Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@ivan13 Your order of merit will be from the interview. The fitness test can’t be ranked because you are told to stop when you for example achieve 8.1 on the bleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ivan13

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikerso11

Havent got it yet , i wont start worrying until the week before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mikerso11

If i were you id practice using the one on spotify , and keep trying until you get to your required level. The bleep test on the day is definitely easier than the spotify version so if you can do that youll be fine on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Hi, for those who have already completed the report writing exercise, how long did it take usually to receive results? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 CMT123

HI guys, Seen someone post they'd been pushed back 3 months as their BMI was over 30. Find this frustrating my BMI is well well over 30 but my fitness is well over what is required. Don't know why that can't be enough to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

Has anyone been waiting around 2 weeks or more after having a meeting with the sergeant for a meeting with their local superintendent? I know it’s to do with how busy the station is but just wondering is it normal… thanks👍🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Because it's considered obese. Not fat, not overweight but obese. No medical will accept a BMI that high without an exception reason ie body builder, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

I was waiting around 3 months. And didn't even meet a super in the end. So it's not unusual for yourself no. Might be worth chasing up because there's still time for you to get in the Feb 20th intake if you got a super meeting within a week or so.

Would you just contact HRPD and just check the status or question the meeting with the superintendent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 muckmann

waiting for my medical results but know my BMI is 31.5 but I would be a very muscular build and this was wrote on the medical report by the doctor, what would the likelihood of that being ok? Everything else was very good on the medical

It's probably just sitting in your local station waiting to been seen by whoever needs to see it. I've honestly no idea. I'm only saying you might want to chase it because you're tight for time to start on the 20th. If you got a super meeting within a week or so you should still get in with the Feb 20th intake otherwise you'll be waiting another 10ish weeks for the next intake

Yeah I get what you’re saying. Just don’t want to be ringing up the station and come across as cheeky rather than eager

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Anyone having an interview coming up and looking for a course to prep. I used gardaip 1on1 session and it's brilliant. I would highly recommend it i went into the interview with a confidence boost after GardaIp session.. https://www.gardaip.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erinjean

Hey guys, would anyone have any advice for preparing for the fitness exam. More so the obstacle course

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭leheaven

Heya. If your training especially for the bleep, sit ups and pushups. You should have no prob with it. I didn’t do any specific training for the obstacle course and just before it I was speaking to the instructor (because we watch the person ahead of us go first). I was asked if I’d passed part A and I had and they said I’ll have no prob so. Advice I’d give is just to go all out, it’s a short amount of time so push yourself. I’d suggest taking your time going around the cones, balance beem etc (so you don’t fall. If you do you have to restart that part) and then go fast after them. At the end sprint as fast as you can. Don’t go too fast on the stairs early on, it killed my legs by the third lap haha.

I did 2 PT sessions a week for 4 weeks before my fitness test and 1 sprinting/run session. I was also doing a C25K program.

Try and enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

I was waiting 3 weeks and then received an offer. You might not necessarily meet the super.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tom897

Has anyone from batch 5 received a call to begin on February 20th? I've met with the superintendent and passed the medical just waiting on a call now to begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EoghanG23

Hey guys , I submitted my ID and results in advance of the interview last week and I recieved an email saying that they recieved my documents but my files wouldn't open and to resubmit it. They said to have it resubmitted by Wednesday but I completely missed the email and only saw it this evening as i thought I did everything right the first time. I resubmitted it but now I know lt will be Monday before they see it. Do you think I will be ok? i'm going to be worried about it all weekend .Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 erinjean

Thank you so much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 SausageRoll7

Anyone starting Feb 20th got the follow up email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dovetany

Hi I was wondering if anyone is doing physical exams on the 13th Feb? I'm based in Dublin I was thinking we could rent a car together or if someone has a car I could pay for gas. Is there a whatsapp for batch 7?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 emmak123

Hey wondering could anyone help me. I need to sign off my declaration form for my interview but I can’t edit the document? Did this happen anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

Hi lads does anyone know what happens if u fail the fitness test do u get another go at it? Or do u come back after a few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 starbht

I opened mine in a word document. You have to make a copy of it then you can edit it. Hope it makes sense @emmak123

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JamesO2020

Anyone here on the intake starting in February? If so, has anyone received their information pack yet?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AshleyOH23

I think they’d maybe take it in to consideration if you’re extremely fit and lean? If not you’re given three months to get your BMI down. I did this and just had review yesterday.

Hey! @LAK23 Well done first of all! I was the same and just kept calling to get an appointment with occupational health! Would be no harm giving them a ring to advise you’re ready for your review!

• Advertisement

Hey! @Clono Did you hear anything back about the checks yet? I’m in the same boat!

Advertisement