Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Song Contest 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭squarecircles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Tonight's the night; time to find out who'll be finishing 13th in semi final 1 for Ireland 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I just hope its better than last year's .

• Registered Users Posts: 30,750 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Any radio coverage of Eurosong? Dont see anything in RTE schedules. Maybe I imagined they used to cover it.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

This is going to be a long night. First act, Leila Jane didn’t impress me - I like the song, not great but ok but the presentation wasn’t good.

• Advertisement

2nd is Adgy, weak singer, presentation better but a no from me - more modern song though

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This chap can't sing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

Is Dustin still around?

Poor John Lyndon his voice is gone - this is embarrassing - we must have better than these in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭IngridM20

Jesus, woeful sorry about the background - crap

• Advertisement

I hope they are saving the best for last or we are fecked and should stay at home

They are in the green room and the only people missing is Public Enemy - I think they’ve read the room

Connolly, best so far - she can sing and presentation good and got a good audience response - I think it was relief actually that we had a half decent act

Ok, so We are one is very very Eurovision - lead singer has great stage presence and can sing which the first 3 couldn’t and its a band, I think it would be popular - backing singers not so good and needs aa better finish but they could win.

So rap not my thing (different generation) but energetic, could sing, looked good and modern. Could be popular. I think Wild Child have it or maybe Connolly or the last act, which I’m sorry I cant pronounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

Together? John Lyndon cant sing anymore and the song didn’t make sense. All the so called studio judges could say how sad it is his wife is ill - cos they didn’t want to say it was so bad. Wild Child very Eurovision but actually I’ve revised my opinion and would like to see the rap act as well. They are young and excited, its infectious and might be popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dingaan

It's got to be Wild Youth, Song 5.

The single lot of worst potential songs we've ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kegg

No, I'm saying public enemy and wild child aren't their names. Or John lyndon.

• Advertisement

Niamh Kavanagh had the best voice out of all of them - she should do it

I’m sorry, I got it wrong. Public Image Limited and Wild Youth. Shure you knew who I meant

Based on tonight's performances I actually think Wild Youth were the best choice, in spite of how bland the song is.

I never liked Connolly as much as others did, and I think the live version was actually a disimprovement on the Spotify demo. A meandering kind of song that went nowhere.

My big surprise tonight was that Adgy was nowhere near contention. I mean he finished below Hawaii 😲

As for how Wild Youth will do, who knows. Maybe if they've got a memorable live performance in store then they could surprise, but difficult to be very positive about it. Best case scenario is scraping through the SF and finishing bottom right hand side, worst case scenario is bottom three of SF1. Right now I'm thinking it's a NQ, particularly given the probable strength of their SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think twice is enough....her voice has gone...last time she finished 23rd...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,134 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Shame about Connolly :( but kinda knew the wild Youth fan base meant they had a really good chance.

ADGY was brutal...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

TG4 should pick Ireland’s entries to the senior competition. This is a great song, sung in Irish, great singer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is it RTE that decide the finalists?

Don't expect anything new or innovative so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,750 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Do they ever reveal how many public votes there were i.e. how many people texted in votes?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,388 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I doubt it. The Late Late viewership is pretty old and I doubt they have great connection with modern music. The idea that they use an old audience to choose a song for a completely different kind of contemporary competition, means they don't actually ant to win it. They just need the craic of choosing the act without serious risk of winning.

It wouldn't suit to release the viewer votes. It would probably be embarrassing.

• Advertisement

Some new songs to add to the mix tonight

Slovenia

Can't see this doing too much. The music video is a lot more fun than the song is.

Norway

First quality song of the national final season so far. Think this will be top ten overall in May. Would've preferred Ukrikke to have won though.

Also, compare and contrast the quality in production between the Norwegian broadcaster and Rté.. 😬

Spain to come later tonight!

Advertisement