Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast 10 milers

Options
  • 05-02-2023 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Hi All.

Just wondering if many on here can compare Trim and Dungarvan 10 milers.

Surprised alot of runners I know around Dublin kildare opted to go down to dungarvan instead of trim because they say its a faster course. its hardly that material of a difference though is it to put in a long auld day trip. I find trim a pretty fair course without any hills so surprised if dungarvan is much faster?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I’ve never done Trim but Dungarvan is certainly worth the trip. Fast course, well organised, plenty of runners to drag you to a good time. Personally I love racing in Munster and this has become a decent substitute to the sadly lamented Ballycotton. Great goody bag too - no waste, all quality contents. Definitely a PB course. Good setup in town and loads of parking available near the start line makes it perfect for an Away trip. I’ll be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Positive review, thanks Murph. I may put into the 2024 diary!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OulTrout

I've done Trim a couple of times, including this year, and I did Dungarvan last year. They're both great, well run, races. My PB was at Trim tho, as I think it's a bit more flat, but there's not much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Mallow 10 is ok too. I did it before covid and I think they have a new start area too. I will probably sign up again this year

Advertisement