Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 23 Ultimate Team Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Packed TOTY Van Dijk

From TOTY loan pack lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh, after my 6-1 comment yesterday, I’m now on 40 points with 4 games to go. So need three wins in 4 to get my usual 51.

Dofficulty seemed to ramp up big time today. Everyone is just demolishing me. Can’t even complain about my team after adding the gut ends of 4m worth of player to it. It’s just an insanely high difficultly level today.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I started WL today, went 4-0 in playoffs then gave 6 away, and now I'm 7-1 in finals.

Dunno what is going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Had a truly awful start to my WL last night, kept playing even though I was wrecked and finished for the night at 6-9.

Back on this evening with a fresh head and managed to rattle off 5 in a row to finish on 11 wins, just like seemingly every other week.

HM Cancelo in my rewards too so that’s another player in the squad upgraded. Will 100% be doing that Xabi Alonso as well and he comes straight in for Bruno. Really happy with the shape of my squad at the minute, just need that TOTY Van Dijk now. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Been putting my whole club into PPs and Upgrades all weekend but not even an HM to show for it so far, looking like my second year in a row without one.

• Advertisement

I have like 120 packs to open tonight. I better pack something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Finished 15-5 so a fairly standard WL. Most defearts were in the first few games when I started a very attacking 4-2-4. Switched back to a 41212 and Benzema, Ginola and Ribery were excellent. Pogba was great as a box-to-box midfielder too, really solid defensively. Not sure I'll bother doing Mbappe now. Nothing in rewards.

Well, I didn't pack at TOTY. Got HM Cancelo, Saka, Maignan and Fekir.

Got a ton of fodder, so did the 88+ Icon and got WC Baggio. Perfect for my team.

Then did Pogba, and on the 86 squad rewards I packed tradeable Valverde! A nice 900k card, though the card is insane and I'll be keeping that.

So sitting with this right now and 600k in the bank:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Packed 12th man haaland from some objective 3x81 attackers pack!

the 4/4 makes a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Jesus, pack weights really have been nerfed to the floor. 150+ packs all mega pack or greater (including 84+ x60 and others) and not a single TOTYN or TOTY. Plenty of fodder that I used to complete Alonso and will do Mane+Pogba too, maybe the icon gamble as well. I’ll then prob just buy TOTY Jude and VVD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Lads wtf happened to the gameplay!? Play two or three games there Friday night and its gone really weird. The passing and general movement of the players has changed. It was never perfect but it was far better then this!

Makes me not bothered to try invest any more time or effort into getting better players when game plays like shite anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

+1 on the awful pack weight this weekend, Cancelo Bremer and Maignan the only blues I've seen so far

Think it might be a second year in a row without a TOTY

I did manage to pack Gerd Muller WC Icon from an 83x25, didn't even see him in the pack just found him randomly in my club. I'm wondering how he's 1.6 million coins though dosent look all that really

Any of you use baby Cantona?

Worth 600k?

Bremer and Maignan all I've seen so far, I'd estimate I've done 600+ player picks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

My pack luck has changed in the last week. Benzema, Ginola and now Prime Maldini (88+ icon pack).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

nice... I love his mid card..fantastic at interceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭PGE1970

150 packs opened.

WC Icon Pirlo and TOTY Maignan is the best that I got.

Big Virgil Van Dijk from a 85+ double

I’m awful at defending hopefully he’ll help, no excuses any more

Modric from a 83x25

It’s Raining blues long may it continue, A cheeky KDB or Erling next EA, Pretty Please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lucky to have even gotten a nominee by the looks of things! Got WC Hagi too from the gamble SBC to top off the awful luck in my pack openings. Ah well, completed Mane, Alonso from the fodder and only have the remaining two expensive squads left for Pogba.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Absolutely zilch for me, kept all my decent weighted packs for this as well as opening all the other crap. No sign of a TOTY or an Honourable Mention. Kimmich and IF Rakitic the best pulls so far.

Did all 3 Icons

90 Makelele

89 Casillas

88 Litmanen

Ouch. Makelele is usable I guess.

I got WC Baggio, not sure I want to risk doing it a second time.

Been in Div 1 for a while now and it's ruined Friendlies for me, I don't see more than 35% possession in any game, I'm not good enough to be here and aside from FUT Champs every single game mode matches you with opponents based on your Div.

Yea I'm in Div2 and I don't want to go any higher, it's a sweat-fest.

Even Div2 is a real challenge. Lots of very stacked teams. I dunno if they've massively increased the drop rate of R9 and Pele cards this year cause I seem to play against them a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

I had a bit of luck with my 3 88+ icon sbcs

94 Zidane (Dupe since i did the SBC)

93 Cantona

90 Vidic

I've also been repeating the Premium League SBCs and have packed a TOTY HM Cancelo and 91 Kaka ( dupe since i did his SBC) from it in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Played a draft earlier with the 94 Gullit card, my god it's amazing. Had a look at the price and was sad to know its the only time I'll ever get to use it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

God, the gameplay is killing my motivation.

every single match now is cutbacks and tap ins. It was bad enough when everyone had their fullbacks set on ultra defensive tactics, but addin in every single goal being cutback tap ins, and the repetitiveness is just making the game mind numbingly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Once I see someone try it straight away, I just act the dick and pass it around the back to annoy them, the win doesn't matter to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Pack luck perked up a tad, not that I had many, TOTYI Van der Saar popped out, untradeable, I'll take it!

Advertisement