Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

if I don’t make this upcoming delivery is that it? September or nothing? I have a white MYLR on order. Made a change the day the prices dropped. I was told by Tesla that my EDD had to be reset following the change but that the dates will change soon…

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 13,904 ✭✭✭✭josip

Very unlikely anyone will be canceling an LR. There would have been very few pre-Jan 13 LR orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Delboy33

Anyone with a MY RWD order with Induction Wheels receive a VIN or specific delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I ordered back in November (MY Blue SR) and VIN is on my account now.

Also on the Hoegh Chiba into Zeebrugge on the 2nd March.

I didn't see any posts of earlier boats, but lots of people (including me) with February dates 🙁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

VIN assigned. Ordered 27.10.22, standard MY RWD, white, black interior. The car also seem to be on Hoegh Chiba.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Is that showing up on your account or through VIN finder Rusky? Have identical order to you but about a week after. Waiting for VIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭gallagheri

VIN not assigned yet. I do hope me changing from white to red on stock RWD wasn't a big mistake lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Hey Dave. MY RWD with Induction wheels here. No EDD other than the “Feb - March” that I’ve had since Day 1. Assuming/hoping they will update to a specific EDD soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian Michael

Haven’t seen anyone with induction wheels get a VIN yet. Haven’t seen any black cars yet either. So far a lot of white and some blue & grey. I’d imagine black will be a popular colour now after the price drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭AlmostCared

Yes, went with Black and Induction Wheels. Starting to regret that choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Anyone any experience of how many days Tesla take to allocate VINs for the whole ship ?

Talked to Tesla there and they have confirmed only Q1 and Q3 deliveries for Ireland, so if I miss this one its Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Same here still no EDD order black my RWD should had went with white dam.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 asdasdadad

Anyone for model 3 with white interior got vin?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭webels

Vin available using the chrome extension.

Blue standard MY black seats...ordered 17/01/23

• Registered Users Posts: 17,943 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Am I right in saying it seems to be mostly MY's that have got a vin?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

If you order a new model Y today the EDD has changed to Apr-May, this was Feb-Mar yesterday

sounds like a second ship or no ??

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

I've never been convinced on the next set of deliveries being Sept. Tesla Regional Managers will be very aware of the grand reduction in Ireland and will have communicated this. Even though we're a small market they are not going to want a raft of cancellations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

I'm feeling the same, I changed from RWD to LR when prices changed. No VIN assigned but have been requested by Tesla last week for all SEAI related documents and finance documents etc.

• Advertisement

its called "Tesla modification remorse" .. the pain is real, the VINs are final

I know the EDD are just an estimate and change frequently but when they clearly know the stock isn’t available for new orders why don’t they be honest and reflect that in the estimated date of delivery on the site? Rigging the dates to prop up sales won’t do much in terms of customer satisfaction when orders get cancelled when dates keep pushing back?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,904 ✭✭✭✭josip

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Not sure what you mean by rigging the dates. They wouldn't be able to recognize any revenue based on a deposit of €250.

They put the next expected delivery. Which going by what people say is usually sept. If they have a boat scheduled in the second quarter then put that down. Don’t leave the date range that absolutely is physically impossible for your car to be on because it’s already left Shanghai

for some reason when I quote previous text it doesn’t show in my reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 norbertdk

Black + black interior Model Y RWD ordered in October - I have a vin assigned, visible under the order number. EDD Feb 23 - March 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

I presume there is no urgency re payment? Generally a week out from the firmed up delivery date?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Been in the area by pure coincidence so popped into Tesla —spoken to the guy there, very helpful, however indicated that it will be September most likely with the 14/01 order. Said that mid-March if it hasn't happened then we are looking at September.

Mentioned it would be not until next January (which is crazy and I refuse to wait that long out of a principle)—which at this point probably makes no difference tbh. Asked about the grant, so depending on what the story is and the amounts, the price will go up so they won't absorb the difference. Probably been mentioned before, but there you go.

Asked about the payment—no urgency, when you get the YES you have a good few days to settle it, so panic in general.

Sat in the car—seems spacious—nicely made, feels wide but haven't driven it so will be interesting to see how it manages to squeeze in on all the narrow roads. Hopefully by the time it arrives (whenever it happens) they fix the Tesla Vision to get some beeps—this might be an issue in tight spaces I think.

Post edited by og2k7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

Then why would it be April - may on there site shouldn't it be September- October if he was right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

I think there is the system (website) and there is the inside knowledge (staff). Not sure—I am slowly accepting the fact it might be September and not sure will wait that long. And I know that the wait times are crazy across the board but I am not buying a custom-made Maybach or 1 out of 10 Ferraris.

Will see how that goes but at this moment until March I think it's all guesswork

Advertisement