Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S23 series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭feargantae

Boards uses a service that will automatically convert links posted into affiliate links so they get a commission from clicks/sales. Sometimes it messes up and sends ye to the wrong place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Did it happen in the past where pre-order sales were low and Samsung provided more discounts/free Buds etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Piss poor in fairness.

I have an S22 Ultra 1Tb so it'll cost €730 with trade-in to 'downgrade' to the 512Gb model.

If I want to keep my current storage and select the 1Tb model I get ZERO offer except for the poxy 6 months of Disney+.

Won't be happening I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

That's not ideal at all.

Question though. Was there a real point or need to the 1Tb or was it just because it was the top model.

I definitely murder 128Gb in short order but get close to the 256gb in use. But I went with 512Gb as a compromise for safety so don't have to worry about it.

I'm similar to you but got the 1Tb last time because I got a decent trade-in on the Fold.

Previously I always had to add an SD card but that's not an option anymore.

Now that I have it the 512 would be a €730 downgrade. Doesn't make sense.

Maybe their logic is to attract new users rather than upgraders seeing as the spec is so similar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,893 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The main attraction for me if I move from my Note 20 Ultra (512GB Snapdragon variant) would be the S23U has the Snapdragon too and not the Exynos of the S21/22.

I can't justify it at that cost though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Have an S21 for the last 2 years so just preordered the S23 Ultra via Vodafone upgrade. €650 cost and a 24 month contract at €60 pm but I have an employee discount thats still applied even though Ive not worked in the place for 6 years so my bill is €50 pm. Have been having issues with the S21 crashing alot for no clear reason. Current phone is 256gb but VF are giving a "double storage" offer on preorders so the new one will be 512gb. Considering I currently have 50gb free on the existing phone the 512gb will be more than enough.

Any hidden deals going around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

My niece very kindly gave me a Unidays login (l need to figure it out now) but l saw on here you don't get the extra memory if you use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I was just checking the Samsung website and we can trade in any earphones, working or not for 175e. Just off the chat with Samsung and they confirmed it. So any old earphones will get us another 175 off.

That makes it 1138e for 512Gb Ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭jones

Just ordered the cream S23 Ultra 512Gb with trade in plus Groupon discount so happy with that. The S21 Ultra is great phone but I feel the jump to Snapdragon etc is worth the jump.

What cases are people getting? I had mous case on my S21 and it was great. Dbrand looks awesome but there seems to be a risk of import duty and it won't ship until end of Feb.

Looking for a case too. Ive never had a phone with a stylus so are there covers that accommodate access to it without having to remove the case altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭CptMonkey

Have Vodafone said how much the bill will increase in April yet? I’m on a similar plan but going to go sim only at this stage.

Just says in the My Vodafone app that it will increase by the annual consumer price index plus an additional 3%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's the Groupon discount ??

Could we trade in phone + earphones? Does it have to be Samsung earphone? Or any special type of ear phone like over the head earphone.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I have asked Samsung support via chat and they said any earphones, any brand. Do you mind trying yourself just to confirm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,085 ✭✭✭✭listermint

10 percent . Of the original retail price. Not trade in price so its a solid 145 or so off the 512gb.

I've preordered now with trade-in and groupon. Il now be deleting my account so I don't see when anyone gets better deals and cry 😁😁😁😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Plenty.

Although doesnt seem to be a great choice for the 23 Ultra just yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭Barr

3 plus are advertising enhanced trade-in of up to an additional €150 on the Ultra .

Its suposed to be available on PAYG so just swop the sim if your on another network . I assume they wouldn't be locked to 3

• Advertisement

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

How does that work? I can see 2% in the app?

I remembered I have an Tab S6 Lite that I'm not using and they'll give me 230 for. Price now at 1229 which is making me think, but if I could get another 13% off then....

Oh, and are these Dual Sim?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Joey Itchy Tack where are you getting 15% discount on Revolut? I can only see 2%

Kilsmum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

3% cashback was instantly applied to my Revolut account

Post edited by Pablo1802 on

How is this possible? Please let me know and I will pull the trigger

It does work..

Find the Samsung shop under Hub > Lifestyle > Shops in the Revolut app

Follow the link to the Samsung site and register (I already have a Samsung account but it didn't recognise it, but was able to register under the same email address)

Select the S23 you want. You'll already see a discount added

Add in a trade in. I selected an iPhone XS Max 64GB I have here

Enter the IMEI for verification

Additional Discount applied. You may need to refresh the page but it now shows as 1103.15 for me for a white 512GB version.

I'm sorely tempted now...!

Done... 1103.15 for the (Black in the end) 512GB Ultra 🙈

• Advertisement

There is no free upgrade to 512GB when you use the Revolut link. For S23 Ultra 512 GB and via Revolut link it ks costing €30 more. But you will get back 2% as cashback.

So this year you can't apply multiple discounts.

Direct Samsung link gives me €100 extra on my trade in. Screenshot below.

Advertisement