Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Liam2021

1st of November hikes in tesco milk has gone up from €1.05 to €1.15 for a litre.

Sure other shops will follow soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,324 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seven Up Light, 2 litre €1.25.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭crayon80

Halloween stock reduced 75% off. Buckets, masks, facepaint, fake blood etc. I counted nearly 30 different products starting at 37c.

Also 9 inch fans for €3.75.

Quality Street tubs are €2.50 clubcard price. All the other tubs are €3.99 still.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

BBQ charcoal briquettes 1.5€ for 4 kg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,763 ✭✭✭✭zell12

All for €25.41 says the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Kat1170

3kg ???? That's a small turkey, and a small baby 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 29,379 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Small turkey... I guess that's why you pair it with the ham.

@zell12 did it say when the turkeys would be in store from?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Good price on some of their seasonal biscuits - Oreo tin is €3 - https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/en-IE/products/3068038902

Monday. Also that 3kg turkey and 1.4kg ham serves five people

Roosters are cheaper, and Pudding same price in Aldi

• Advertisement

btw if anyone sees a cheaper turkey than €3.33/kg, let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭sully123

Anyone get any vouchers in the post this year? 10 off when you spend 50 sort of thing?

I got them, but I had only been shopping occasionally at Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Coca Cola Coke Zero 24X330ml

offers on other coke too

E10, normally E15.95

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Hy Gieni

Tesco have Nescafe Alta Rica coffee 190g reduced from €10.50 to €4 with Clubcard

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/en-IE/products/307206126

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭pigtail33

5 for €5 Clubcard deal is on for the Bank Holiday weekend. The usual Tayto/Cadbury/Nestle/Club items.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Great news, it's my one Tesco shop of the month this weekend 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,315 ✭✭✭CH3OH

There are also 24 cans of 7 up, 7 up free

Pepsi max and Club zero orange

For a Clubcard price of 8 euro until Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,104 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Needed to top up my multivitamins tonight and 60 Tesco A-Z with iron was €2 and 90 was €6.50 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

My Tesco home delivery order arrived yesterday and of the 10 items I bought on the current "5 for €5 offer" 1 item was unavailable(Club Rock Shandy 2L) so I figured they'd just charge €9 for the 9 items that actually came like they've previously done when something is out of stock on multibuys. But I was shocked to see they decided to charge me full price for 4 of the items on the offer and when I messaged Tesco customer service they bizarrely refused to give me a refund referring to their new "Terms of Service" like I'd have anyway of knowing which item will or won't get delivered when all 10 items were in stock when I finalised my order the night before.

This seems like is very strange way of doing business as I can no longer trust their offers and it feels like Tesco has legit stolen over €6 from me when they're at fault for failing to deliver the agreed upon goods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I would not use the word "stolen"

But I'd press them and state that you purchased the goods based on the offer and at no point in the process were you informed that one of the items was unavailable thus meaning the offer did not apply due to Tesco's error by not having the stock updated.

As you purchased online you have a right to return the goods, so go that route if they refuse the refund.

And somehow I doubt such unfair terms are in their terms and conditions. And if it was it would be considered an unfair condition.

Usually I would never suggest taking this further, but if they don't agree to a refund, then an email to Conor pope in the Irish times is warranted as many people may not notice such a error

• Registered Users Posts: 46,028 ✭✭✭✭muffler

That would really annoy me to the point that I wouldn't let it go. If it happened to me I would read those terms and conditions or contact them again and ask for the relevant part to be sent to you. Most likely they are in the wrong but even if they weren't I'd still make a complaint to the CCPC.

Either way that's just piss poor customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

try private message on their facebook page . I always get positive reponse there and easier to contact customer service there

If you had 'allow substitutions' ticked then I think that would strengthen your case. There must have been something comparable from the deal they could have subbed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭amber2

Was in my local Tesco today and they have plastic pallets on end isles with stacks of them on top of each other €5 for 5 of those drinks just seems to be club orange 7up, Pepsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

• Registered Users Posts: 4,059 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭vafankillar

might be a stupid question but only started using the clubcard app recently, i have €3.50 worth of vouchers on it now apparenlty. how do you use these? are they just like cash or are they coupons or what?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

You can scan them in-store at checkout to get the cash off your shopping. You can also boost their value if you want to spend them at selected other places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Advertisement