Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Welcome to the team bro 😎 *bro hugs*

Sitting room side watching Jurassic park dominion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Is work some kind of mission to a last request? I love my work. I really do. It's the people involved that I dislike. Anyway some nice dinner was had. A banging cottage pie with veg and extra gravy. This house is all in the leaba. Some of us have had chocolate and bainne. I'm heading for a carry on movie. A swift drift and laughter under the duvet. Tomorrow is tomorrow. Work will be work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Dratted gas cylinder ran out as I was about to make a bacon sandwich.. And I am not going out there in the dark wet cold to change it.

Were I to trip it would be too embarrassing to have to call for help....

My kind neighbour will be around in the morning. Microwaved bacon just is not the same ... lacks a certain je ne sais quoi.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bank holiday weekend 🙌🙌🎉🎉 BJ appointment booked 🙌🙌🎉🎉

Congrats JK with your new mod 🔨🔨⛏️⛏️

Hope you’re feeling better Grace 💊

• Advertisement

• Trying to fall asleep but have a cold that’s been murder on the sinuses. 😭 breathing is so much of a chore I think it might actually be a violation of my human rights at this rate.

Off work with it though so have a minute to bask in the newfound modship which I was very excited to be offered. Look forward to hopefully not wrecking yer heads too much 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

And I wouldn’t have it any other way, Mam of 4! 😁👍👍💕

NOW he tells me! lol... It was my first real food since hospital too... ah well.. As they say, worse things happen at sea.. says she surrounded by the ocean.... Changing the gas bottle is my least favourite chore.. POOOOOOOOOR Graces7!!!!lol

• Ah but Graces to be fair you are better off having subpar bacon than risking going out and doing it if it’s not safe! Just have the real deal tomorrow it’ll taste better I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Welcome new mods. :)

We seem to be having sporadic, freak double post glitching this eve. :/

^ the 2 statements being unrelated ;)

• Advertisement

Autosport...Thanks and to all of you. Not sure what this episode is about and they tell you nothing in hospital ... Still very shaky but it will ease, CFS/ME is not for cissies and I am talking with the experts on the Phoenix Rising forum online

And I have every huge admiration for our coastguards. It has been my first real encounter. Their facebook page has a report. And thinking back to R116 that crashed

2017 Irish Coast Guard Rescue 116 crash - Wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Part of me is envious, and part of me is horrified (at the extremely wealthy of this world).

Great song :D

Our last assembly at school, before we all went off on our young adult way, the headmistress played us Time by Pink Floyd and instructed us to listen carefully to the lyrics:

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

Fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way

Kicking around on a piece of ground in your hometown

Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain

You are young and life is long, and there is time to kill today

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you

No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking

Racing around to come up behind you again

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time

Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

The time is gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

Home, home again

I like to be here when I can

And when I come home cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire

Far away across the field

The tolling of the iron bell

Calls the faithful to their knees

To hear the softly spoken magic spells

I think my neighbour may call later so HE can kindly change the gas and I will microwave bangers for breakfast..

Oh I changed it and realised the old cylinder is still full; new one won;t connect so it is the connector that has died.

I will call my neighbour later. He goes over to shop today so excellent timing

I thought it was odd as there had been no warning. Usually it fades slowly

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

1 minute to work.

Cat has a limp. Can't see anything wrong. Last year the same + injection etc in vet sorted it out for a load of cash.

I'm kinda hoping it'll go away. But !

He's asleep now anyway.

Grab tea then work !

Most of the team out today ... so I can focus on actual work without them annoying me..🤣🤣🤣

Will he let you feel it? May be a thorn and dipping it in warm salt water will help

Happy day. I have just chatted to the Electric Ireland meter reader and there will be NOTHING TO PAY this time... I am very very careful and delighted....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It’s the weekend, so got to visit my weekly car show.

Now the boss asked me to do some work. Nothing more fun than an empty machine and a clear blue sky so play around in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Lovely dark desert sky

smurfjed; my longing for fresh scenes has been aroused now! Fly me away!

Tried both. Doesn't seem to be anything obvious and he's not complaining when I examine his foot. Maybe a sprain or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Does he jump down from high places? This can cause them issues as they get older. If he's eating, drinking, grooming and generally appears content no harm in observing things for a few days to see if things resolve themselves. Any change in the above then get him to a vets.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A new cafe/shop opened and by god the dinners are amazing, If you’ve ever heard of Dinnersready.ie I can recommend them 👍🙌🙌 Having beef stew today 🤤🤤

Fixed, courtesya of my neighbour the ferryman. we have no idea why the first bottle died as as i saw it was half full. Oh then I compounded the issue with the new tank as I thought GREEN ARROW meant GO GAS ON, But THAT IS RED ARROW.... anyhoo fully operational and nor far off my sleeptime. Still convalescent .. Been a busy old day here; talked to TWO people! lol.. HAPPY FRIDAY ALL..

I read that as "longing for fresh scones ..."

Dammit, now I'm hungry!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lying in bed, will I have tea or shower first? Such dilemmas 😂

Advertisement