kelce being one of the top Centers in the league for Philadelphia for many years. Chiefs coach, Andy Reid will face off against his old side having led the Eagles to a Superbowl appearance in the 2004 season while Nick Sirrani will be coaching in his first Superbowl only 2 years into his head coaching career.

Carl Cheffers will referee his 3rd Superbowl with Kevin Buckhardt and Greg Olsen providing commentary for the 1st time. Rihanna will be performing the halftime show. Free to air coverage will be provided by Sky Showcase and ITV1.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Chiefs fans despise Cheffers so that will be fun 😂

I feel Mahomes needs a second Super Bowl win, 5 straight AFC title games and 3 appearances at the big dance is great but only one ring to show for it would be disappointing. However, the head says the Eagles will be too good in the trenches and the Chiefs are very banged up.

Put in my annual leave for it today, can't wait to drink pints and eat wings at 7am on a Monday my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Celtic_Eagle

Birds by a Billion 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Supporting the Eagles. Mahomes GF and brother are a melt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I would have preferred one of Bengals or 49ers in this game instead of two teams with recent SB wins in past 5 years but it should be a good offensive contest with the Reid and Kelce family storylines adding alot to the matchup. Game is a coin toss for me I'm not as sold about this Eagles team as many are

Just have to decide if it's worth taking the Monday after it for annual leave struggling more and more each year with next day with work after these late night NFL games!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Was hoping for Bengals... not sure as a neutral who to root for between Eagles and Chiefs.

Re: time off work, if the NFL hadnt added extra game I think the new bank holiday would mostly have lined up with the Superbowl. Murphys law.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Eagles. Peaking at the end of the season, toyed with their playoff opponents, and their QB isn't limping around. Might be like one old Superbowls where it's over by halftime.

Hopefully good commercials.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭bmc58

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Eagles look to be too strong and healthy on both side of the ball for any team to contend with.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Toney was the only Chief limited at practice today and he will play, sounding pretty healthy too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Philadelphia Eagles to win by 14 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The bookies in the US seem to have the Eagles as very slight favourites...

Eagles -1.5 versus Chiefs +1.5

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Give me the Chiefs & over 50.5 points.

Travis Kelce is gonna go buck wild tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭amacca

I'll go against the consensus and pick chiefs

Eagles good at everything and hurts is a threat everyway but mahomes can be magic and I think eagles won't get to nullify him if he's healthy....

I hope this is as good of a superbowl as I think its going to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,874 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Obviously I’m picking the eagles to win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Kev8360

Hope it's a cracker tonight. Going for the chiefs by 3

One thing is I hope the officials aren’t a headline tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hope this is at least a good game.

I know Eagles are good but I just reckon Mahomes will do his thing and that'll be that.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

No one does pomp and bollox quite as good as the Americans

I like Chris Stapleton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Stapleton smashed that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Im just here for the ads

One of the best Star Spangled Banner I've heard.

It was a great rendition and didn’t have the song going up like a swing bridge.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Eagles cutting through them

Looked down before he got in

First drives don't come much handier than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,939 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Looking like Chiefs will need a big score because their defense isn't stopping a whole lot

Kelce is untouchable.

• Advertisement

Wiil this be a mad back and forth match like the last time the Eagles were in it.

Advertisement