Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Query

Options
  • 31-01-2023 9:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me, roughly, how much the following would cost.

24sqm of porcelain paving, supplied and fitted

52sqm of artificial grass - of reasonable quality, perhaps 38mm

Thanks folks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,430 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What sort of condition is the site in? Will it need to be cleared, levelled, drained and/or graded?

And - what part of the country are you?

If there is material to remove from the site that can add quite a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks for your reply - Yes, I can address some of those.

Currently have a garden that will need to be taken up and taken away, as well as a small bit of paving/patio.

Don't think it will need to be drained. House was part of a new development, built in 2018.

I am in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,430 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its really not a situation that can be priced without an actual quote. Paving is around 30 - 40 euros a square metre, plus whatever costs in cement, edging etc, and labour is around 130 - 200-ish (pp) per day (though that number can be whatever you want to pull out of the air). However clearing the site you are then getting into machinery and lorries to move the stuff, dumping fees, time spent and so on. New developments can be more hassle than older properties in terms of drainage so that is no guarantee either.

Not a really helpful response I'm afraid - I had a handyman make a very nice job of lifting (off sand) and re-laying (on concrete) some 200+ old paving slabs, with new edging and some minor levelling and grading and it cost me about €500 which I considered a bargain. It did take a couple of months of him mostly not turning up, for various fairly unconvincing reasons, but the job was good in the end.

You need a definite quote and agreement and doing some research on potential tradesmen would be the best approach, generally any that are worth employing are too busy to be interested in new work at the moment, but you need to get your name into someone's book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks for that response, very helpful.

Advertisement