Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• I’d love to visit Algiers if it weren’t tourist-unfriendly. Stunning city, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,079 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

'As long as der not beside me', eh caller ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭archfi

Joe seems to be fairly even handed with this (ie, not raging and barracking and actually bringing up counter points to the virtue signalling)

He did this with the women's rights debate last year till he was put back in the box by RTE and a few unrepresentative untouchable NGOs.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Joe is rather skeptical of the economic refugees. refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

ticking time bomb, anyone with any legitimate concerns will just be branded a "Trumpian racist" etc ... meanwhile the issues will just get worse and worse and the next gen will have some mess on their hands.

• Advertisement

• ”They’re bringing in diseases”

• Registered Users Posts: 39,304 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

TB or not TB, dat is da question.

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Taking up those jobs would mean giving up the welfare, caller.

Lot of 'IFs' dere caller

• Registered Users Posts: 82,238 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Most I've seen would only be skilled at pulling the wire off themself.

• Advertisement

It's all ifs

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

Rings a bell, that.

I recall that was an accusation levelled at various immigrant / refugee groups over the years in other places.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

He's right TBH.......I saw dat Citywest video were all de doctors were taking on de engineers in a melee

Think de argument was about which group was gonna be more beneficial to de Oirish peeple

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

• “If they’re willing to work in care homes & collect our rubbish, then great”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭leath_dub

People are crying out for people to come over and fill their vacancies so they can pay them sh1t wages

M

I doubt we are better health-wise than Albania, lol.

"We are crying out for hotel porters"

Yes, he actually said that

M

Risked their lives crossing 20 countries and then flying in to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,169 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe, Did you ever hear of the Dublin convention?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement

Actually, the callers are 100% skewed towards open borderism. That isn't at all representative of the country

That's quite unusual...to say the least so though Joe is putting counterpoints to the callers' virtuosity it's a bit of a whitewash (can I say whitewash today?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He only wants people to come here doing those jobs for **** wages.

• Burp burp burp

• Registered Users Posts: 20,399 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i'd imagine the country would be skewed by well over 50% against refugees at this stage. Are 50% + of the population now right wing racists ?

Joe admits Liveline is NOT a caller driven show: " We have had zero calls about this topic ( that we're just about to discuss)"

Joe lines up the ball and whangs it off two cushions, nips it into the corner pocket of 3pm, then trousers another 2K.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Joe said they got no calls regarding the Nursing home fiasco.

About 15 years ago or so the gubbermint payed out compensation to Medical card holders who had their pension or sw payment 'taken from them' (was the term used by the families at the time) while staying in a hse nursing home.

Is this an extension of that scandal or something new. Wonder why it didn't come to light at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

It's funny when you actually talk to people the majority are not happy with this situation but people in power will call the people who shout about it racist bigots. Sadly most of those shouting the loudest are actually racist bigots..

It's like the intelligent people with something to lose are afraid to stand up for fear of being cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Are you worried that they're going to take your job, AD?

Advertisement