Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I have already bought mine but if Tesla disrupt the market and push prices down to where a functioning, competitive market should be, I am all for it. At the end of the day its cost to change thats important for me and everyone else next time. I wonder will the others follow suit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've booked a test drive of the Model 3 for Wednesday to see how it feels. It does look like a much bigger car which I wasn't interested in.

I'll have to compare the total cost of the two before making a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭eagerv

I went from an ID.3 to a Model 3. The Tesla doesn't feel much bigger, though the dimensions would show otherwise. It is a good bit wider alright, I do miss the agility of the ID.3 in the likes of multi storey car parks. Parking was also easier in the ID.

When comparing look at other things apart from cost. The cold weather efficiency is better as is the tech in the Tesla. Just did a 45km rural run at 3C, trip said 13.1kWh/100km. Ok the ID.3 is supposed to have improved after update 3.0, the battery heating in these temperatures was not great for range.

Like the two cars, it's personal preferences really..

I came out to do a test drive in the Model 3 this afternoon. The Tesla sales guy told me they had 180 plus orders alone on Saturday. So any deliveries now will be September '23 even though the website still says March.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I just rang the call center, and they say it's "highly likely they'll be able to deliver a Model 3 this quarter"

• Advertisement

I guess you can always take a chance. The people in the Tesla center in Sandyford were telling me and another set of customers before me that it would be September. That it isn't strictly production capacity but more delivery capacity to Ireland

So anyone else collecting a Born in the next week or so? I'll be picking mine up next week. I was at the dealer yesterday and there was about 5 other Borns there waiting for collection.

I'm not entirely happy with the trade-in offer but I'm probably being unrealistic on what I expected. €8.5k for a 2016 Captur.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

Anybody have this problem?

Screen is frozen in this mode. Can't change heat settings. Can change radio stations on steering wheel. Dial from my phone and call screen appears but reverts to this when call ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,106 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dubsphan

That worked perfectly.

The guy in cupra wanted me to drop the car in. You'd think he'd have known to suggest your solution

• Advertisement

So still waiting to collect my car. I've come to realise that car salesmen might be the worst bunch of clowns I've ever dealt with. I'm here waiting to splash out a large sum on a car and you think I can get them on the phone to give me a day/time to collect? Can I f***. You'd think they'd want my money.

I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

My sales(woman) for the cupra was fantastic in fairness to her. Granted it was September and possibly not a huge amount of orders to deliver but she was good at keeping in touch and returning calls and emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Dutch Roll

Although not exactly the same, I get a similar issue probably once a week. Frozen screen, climate controls unresponsive (couldn't turn off the heating steering wheel or seats a couple of times) etc. Sometimes it's because I hadn't signed in as a user and so there are limited functions available. Other times who knows. The app is continually giving issues, although I generally get it to work after a few restarts.

Oh, and have I mentioned the colour?

Otherwise, I love it. Went on a big 450km round trip recently. Charged twice en route, piece of cake. ABRP is great.

I collected my Born yesterday, finally.

What mode do you prefer to drive in, "D" or "B"? Do you find that "B" gives you much range back?

Post edited by Josey Wales on

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

I've got a 58kwh Aurora Blue model on the docks in Germany that I'm not going to take delivery of. Does anyone on Boards want to skip the queue and take it?

I now have sat nav directions on my small instrument cluster...just arrow and distances etc.. was this always there or have I received some sort of update?

It's available swiping the view button on steering wheel. Only noticed it 1st time this week, could swear it wasn't there before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Citizen  Six

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

It was always there, at least on ID.3. AA also displayed on the instrument cluster but with a bit less info than the inbuilt satnav.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Pretty sure the navigation on the driver display is V3.1? I think trip information was introduced for V3.0 along with battery percentage, time and temperature.

I wonder if AA navigation arrows are shown on the HUD, the arrows are the only reason to spec it but I'd never use built in sat nav.

To clarify, its google maps (through android auto) details that are appearing on my small drivers display, I don't use the inbuilt sat nav myself.

I dont have the HUD on my car either so cant comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

ID. 3 had the AA on binnacle screen from 2.1 (after the 1st dealer update, as IDs didn't have AA at the delivery), I have it for 2 years. I'm pretty sure Born had it from day 1 as it came with more recent software version.

Post edited by Rusky rusky on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Ah, I thought it was 3.1 as I didn't see anyone mention it on the Born. Guess it's just trip information for 3.1.

Sometimes on the small display I see trip information, like kw per 100km, and distance. But sometimes it just shows an error like "Route Guidance unavailable" or something.

Use the view button to swipe between them. Electricity consumption would be the one I'd leave it at mostly

The #1 thing driving me mad with the Born is that Apple Music doesn't work properly on Apple Carplay. The songs constantly buffer. Every time a new song comes on there is 30-60 seconds of buffering ornit simply won't play.

Zero issues using Apple Music on any other device.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Izzy77

I definitely hadn't noticed this before either for Google Maps. I didn't think it would crossover. Well spotted.

Getting great range in the milder temperatures and the fact my commute isn't stop start with schools being off. I only bought it towards end of September so haven't had a prolonged period of mild weather.

14kwh/100kms since charging last and have done 200kms from 80% battery down to 31% now giving approx 400kms theoretical range from a full battery cycle.

Have 8000kms on it in now in almost months long term average 18kwh/100kms. Should start to come down. I've no range anxiety or anything though, all happy motoring.

I opened the In Car Store app yesterday for the first time. The only thing in there was an item called Cupra Connect Plus for €0.00.

Anyone know what this is or does?

CUPRA CONNECT services are part of the standard equipment of your CUPRA Born.

If your CUPRA Born is equipped with a Media System, then you have access to the CUPRA CONNECT for Media System package, which includes Safety & Service (Release 4.2.0 & Release 4.3.x), Remote Access (Release 4.2.0 & Release 4.3.x) and Infotainment apps (Release 4.3.x

If your CUPRA Born is equipped with a NaviSystem, then you have access to the CUPRA CONNECT PLUS for Navi System package, which includes Safety & Service (Release 4.2.0 & Release 4.3.x), Remote Access (Release 4.2.0 & Release 4.3.x), Online Infotainment (Release 4.2.0 & Release 4.3.x) and Infotainment apps (Release 4.3.x

.).x).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 PhillyConlan

Is anyone else having delays with delivery?

My car was due mid-Jan, apparently it was waiting at the docks in Germany on 6th Jan to get on a boat and it still hasn't arrived at the dealer.

Every week when I ring I just get fobbed off saying it's on the way in the next week or two!

Advertisement