Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,504 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

But he didn't play yet, I'm still hopeful, he'll be back in full training in days, and could be a dark horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,949 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Reports in Bild saying Newcastle will enter the race for Bellingham.

They can pay the fee and give him the wages he wants.

If they can win the league cup and secure CL football next year they may be able to sell themselves as a new exciting project to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭Thud

did he not get a few minutes somewhere? possibly a friendly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

Concerning article

Someone needs to put the points raised in it to Klopp at a press conference imo. There is way too much upheaval and instability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

There are 4 midfield spots in the squad that will be vacant next season - AOC, Milner, Keita and Melo. There is absolutely no way the club is on some 'Bellingham or bust' endeavour. Yes they desperately want to sign him and would build a team around him, but the real reason they haven't brought in midfielders over the last 2 windows is because we need investment to buy players who are good enough, like Bellingham, and the players they can get now won't cut the mustard.

So I have a big problem with this narrative that the club are putting all their eggs in this basket of signing the best young player in world football, and if they don't get him the plans are ruined. It's nonsense. Bellingham would be a luxury. If he signs, or if he moves elsewhere, we'll still be signing 2 or 3 other midfield players, hopefully with some outside backing in the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

The only way Bellingham even considers Liverpool is if his desire to work with someone like Klopp. He's not a Liverpool fan and has no affiliation with the club what so ever. Considering we are not even going to be in the same stratosphere as the rival clubs when it comes to the wages on offer and it's increasingly unlikely we will have champions league football to offer, we are really chasing a lost cause to someone like him. To be honest I think it's just the media driving the Bellingham to Liverpool stuff at this stage as deep down I don't think anyone at the club really believes he's a viable option this summer.

I think this year has been an eye opener to Klopp and his background team as I don't think anyone could have predicted the drastic drop off in standards from the likes of Fab, Hendo, Salah and Virgil. Last summer the club were looking to add a top quality young player (Tchouaméni) to a dominant midfield, now this summer they will be looking to add at least 2 if not 3 to a badly aging/past it midfield along with a centre half as a long term partner to Konate. Matip will be 32 in August and VVD will be the same in July. Considering the injuries and game time for both players in the last few years its safe to say both will miss chunks of next season with injuries. Also Konate and Gomez are not exactly robust themselves.

Using our entire summer kitty and spending 150m on 1 player is going to leave us in a bigger bind in the long run!

This is what I see our squad as next season;

GK; Ali and Kelleher

Fullback; Trent, Robbo, The Greek and Ramsey

Centreback; Virgil, Konate, Matip, (New Addition)

Midfield; Thiago, Hendo, Bajcetic, Fab, Elliot (New Addition x 2)

RWF; Salah and Doak

CF; Nunez, Bobby and Gakpo

LWF; Diaz, Jota and Carvalho

Adrian, Milner, Naby and Ox will be out of contract and moved on. (Milner might be given an extension with a coaching role)

Phillips, Gomez, Williams and Jones need to be sold. My own personal opinion I can see Kelleher and maybe Jota sold to generate more funds for the summer as we're a little top heavy up front. Especially since it looks like Bobby will be signing a new deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭brevity

"I think this year has been an eye opener to Klopp and his background team as I don't think anyone could have predicted the drastic drop off in standards from the likes of Fab, Hendo, Salah and Virgil."

This is an issue imo. I think some people no longer at the club probably had some concerns...it should have been obvious that players couldn't have maintained the intensity without adequate support.

"The only way Bellingham even considers Liverpool is if his desire to work with someone like Klopp. He's not a Liverpool fan and has no affiliation with the club what so ever."

I thought he was a Liverpool fan? I know he said Gerrard is one of his favorite players. For what's that worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,399 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Salah has been pretty good when he's been played closer to the box this season but for the vast majority of it he's been operating wide in the middle third of the pitch so he can't actually do much from there.

Fairly certain he is a born and bred Birmingham fan. He did however state that Gerrard was one of his favourite players growing up as he played in the same position as him. Don't know if the Gerrard love will be enough for him to turn down the bigger coin in favour of a move to Liverpool...🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

The midfield listed is fairly poor, three aging and injury prone players and two youngsters. We need at least 2, ideally 3 new robust midfielders in their mid twenties. Jones should be sold but might be kept, plus Morton will be back from loan. My fear would be that the club might look at the number of midfielders ( 7 counting Jones and Morton) and be happy with what they have, especially if there's no European football next season. As ridiculous as that sounds I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,202 ✭✭✭Talisman

Rumour has it that Matip is leaving in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭passatman86

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't listing my ideal midfield. Just what I think it maybe come next season. Midfield is a massive massive problem, if Hendo and Fab in particular don't rediscover some form then they may as well be sold, add in Thiago turning 33 next year and you are left with Bajetic, Elliot, Jones and Morton! We absolutely must get in at least 2 midfielders this summer and move on Jones along with Oz, Naby and Milner. The following summer would see further strengthening to the middle!

We need 3 midfielders minimum

Milner. Ox.Naby , will be gone ,Henderson will be 33, Thaigo will be 32 & Fab just be 40 looking at him lately ,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

3 in, 3 out as Liverpool confirm new Champions League squad

Liverpool have named their squad for the Champions League knockout stages, with three players in and three out including the removal of Arthur.

With the Reds through to the last 16 of the Champions League, the club was required to submit a revised squad for the remainder of the competition.

