Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Oo just about Kerry. Will now have to follow every twist in the Tory leadership race for the next 6 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

A sickener on the handicap there it looked on for the whole game and just nipped at the end should have done a small few quid on the handicap draw just to cover it ah well such is life.

Fancy Whitegate at 9-4 to beat Newmarket on Fergus in tomorrow's Clare senior hurling championship match in Tulla. Terence Fahy is an outstanding manager and led St Josephs Tulla to Harty Cup glory early in the year, beating the eventual All Ireland champions Ard Scoil Ris and is the current Clare U20 hurling manager, having recently been given a new two year term by the county board.

Think that NOF rely too much on their physical power to get them over the line in games. They faded very badly v Sixmilebridge last weekend. Whitegate for me to cause a minor upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,738 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Finally came through: the Kingdom and the United Kingdom PM, an unstoppable combo😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Knockmore @ 8/11 looks like v good value IMO, Ballina will raise their game for the local derby but they don't appear to be going great

Ballintubber also seem overpriced at 7/4 against an up and coming Westport, I'd have that game as dead even

• Advertisement

Both of these crashed and burned in a big way at the weekend, sickened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

@MacDanger you seem to have the ear to the ground in Mayo, I’ve gotten Ballina and Westport as rock solid for the accas in Mayo this weekend?

got Boyle and St.Brigids in Roscommon as well if you’re anywhere near the border?

does anyone have any insight into Galway hurling? Been given Kilmadeema and Castlegar if anyone can shed any light

Thanks

Yeah, I'd be surprised if both Ballina & Westport don't win with a bit to spare

Edit: wouldn't have a clue about the roscommon games

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭pablo24

Thanks @MacDanger, I see the Mayo intermediate is priced with Boyles now, anything of major interest there?

Nothing jumping out tbh. If there was one match where the price looks like value, it's Balla @2/7 to beat The Neale with PP, The Neale are in bad form and without Tommy Conroy, they'll struggle to stay up

Edit: If there was a gun to my head to make a pick in Intermediate, I'd go with Ballinrobe to beat Kilmeena

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Trim are evens on PP to beat Ratoath in the Meath Senior Hurling final on Sunday (5/6 to lift the trophy).

Ratoath only won one game in the group stages, just about qualifying for the quarter finals. They easily won that quarter final and had a good win against Kiltale who were missing a few players. Trim weren't convincing against Kildalkey in their semi final but had a four week break between games as they went straight into the semi final.

Think Trim are a great price as their footballers were knocked out whole Ratoath's dual players have been playing week in week out. Trim have, more or less, had the better of things against Ratoath in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

marital arts expert

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Trim came through by three with Ratoath's consolation goal coming deep into injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

never in doubt so 🤣😊🤣

marital arts expert

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭ciaran1988

This forum still going? League action returning this weekend

I'll probably look at

Armagh, Tyrone, Clare and maybe Westmeath

I think kildare are a bit overpriced @ 5/1

Have a couple of small handicap bets this week:

Kildare -2

Dublin -9

Leitrim -3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What reason would there be in Division 3A Mayo vs Roscommon hurling for Roscommon who were 2/1 earlier today now being 4/9?

One big bet make it flip that much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 999 ✭✭✭mjp

One of gaa tipsters on twitter @premiumgaathat tipped them up at evens earlier today. He has 60 odd paying subscribers so im sure they moved that.

I see they are missing tooreen players and have 8 debutants so would explain the move in price

Ah ya it’s just without the Tooreen lads Mayo are garbage. Makes sense so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Mayo level it with the final puck of the game. A draw, bookies benefit.

Haha some result for the sneaky bookies! Big flip in odds and it staying a draw is hilarious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is there a strong reason for Leitrim? Dublin surely will hammer Limerick. Cork defo underdogs for the Kildare game, handicap probably about right.

No particularly strong reason, they started well last week beating Waterford well and I'd say they'll be close enough to promotion

Disastrous weekend of punting, very surprised to see Cork hammer kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭jack747

Haven’t been able to get a gaa accum up so far this season, always 1 letting me down. Anyone have any fancy’s for the weekend ? I’m thinking Monaghan and Down.

The Rossie bubble will surely burst soon and it’s a must win game for Down after losing against Fermanagh. Home advantage could sway it for Down against Westmeath.

Jaysus, I was thinking of backing Westmeath in that one!! Down were 5 down the previous weeek against Antrim at ~67 mins and pulled it out of the bag; nearly did the same against Fermanagh last week but the late goal won it for Fermanagh. I know it's hard to draw form lines in the league but Westmeath beat Offaly last week and Offaly have beaten both Fermanagh & Antrim by tight margins.

I think Kerry -3 & Galway -2 are worth a bet; Kerry are at home after getting a right pasting in Castlebar and will want a win. less confident in the 2nd bet but Donegal seem to be in big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭jack747

I see Kildare hurlers are at home to Kerry and are outsiders at 11/8.

Anyone know anything about either of the teams? Thought Kildare hurlers would be decent with Naas impressive in Leinster club last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Bitconfused

I'm just going through the caps for the weekend and see that mayo are only a 1 point favorite against donegal with boyles.

I might be missing something but I would have had this around 3 or 4. What I've seen from donegal this year has been mediocre and mayo have been excellent so far.

Am I missing something here or would anyone else agree with the 1 point margin?

• Advertisement

One point looks decent tbf, I'd have expected 3-4 like yourself (we were 2 point favourites against Roscommon). I presume the reason it's so low is that 1) Donegal have an excellent record in Ballybofey, 2) Mayo haven't a massive amount to play for vs Donegal fighting for survival in D1 and 3) Mayo have seen big leads eaten into late on against Armagh & Roscommon, if we're doing well and start making subs towards the end of the game, you wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.

That said, I'll probably take the -1 on offer

Advertisement