Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭archermoo

Well, it makes him a sh!tty person. But then we already knew that. And very true, he was sacked for being a bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

They should focus a tripod camera on him, something like David Attenborough would use trying to capture a frog mating. Also it will be interesting to see what he wears now that spring is here. Once he ditches the beanie and overcoat we could see a whole new Enoch spring wear in Dunnes Stores!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Outside of the boards bubble, in real life so many people have been saying whatever, the principal should build a bridge and get over it - it wasn’t a sacking offence and he should be reinstated to his job but not teaching the specific student who has the issue with him.

Interesting times....

Post edited by Beechwoodspark on

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I dont think so. I think at this stage they've moved on.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Did the student in question have an issue with him?

• Advertisement

Clearly you dont know whats going on.

Whats not a sacking offence?

Do you not realise that Enoch doesnt teach that student?

Do you not realise that Enoch wont accept his job back unless the entire school refuses to accept/respect the requests of the student/parents?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It was some issue to do with transgender and pronouns.

You clearly know absolutely nothing about what actually happened here at all.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,898 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Question

If he's just standing on the public road, is he in contempt, or does he have to actually enter the grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭chooseusername

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Who are all these people you always seem to get a contrary view of the situation from? Anybody I've spoken to thinks Enoch is the sole architect of his demise, he's a prat and the family best avoided.

This.....this is EXACTLY the type of faffing about and quibbling over how many angels are on the pin head - as a work colleague put it:

so if he steps 1 step further past the gate he can be arrested but if he stands at the gate itself they won’t - jeez - silly legalese makes no sense to the average person - which is why they should just “get on with it” accept that he is not going away and reinstate him so that at least he’s working for the salary he is getting rather than standing around outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

But banging on about pronouns plays out so much better in the right wing press,

On the video on the Indo website, he confirmed that his problem was having a “accept transgenders” - he thinks HE gets to choose what students he teach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

May be a bit more complex than that.

In her Joe Duffy dial-in some years ago, there was male prompting going on in background.

Of course that may have been God.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

Oh come on, Enoch had the issue with the student, not the other way round! Did your Castlebar relative tell you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

You do realise he was sacked! He's not getting a salary and let's face it is unlikely to be hired as a teacher ever again.

He isn't getting a salary. He has been fired. He doesn't work there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,656 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

What are you on about? How does a perfectly legitimate question regarding the contempt ruling lead to you calling for him to be reinstated? And getting on with it should mean accepting his behaviour? You need to step into the real world here.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,006 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

so many people

I read that in Trumps voice.

So many people, so many beautiful people....

He's not getting any Salary because he has been dismissed.

What happens if he is reinstated? How do you envisage that working?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I think by "accept transgenders" what he means is accept that they exist, not accept them into his classroom. Or something like that. It's hard to know what a warped mind like his thinks.

Its not even that. He is demanding the entire school body should follow his religious beliefs and refuse to accept the studenrts request to use a new name and they/them pronouns

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The original issue yes, but Enoch then made this about himself by refusing to follow the correct procedures for raising a complaint and decided to publicly harrass and attack the principal. Thats why he was fired, so now this whole mess has nothing to do with pronouns its quite simply to do with his behaviour and refusal to accept hes been fired.

To stop accruing daily fines he has to go to the court and purge his contempt. Where he stands doesn't have any impact on that. Now if he does go in and purge his contempt and then continues to go to the school but stay outside of the gate I'm not sure if that would be a violation of the court order or not. It all depends on how it is worded.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They should reinstate him to stop him being annoying.....what planet do you live on?

What salary are you on about? Hes not getting a salary due to the whole hes been fired thing. In fact hes being fined 700 quid for every day he shows up at the school and refuses to purge his contempt of court.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

This guy, I am just so fed up of seeing his face on the TV and newspapers every day.

How can it be that some f88ker like this thinks he can hold a school up to ransom; and worse still the law can basically do nothing about it.

I'd imagine if I was a parent with kids in this school I'd be actively thinking of taking them out, just because of the inability of the legal system to deal with this ongoing fiasco. At this stage, a long jail sentence would be the best way to end this imho.

The thing about this guy, and about all the social media around him, is that they;ve made the story all about him. There are no other parties in the media narrative. But the thing is, there are other parties - there are kids in the school. there are the families of kids in the school. There are the other teachers, paid teachers salaries, who are not equipped or trained or paid to have to deal with this crap. And then there is the wider public who have to put up with the guy being featured day in day out on the national media.

It just would seem the solution to short circuit this whole issue is reinstate him back to his job and he keep quiet on the trans issue and ensure the student with the gender issue (whatever the issue is, not familiar with it) doesn’t encounter him during school - surely this is a compromise on all sides?

Win win, particularly for the hard pressed Irish tax payers instead of Burke hanging around the school gates doing nothing all day.

The dept of education keep going on about need for teachers, new school places, new pressure of work on teachers. Ludicrous.

Makes ZERO sense having Burke standing literally doing nothing outside.

He’s not “going away quietly” just accept it and reinstate him or if the principal ego won’t accept that, give EB a diff school position to work in. Maybe that’s the solution ?

You clearly dont know anything at all about what happened here.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

You are so disingenuous when you say "whatever the issue is, not familiar with it." You've been on this thread long enough, with your hearsay

Ironically, all the facts in this case are "verifiable". Unlike the people you talk of that support Burke (I for one have not met a single one.)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,506 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Sweet Jesus no.

That man should be no where near the education of children

Advertisement