Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sonder89

Thanks! 😊 Yeah I had been keeping an eye on ships coming from Southampton and Rotterdam too. I read on another forum that EUKOR ship via Rotterdam for Ireland... I just wish I knew which one it was on. I feel like an anorak checking these daily!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Has anyone charged using a Tesla destination charger?

I have one at work but I think I'm using it wrong. I need to start the charge through the Bluelink app otherwise if I just plug in the car it won't charge and the all the pixels just light up on the indicator.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I had problems with a Tesla charger in a Dublin hotel car park. I plugged it in, looked in vain for a UI, waited patiently but nothing happened other than all the charging pixels blinking at me.

I eventually gave up and went away but left it plugged in. When I got back some hours later it was fully charged. I have no idea what prompted it to start working. It never occurred to me to look in the Bluelink app, because I've never had to use the app to initiate charging before.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

With all the messing around with my Ioniq5, I'm tempted to order a Model 3 instead - I might ping you a PM for some thoughts!

For anyone else with orders being pushed to May and beyond, if you aren't fussy on colour/spec you might get offered something in the next few days. Yesterday my dealer offered me an alternative colour/spec to my delayed order. It was a cancelled order from another dealer. Wrong battery size for me though. Bit of hearsay, but he reckons there will be a few cars come available over the next two weeks due to cancellations etc so it might be worth a call to make him aware that you'll take any colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

My latest update is that my car is on one of two ships that are due in the next 10 days or so. So looks like I will be tieing in with that mid Feb date. Still very vague info in terms of the route it's taking but they are being a bit more specific as to the fact it is actually on a ship which is the main thing 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

On a ship, going somewhere, maybe here, maybe soon 😉

I was hoping they would just all arrive in a big obvious shipment that even the dog on the street knew about. But €50k doesn’t buy you delivery tracking these days

• Registered Users Posts: 42 tod21

I was told in the beginning of Jan that the car will arrive around 10th-13th of Feb. Last week dealer confirmed it is coming on a ship to Cork on 13th and then another 10 days by the time they get it to the dealership and do all documents.

It looks very possible the cars are on the Morning Chorus ship and not Morning Pride as the Pride is heading to Egypt.

Also after the price drop Tesla did i was tempted and did a test drive of Model Y. Not bad, but i prefer the Ioniq 5. Also was told that if i place an order i will get it Sep at earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Two people posted on FB who just collected their Platinums today. Some others here are waiting for a mid-February shipment and I'm being told mid-March.

It appears to me that a small batch of I5s arrive into Ireland every month on various routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭podge1979

It was the same last year nearly all deliveries were Jan, Feb and march.

If memory serves me correct ships in Dec, Jan and Feb.

Looking at the stats they've delivered 150 cars more this year compared to last year.

Ah, so based on this, my mid-March car should be on this next mid-Feb ship. I just wonder how come my dealer doesn't know about any of this. (car has a VIN and was manufactured in Nov - found out via Global Service Way)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Verdict after 1 month of ownership

Easy to drive, comfortable, loads of space. All round nice car.

Dislikes:

Interior rattles. Still trying to diagnose all of these. The passenger seat vibrates when unoccupied. This causes the seat belt receptacle (female part) to go a bit crazy and bang into everything!

Lane Keep Assist (LKA/LFA) This is too aggressive I think especially on country roads. The car tries to correct itself going around bends. Tend to switch this off at the start of every journey which defeats the purpose of the safety feature

Car thinks rear middle seat is occupied if people are sitting in the rear door seats. Chimes continuously. Have to keep middle seat belt plugged in which doesn’t suit as have 3 kids.

Head light auto-dimming can be slow to auto-dim. I get flashed at a lot.

Bluelink app send push notifications about 30 times a day that car is unlocked. Can’t find anyway to ignore this particular alarm or set how often it sends notifications. Suppose I could disable all notifications or actually lock the car.

But overall, love the car!

The passenger seat rattling doesn't sound right, mine never has. There's a known problem with the rear seat belts if the buckle ends up facing the wrong way when retracted.

Turning off lane keep assistant is part of my journey starting routine. I think it's just not optimised for Irish road markings (or lack thereof) - I rented a Kia in Denmark a couple of months back and it never had any problem figuring out where it was on the road, whether urban, narrow rural or motorway.

