Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Bowl LVII - Where to watch in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-01-2023 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Almost that time of year again, so looking for people's suggestions on venues.

We usually head to Dtwo / Harcourt Bar to watch but I've been told this year they're not accepting pre-booking of tables / seats. It was absolutely freezing outside last time we had to sit out there so don't fancy that again.

Aside from that, we've watched in Xico twice which was fine, but they're not showing it this year. Enquired with The Camden a couple of weeks ago but they were booked out and only accepting walk-ins. I believe even their bookings require you to be there very early.

Anyone any suggestions? Obviously the key is that they remain open for the whole game(!) and have the sound at a decent volume.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 seansc1

I'm in the same boat. I went to Rody Bolands previously and that was great but they aren't showing it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Was in a place called The Bar on SSG the other day and your man behind said they’d have it on… Sinnots is good too for the games. McSorleys in Ranelagh do a good NFL night also (I’m here now watching tonight’s games) but it’s walk-in only on super own night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Was Sinnott's busy for it and was there much of an atmosphere? Could be a decent option. Never been there myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I was there for the Pats @ Bills game and it was a pretty good atmos, I’d say for SB it’ll be good craic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Just to follow up on this. We ended up booking Sinnotts. Had great seats right in front of the big screen. Atmosphere was great and sound was loud on TV.

Only complaint was having to be in by 9pm, otherwise they'd give our table away. Found it very long until kick off. Probably doesn't help that it's downstairs and there's no outdoor space to walk around and mix it up.

I get that they want to maximize their profit but I think 10pm would be a decent compromise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement