Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The question is, who do you want to be in charge in the summer to begin the rebuild?

For me, it's Klopp. Even though we won't get too 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Tommysocks11

What a criminal waste of money spunking over 100m on nunez and gapko, we could have bought 3 or 4 decent midfielders last summer for that money, looks like the team has given up this season, klopp should probably try to change team set up and tactics sometime, same thing over and over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Stefan lost the ball, Gomez to his credit got back into a good position but you're right about Matip but the lack of awareness by Thiago to track back and stay with Neves is unforgivable. Neves must of made about 30 yards on Thiago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,500 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It's like it's in the DNA of Liverpool to have hardships, and then success, it's what defines us, this is Liverpool, if it wasn't we'd have to change out anthem to Happy by Pharrell Williams and be successful all the time, but no this is Liverpool

When you walk through a storm

Hold your head up high

And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of a storm

There's a golden sky

And the sweet silver song of a lark

So here we are again, waiting again for the Golden Sky, and the weather ahead looks awful for the foreseeable future.

But would we have it any other way??

Do we really want to be Chelsea, City, Newcastle, seems to me the answer is no, we don't, so buckle up, there's a storm coming.

Yeah, I'm absolutely gutted to think we won't have that money available in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Thats not what I was getting at - Darwin should’ve stayed up and tried to do something, rather than going down a little easy and offering nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Our performances are looking like the finale of BR reign, absolutely dreadful,at least I backed Wolves,might as well have some compo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,845 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Once again at the cross roads of the game Nunez misses a one on one ,

He's a dud

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭BillyHasMates

We are certainly at our lowest ebb since Klopp took over. It's not even that we are struggling, it's that there is nothing to be positive about at all. There is no suggestion at all that we can play our way out of this form. Madrid might not be firing on all cylinders but there isn't a hope in hell we are getting past them in the Champion's League. Season can't end soon enough.

Still only 10 points of top 4 which is incredible really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Why so many aimless crosses into the box? Not just this game, but continuously. Such a waste of possession. We don't play in a style that befits those crosses.

Ye talking shite , 3 let in away to Brentford, 3-nil to Bri, 3 nil today we are being humiliated not just beat

I never said he should be fired I said he needs to take responsibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭patsy sally

This is getting more brutal week by week,slaughtered at Brighton slaughtered at wolves it's relegation form and doesn't look like changing any time soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭McFly85

Klopp should only leave if he wants to.

No manager will come in and make our current squad any better. If the owners will actually put some money forward for a rebuild, I’d like to see Klopp give it a go to try and finish his time at Liverpool on a high.

Fair.

Thiago is an old player running around battered midfield though. Sometimes I expect the lads who have been doing comparatively less running to help out.

But you are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

But everyone said “Nunez will come good he will score goals” you had even clowns on here saying he was better than halland 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

And 11 off relegation

I'll never understand the purpose of these changes at this specific point in the game.

At the very least I'd have expected them when we went three down. As it is, it doesn't even provide much of a break for the lads going off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,095 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The owners have spent €125mill on 2 players.

• Advertisement

And only 11 above the bottom 4. I know which one is more likely…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭tinpib

Think we need one of those "Carlsberg don't do summer transfer windows, but if they did...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

I said it after first 3 games nunez wasn't good enough or the right player for us,but the amount of fans we have who obviously have some sight issues reckoned he's a beast or he'll come good blah blah blah,what's their opinion now??

As for gakpo,christ how is he a Dutch international

We've gone from having the best front 3 in world football to the worst in the lge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Klopps tactics have been shambolic this year from day one

The rot started when Edwards left and whoever sanctioned buying 2 dud striker's instead of a few decent midfielders needs to be sacked

And the players shouldn't take responsibility? And the owners for not having a coherent strategy of replacing backroom AND playing staff. Fault lies throughout the club, not just on Klopp's shoulders.

I dread to think about how much we'll lose to Everton by

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,739 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Johnny Barnes getting physically sick in the crowd

It's fact, we'd send any Qatari Prince packing with his billions, while any other club would embrace it. Even the recent rumour of investment from Qatar was met with anger, even though it was just a rumour... and once rumour died we craved it, while when it looked like a reality we pushed it away.

• Advertisement

I don't see why any owner should trust Klopp with money

What's even more pathetic than the performance is people coming in with the "I told you So's"

That's a new low. I fear that FSG have taken us full circle now. We're back to being a hapless mess and worth about 50p.

Of course it lies on many shoulders.

We've an 80m striker klopp pushed for, a 300k goal machine he spent most of the year playing out wide to facilitate Harvey Elliot, and a 40m forward he signed off on, and zero plan on how to use any of them.

Klopps tactics, or lack of approach from day one this year has been puzzling. We are now a long ball team who can't defend, and have no attacking patterns other than aimless crossing or hoping for a mistake.

Forget owners, we didn't buy that can't change

The manger has tried the same thing week in week out since August and we are getting embarrassed weekly,

He can't change it and doesn't change anything tactically that's on the manager

Wolves fans singing "You're getting sacked in the morning"

• Advertisement

Nunez and Gakpo are absolutely useless

I'm surprised we have persisted with 4-3-3 when one or two of the front three are passengers.

Then again, we never have four fit midfielders.

We need to get to the bottom of the injuries. VVD, Konate, Diaz, Jota, Bobby all missing half the season at this rate.

Doesn't help.

Everyone at the club is behind Klopp, every player, every one of his staff, not every fan, some are saying we should have gotten Sean Dyche before Everton snapped him up, 😅😅

Wolves started the day in the bottom 3

And absolutely battered us

After what this side have achieved over the last five season, I've no problem giving Klopp another couple of seasons to sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,662 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

12 goals in 20 games for Wolverhampton Wanderers this season

3 in 70 mins v Liverpool

No. The owners can't be left out of the criticism because they dictate so much that trickles down to the performances on the pitch. I'm guardedly pro FSG, but they've made a right hash of managing the club at all levels this season.

That's one factor contributing to this season's demise.

Another is Klopp making team selection and tactical decisions that leave the majority (not just you) scratching their heads.

You could also throw in players playing within themselves and not playing with the concentration and application befitting of premiership footballers.

It's multifactorial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's taken not much longer than a year, following the start of the deconstruction of the structure behind the scenes that had served us so well. But this is the culmination of a process of fixing what wasn't broken.

It's quite blatant that certain figures behind the scenes have too much power, and when you can't get coaching or recruitment right, and you're also not getting the investment other clubs have had, it's only a matter of time before the house falls.

It's a Utd or Arsenal style rebuild, and we currently don't spend the cash to make that viable.

Shame on them all.

Post edited by SlickRic on

If nunez is worth 80m then our own Evan ferguson at 18 is worth 500m at least

Couple of seasons? He'll be lucky to get a couple of weeks, such is the dire situation he's facing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It is currently worse than Hodgson.

He worked with complete dross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

The way we've played this season we'd be lucky to finish top half never mind top 6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I don't have much issue with Nunez and Gakpo but Klopp and our Pep and really make everyone dislike them with the awful tactics.

They are not bad players but they are playing in a team that is exhausted and lacking confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,687 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Only caught the result now. Needless to say I’m in shock. WTF is going on in the club ??

Surprised Thomas Frank isn't anywhere in the odds.

The list would not inspire

• Advertisement
Advertisement