Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model Y

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

PPF, Padraic on Flawless Detailing in Dublin 11.

Or do you mean a coating, ceramic etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Matt406

How do you get the deposit back rob808?

I placed an order earlier this week, but if I'm not going to have the car by July (before the grant changes) I'll go with something else!

Are there several ships per year to Ireland or just 2/3 major ones? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

Just to note ladies and gentlemen, anyone that had an order for a model 3 back in 2022 and changed to a model y, you need to get an updated seai grant letter as the original was for a 100 deposit and the model y would be a 250 deposit when the rwd became available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

You call them 019038770 or email them sales_@telsa.com use your order number and cancel.They will tell you it non refundable.At this point email contactuk@tesla.com with the following email.

When I placed the order it clear states on the order page non- refundable for order cancellations,except when statutory cancellation rights apply.As this purchase agreement was entered into mean of distance communication with refund.This is also stated on page 5 of the order agreement entitled Region specific provision.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭usernameunknown

What’s the idea behind this. I’m prob gonna cancel if it’s pushed back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭rob808

It only way to get your deposit back but most people won't know this so telsa know this and keep there money.

Wait and see that what I'm doing order 21 Jan so your in a better position than me.

They will not tell you it’s non refundable. That would be illegal for a company to make such a claim. A simple email with your order number gets your deposit refund. It’s been documented on these forums many times over.

I cancelled an order last year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭E30M3

Not necessarily I emailed on that basis (2 orders LR and RWD) and tried to cancel the LR. Email was ignored for 3 weeks and I rang this week and the agent told me the order was non refundable. I persisted and got a text later that day saying the order was cancelled and my refund was being prtocessed so you may need to chase this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Only for the good folks on this thread , I’d have been unaware that refunds are allowed , I ordered a Y in December 2021 but then cancelled a month later, I didn’t email Tesla requesting a refund until three months ago, had a 100 euro payment within two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Normally I’d agree but the Tesla one is only about 4/5 pages.

It also states the deposit is refundable on the website when placing the deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

I took the UK reg Model Y for a test drive earlier this week.

At first impressions, it was bigger than I had imagined. The storage space was impressive with even more space under the boot carpet and of course in the funk. The quality of the bodywork and interior was very good, the seats were more comfortable than I was expecting.

On to the test drive it all felt very solid and smooth. I took a spin up the M50 to Killternan and a spin down to the garage before Enniskerry. I did notice that 0-30 felt slower as mentioned previously but past that it really flew. Coming from a 2019 i3s that has a much more linear acceleration it was noticeable but something I could get used to. It reminded me a bit of the turbo lag in my old N54 335i.

I tried the various steering settings and it felt poised and steered well overall, I did notice that through the windy roads through the scalp it just wanted to go dead straight and was less guided by the curves in the road. Maybe that's due to the stance and weight of an SUV-sized car rather than what I'm used to driving, E36, E92s.

Drove down the mess that is Glenamuck road where the suspension took a battering. Overall though it held up well, I did hit a shore/pothole that caused a metallic thunk but it was a particularly bad one because of the road works.

Lack of USS felt weird, I was reversing it in expecting the hear some sounds but of course, there were none. I'd manage but my partner who's a new driver, not so much :) Heading back for another test drive this weekend with the said partner 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

@KLF - "Maybe that's due to the stance and weight of an SUV-sized car rather than what I'm used to driving, E36, E92s."

I'd say so 😁 You're used to some ultimate driving machines of the past.

For the craic, you should go out and drive a Model 3 Performance. See how you feel that drives compared to your E92 335i twin turbo 6 cylinder petrol. It might be a revelation!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'm sure I'd be tempted but have grown to like the extra comfort and practicality as the years have gone on

Ah sure not to seriously consider buying it. Just for the craic and to compare it to your BMWs

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭TMY

That'd be them big bones again 😁

A feature of getting older

Too true :D

Oh and regard to the colour options of the Y. I actually really like the white multi-coat with the black induction wheels however all my cars have been black and I like the sleeper look. Does anyone have concerns about the white being a bit too eye-catching and attracting the wrong sort of attention?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Wife has a white car, manky 6 months of the year, wasted an hour cleaning it Sunday, was filthy again by Tuesday, my MSM takes the dirt much better

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Thanks, I'd usually default to Black which can also be a pain to keep clean but surprisingly there were no black model Ys up at Tesla Sandyford. I saw a Midnight Blue one in the car park.

Not really a surprise as up to a few weeks ago, solid black cost as much extra as blue or grey metallic. So nobody went for it.

Now of course, black is back to being a free colour, so it will be a lot more popular. Like the free white coloured cars are. When this happened, I ordered another one in black, planning to cancel my blue order. I'd rather the €1200 stay in my pocket than hand it over to Elon. He has enough in the bank as it is 😂 And I couldn't live with white. No offence anyone, it's probably my age, but I feel white is for vans. The ultimate expression of a Paddy spec car 😁

Cheers, I did some research and the MiC paint quality seems much better and there isn't a noticeable difference in thickness between the multi-paint colours and the single paint colours.

It's very good now. But not as good and nice as the MIB cars. Particularly the quicksilver is spectacular. Mate (on the continent) ordered his that colour, he should have it any day now, can't wait to see it. €3000 optional extra though, that's mad.

The bastard just picked up his car

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭max4ever

Now my RWD model Y order is showing Apr-May on my account and it gives me more time to question the white paint option again!

I like the black paint but it is so difficult to maintain specially in this weather, red looks very good but not sure if it is worth the extra 2300 .. any thoughts or experience on the red paint?!

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

Also, on my account I need to submit insurance proof but not really sure about this one?! Should I provide the insurance details for my current car which I plan to move to the new car once it is delivered?

Buying a Tesla? -> Get €500 off your Tesla Model 3 or Model Y using my referral link -> https://www.tesla.com/referral/mohamed23185 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

when did you place your order or last edit it ?

I ordered it couple of days ago and it was showing Feb-March delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Quick one on charging. Will charge in work 95% of the time and have a 16AMP one at home to tie me over. Also have an ESB Ecars top up card that I've never used. I'm thinking this should be more than enough or is there anything else I need to consider for emergencies ?

Advertisement