I've found the headlights pretty good, if not always as fast to respond as I would like. I also get flashed even when driving on dipped lights. Some people just hate LED headlights.

As for the "car is unlocked" notifications, I just lock the car.

I've had a few cars with lane keep assist and they all have not idea what to do on the Irish country roads. Don't think any of them are optimized for such conditions.

Get the local council to widen the road and put on some road markings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dsandson

The seat belt thing is annoying for such an expensive car. I have to go adjust them after having passengers in the back, every time! I think the design is because the seats can tilt, therefore the usual design doesnt work. Never had an issue with the centre one causing a chime with 2 rear passengers. Thats definitely not normal.

Lane keep assist is outright dangerous! Yeah its one of those things I do automatically, to turn it off just after putting it into i-Pedal. I've never had an issue with the lights though. Maybe I'm just paying enough attention after having this feature in a few cars.

The app nearly always tells me the car isnt locked after I close the boot, if I lock it too soon. And I mean within 30 seconds or so. Even though I can see the mirrors have retracted so the car is certainly locked. I just relock it on the app.

All that said its an amazing car, best I've ever owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

Most of the things you mentioned can be fixed easily.

Many of the chimes can be turned off in the infotainment system as can the rear seat occupancy alert.

I think the LKA assist can be adjusted also .

All these are in the car settings somewhere.

You can turn off Blue link notifications in the blue link app.

For the automatic lights clean the windscreen around the rearview mirror once a week with glass cleaner, dirt and grime will really mess with the auto lights and wipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am not very familiar with our Ioniq 5, but can't you turn off the lane keep from the steering wheel?

But agree, would drive you mad on rural roads where it is often impossible not to cross lines. Why can't they do it like Tesla where it only works if you are not actively steering, ie doze off..😯

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Re chimes:

You can turn off the 'rear seat occupant' reminder in settings, I found that one quite annoying.

Also if you put your seatbelt on before starting the car then you don't get a frantic burst of excessive chimes.

I was in to the dealer about the rear middle seat sensor showing red on the cluster. They have told me there is no sensor in the middle seat, only on the two outside seats and this is just how Hyundai are presenting this on screen (strange choice). This doesn't cause a chime for me though, maybe it;s your own belt causing that chime?

I've had some intermittent issues with the passenger seatbelt warning. The passenger got out, and when I drove off I got an alert that their seatbelt wasn't fastened. It stopped after a while, then started again, the stopped again, and so on until I picked the passenger up again. It hasn't happened in a while, though.

Dealers haven't a clue, I was telling my dealer the ships coming in, and when the ships docked in cork. As long as you have a Vin you should be in good shape. Last year also there was delays getting the cars to the dealers they sat in cork for a while. Hard to get 600 odd cars around the country from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sonder89

Anyone else (who was waiting on the Feb 13th delivery) get a call to say their car is in Cork?😁

• Advertisement

Nope, i'll make sure to call them in the morning and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Seurat

No and I wouldn't be expecting one. Would certainly be a nice surprise though. I was initially told the middle of March when I placed the deposit so if it ends up being that I would be quite satisfied. And overjoyed with sooner!

Finally a living soul with a mid-March date! I was convinced I was just an error in the system up until now 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5 paddyk81

Got the call today, car is in Cork! The next few days will drag in!!

Depending where you live could be a couple of weeks yet. They'll have to transport a few hundred, transporters take I think about 8 at a time. Also would not just be ioniq 5 dropped there would be other Hyundai's and Kia's too both ICE and EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Does that ship stop off and pick up vehicles from the Czech Republic plant or do you mean a mix of other cars made also in Korea?

I ask as not many talking in here about Tucson's so can't really gauge what ships they use. I'm Mid April EDD for a PHEV.

Can be a mix here's a report from the first time they used cork last year. Deliveries have been to there since.

Post edited by podge1979 on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I was told March but when I called a few weeks ago it's now mid May, 12 months since original delivery date. If they delay again I'm going V8 or something else that gobbles dino juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Did you get a VIN yet? My order of an Executive is for March also but I don't have a VIN so I'm not too confident.

Advertisement