Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severance - AppleTV+ - (***Spoilers***)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

John Noble sure to be a trustworthy character 😉

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Noble is one of those actors whose face and voice I can immediately picture in my head.

Rare enough I've had a show leave me gagging to know what happens next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Where's all this John Noble suspicion coming from?!?!

I can't possibly imagine what cou... *starts laughing in evil John Noble voice* 😁

Kinda hyped for Gwendoline Christie in this now. She's performed great in the recent appearances I've seen her in The Sandman and Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I’ve just begun watching this, it’s truly superb in its originality, a horror for the all powerful corporation age

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Patricia Arquetes character Harmony makes Nurse Rathed seem warm and loving ( terrifying creation straight from hell )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,528 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Late to the party here, only started this over Christmas and finished it last night.

All I can say is WOW. What a show, every episode is top class but season finale is just fantastically done.

Best show I've seen in a long time and I'm surprised it's not getting more attention here as it's a show that should not be missed.

I'll be going on to Slow Horses next and Bad Sisters.

Apple is definitely making quality shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just bought a load of Lumon tat on redbubble (stickers, mugs, phone cover)

Would love to get the polo shirt to wear to work. 😆

Post edited by furiousox on

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,538 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Have you a link to the lumon stuff?

Friend of mine would love that 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭furiousox

Sorry should have said redbubble not reddit (post now corrected)

If you do a search for 'lumon severance sticker' or 'lumon phone case' or 'lumon t-shirt' 'lumon mug' or just 'lumon severance' all sorts of weird and wonderful tat jumps out. 😃

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Awww. Every time I see a new post I'm like:

"new trailer????"

"No, no new trailer. 😢"

well screw that.. I'm gonna enjoy me a music dance experience!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,481 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Has anybody else watched this? really weird setup and the office scenes are disconcerting. Directed by Ben Stiller. It has an insanely high rating on IMDB of 8.7 and after watching the first 2 episodes I can see why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah, there's a thread on it somewhere (Boards search function is awful and it's probably buried 10+ pages back).

Great show, well worth sticking with if you're enjoying it so far. Keep going as blind as possible to avoid spoilers!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah Damn, no new trailer.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,134 ✭✭✭fitz

Would you really want to watch a trailer?! I watched season 1 having heard something about the basic premise, and that it was getting good reviews, and thoroughly enjoyed how surprising and fresh it was. I want to go into the second season as blind as possible, tbh.

I've only heard about season two from Grace mentioning a couple of times that they've gone back to the drawing board. She didn't really give much detail and I only really picked up that the story wasn't .. i dunno.. good? maybe or as good as they want or as good as season one. Either way, feels fine if they're not gonna rush it.

Supposedly there are delays in this 'cos the show-runners have basically fallen out: so it might be a while before we get that Season 2 if this is all true.

Belloni wrote in his “What I’m Hearing” newsletter that Severance “has been plagued for months by pricey problems, including scrapped scripts and the dreaded showrunners who don’t speak to each other.” Severance was created by Dan Erickson, who had little industry experience prior to getting this pilot picked up. He was paired with veteran Mark Friedman and the pair never hit it off. Friedman initially planned to leave the show following the first season, and Ben Stiller, who serves as executive producer and directed much of the first season, interviewed several replacement options. But according to Puck, Stiller wasn’t enamored with any of the writers, and they wound up bringing back Friedman to mixed results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭RickBlaine

This has been on my watch list for a while and I binged the season this week. The whole season is amazing but I think the finale is one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen. How the storylines converge is just perfection and it is incredibly tense.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Apple has, of course, posted an 8 hour video of the theme tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I think this is just unreal good. I've just finished watching season 1 for the second time and I'll prolly watch it again sometime. I don't know how I didn't hear any hype about it, only heard about it on the Silo thread. I love all the intentional symmetry and the specific colors amoungst many things about this series. I don't know if that's all supoosed to mean anything but it's a work of art visually no mind how great it is in all other aspects. Can't wait for season 2!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry no new word yet, but are we ever going to get a season 2 out of this fantastic series. I want to know what happens to everyone after that finale, why the hell there's a little room in the building for baby goats, will Burt fall in love with Irving all over again when he answers the door, will your man find his wife. The series is just too good to finish on that.

Just spotted this article from yesterday apparently.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,774 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭Shelga

Thanks for the update. Although, ugh if they only started filming, it’s going to be at least another 6-9 months before it airs, meaning season 2 is likely to come out nearly 3 years after season 1 premiered :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Was late to this, but just finished Season 1 last night. Such a good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,642 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,015 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only upside is that it'll mean having to watch S1 again before S2 comes out and we'll have forgotten so much of it it'll nearly be like experiencing it for the first time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Not for me !!! I've re-watched it once through already and am going to do that again very soon ! It is literally the best TV show ever ! (after the OA of course) !

• Advertisement

Hope nobody's in a rush to see Season 2: it's officially coming, January 17th 2025.

Advertisement