Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Nations 2023 - Wales v Ireland, Sat 4th Feb, KO 2:15PM - TV: VM1, BBC1, S4C

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I said we'd embarrass them and we are.

Everyone on the Ireland side playing well. One or two individual errors but it hasn't broken anyone's stride

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Penalty count 9-5? Wales seemed to have way more to me.

Unreal first half tho. James Ryan having a stormer. Ruck speed is phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭blackcard

Very clinical performance by Ireland aided by penalties given away by Wales. However, brain dead by Murray kicking the ball away with 10 seconds of the half left, Sheehan also should have kicked the ball dead. Could have been costly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

As I said yesterday...."the Gatland effect" was aload of bollèx....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Murray has been playing very well. We were not set up for an attack there, he had to kick it because Dickson told him to use it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I don't think we could have realistically hoped for a better first half performance than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

BBC showing the replay of the Wales opportunity where Lowe turned them over.

I hadn't realised that in our defensive phase Ringrose actually slipped, but rebalanced and still made the tackle on Biggar to stop his pass. That's utterly phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Ireland have been pretty phenomenal so far. Wales can’t keep up with them. I’m not sure how bad Wales are or is just how good we have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭phily2002

Yeah ridiculously good, just all want and desire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

An irish player jumped.

Surely if your going to have someone jump at 1 its POM. I must watch it back. It was the lineout where porter ended up holding them up and stopping a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

The point stands, they didn't want anyone jumping so they were set.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Murray has been excellent, but that was poor management.

4 seconds left, he should have sweet a pod and kicked it off the field. A little bit of a brain fart from him, but allowed as he's been excellent

Wales threatened a few times so it's important that we get the first score of the second half to beat them down psychologically even more.

Keep the scoreboard ticking over and then go for the bonus point try when we're sure Wales can't regain any sort of momentum.

The half time commentary on both Virgin and BBC is triggering my superstition.

Ringrose folded Biggar in half.

Superb read and tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,173 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Suí síos a Dónal.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

What a hit from Ringrose.

Penalty was soft, was held in and stopped from rolling away.

Porter has given away a few silly penalties the last few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭TomsOnTheRoof

Porter needs to cut out the crap. That's four penalties he's conceded now.

• Advertisement

Porter has been a liability this half

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Need to get porter off

Incredibly harsh, Porter was already falling on Williams and there was nothing in it...ridiculous given how Wales have been reffed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭touts

Time to get Porter off before he gets sent off.

Wales killed their own momentum there. Crooked throw and bad scrum now we're in their half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

In fairness to Wales that was excellent for the try.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭Shehal

For a team that has been completely outplayed this ref has been very keen on giving them soft decisions...cant help but feel that would have been let go if it wasnt for the total overreaction from the Welsh players.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,997 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm not a rugby person though I enjoy watching Ireland play but can someone tell me why Conor Murray keeps kicking the ball back to Wales please? I thought that when you had possession the other team couldn't score. Seems mad to keep giving them the ball.

• Advertisement

Sure. But there were late hits on Sexton in the first half and ridiculous repeat infringements without even a warning. It's inconsistent.

Advertisement