A total of three changes were permitted, and Jurgen Klopp has registered three new players, while two drop out entirely and one becomes eligible as under-21.

Arthur has been omitted as well as Calvin Ramsay, with Stefan Bajcetic now on List B having been at the club for over two years.

Taking their places are Naby Keita and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – who were omitted from the initial squad for the group stage due to injury – along with new signing Cody Gakpo.

Luis Diaz is retained despite his long-term injury, with there hope that the winger can play a part in the latter stages of the Champions League.

On Friday, Klopp revealed that Diaz was “out running on the pitch” again, with his reintegration expected to begin in “a few weeks.”

While the Colombian will not be available against Real Madrid in the last 16, the trio of Virgil van DijkRoberto Firmino and Diogo Jota should all be fit for the two-legged tie.

Elsewhere in the Champions League squad, the likes of Harvey Elliott and Curtis Jones were not registered as they are still eligible for List B.

As UEFA explain: “A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, January 1, 2001 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday.”

Harvey Davies, Isaac Mabaya, Luke Chambers, Dominic Corness and Melkamu Frauendorf were also registered on List B during the group stage, but Chambers has now joined Kilmarnock on loan.

Liverpool’s updated Champions League squad

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Kelleher, Adrian

Defenders: Van Dijk, Konate, Matip, Gomez, Phillips, Alexander-Arnold, Robertson, Tsimikas

Midfielders: ThiagoFabinho, Henderson, Keita, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain

Forwards: Salah, Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo, Jota, Firmino, Carvalho

Notable List B players: Davies, Williams, Bajcetic, Jones, Elliott

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Kelleher fairly sure to go. Has hinted at it himself in interviews..needs to be playing.

I know it wasn't your ideal midfield, but, it's likely what will be left after the summer, before any additions, it's pretty poor. If Fabinho could got back to even half the player he was, it wouldn't be too bad, Henderson should replace Milner, covering various positions across the team when required. Not criticising them but, Bajcetic and even Elliott shouldn't really be considered as first team players, they should really be only fringe players, shows how poor we are at the moment that we are depending on them so much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,068 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I expect once he does go, on loan or otherwise, that he'll be replaced in house rather than buying a new keeper. Think Jaroš or Pitaluga will take the backup spot. I suspect that's their plan with having this raft of young keepers.

Very annoying to see how good Enzo Fernandez looks instantly for Chelsea. If only we'd moved for any of these 3 midfielders we were so interested in last summer, now all playing for Premier League teams (Enzo, Matheus Nunes, and Joao Gomes). All three were available for around a combined 65 million.

• Advertisement

But they weren't "the right player " 🤷‍♀️

Like, there's always players you look at in hindsight and think "ah i wish we'd been interested" - so it's so much more frustrating with all 3 of those that we were so heavily linked and interested in all of them, and still didn't pull the trigger - spending a fortune up front instead :-/

Like, they all seemed to have been identified as the 'right' sort of played. Blegh.

Easy in hindsight, but, why would they wait to sign players going to the world Cup, surely they knew their value could potentially soar if they had a decent world cup, Enzo a prime example. I can't think of any player ever whose value dropped because they had a bad world cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

This!

Its lunacy to wait and see. International injury duty is not the metric for finding the best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Are we on TV?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

3 o clock ko on a Saturday.

I'd say Premier live, NBC, Bein or some other online channel.

Im hoping Salah gets to play more centrally today, stick Gakpo on the left and Nunez on the right.

Stick Gakpo on the bench if needs be, but Salah has to be central or in a 2. Otherwise, he's just a passenger these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Gakpo in centre it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fabinho not in the squad. I wouldn't be surprised if it's sort of an internal suspension, because of that horror tackle last weekend, coupled with the bad performance.

Klopp will tell everyone that it's a 'small injury' to cover for Fabinho tho and take the heat off of him.

I hate to see any team in blue win, especially that lot. Watch them finish ahead of us if we don't snap into some form!

Where will this 3 points for Liverpool be broadcasted

Win this and we'll be 18pts off Arsenal, tough, but we can catch em😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,301 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Call me an idiot but I'm optimistic of 3 points today I think Nunez will get 2. Absolutely no reason in the world than just a gut feeling.

Team news,

We'll be playing 11 today

• Advertisement

If we don't lose or draw I think you'll be right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah on the right is where he belongs, just not hugging the sideline.

This is the area he belongs in and we play our best when he's there...providing we have a similar threat on the left wing and a centre forward who can drop back to create space (Mane and Firmino). Based on what I've seen from them so far Nunez and Gakpo could well fill those roles.

No more Salah stuck out on the touchline fighting to a win headers from lazy lumps up the pitch from our midfield.

That really just sums us at the moment.

Why did matip stop

So poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,540 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Normal service has resumed

• Advertisement

Wolves 1 Liverpool 0

fck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭ratracer

Oh dear Jaysus!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Shocking start again.

What in God's name has gone wrong with this once imperious team?

Own goal, matip, so messy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,740 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Comical as always

Matip shocking. As he has been for a long, long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Matip has started the game well 👏

Players are giving it all, but we're cursed of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Right, back to the second half of the rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,965 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

From an absolutely nothing foul given away by Gakpo while Semedo was running back to his own half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,740 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Fcuk off

Pathetic stuff. Trying to top that Brighton fiasco as this point

• Advertisement
Advertisement