Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre wear opinion

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Ah that's what TWI is, I was scratching my head.

Yes it would seem they're saying there's a fault but that its not their issue. Both companies following the same line, perhaps there's a bigger known issue here that they're not willing to accept liability for.

Either way Bike discount came back with the below just now. I have again refused their offer and explained to both I would be choosing both retailer and manufacturer more carefully in future.

To any folks thinking I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill, I wasn't. I was just curious to see their responses, had I heard nothing I wouldn't have been surprised. To be fair their customer communications is pretty stellar. In an ideal world of honest souls it would be easy to say, that's terrible allow us to rectify that with new tyres and a gesture of goodwill towards your next order. 😂

I'll call it done, till next time. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Reply to the Germans

"Stecken Sie den Zehner in Ihr Loch"

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭gmacww

@iwillhtfu TWI = tyre wear indicator. Should be two dimples relatively close together on opposite sides. If you can’t find them the tyre is worn out. If you can see them it gives you an idea of the wear left in them.

About the same level on both and looking at a new set of tyres I have there's not a whole lot of difference.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Too dangerous, I'll PM you my address and I'll take care of safe disposal for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I've been running tubeless for several years and while the wear of the tyres has been ok when rolling the biggest downer for me has been that locking the brakes and skidding removes a huge chunk of rubber rendering the tyre useless.

This has happened me in a couple of races and while I got to the end you couldn't ignore the bald patch and leave the tyre on. In fact I did that once and next race it went so lesson learned.

Same thing happened on a club spin when braking after a dog ran out.

Given the rising cost of quality tyres it's quite disconcerting. I've ran continental gp 5000,.schwalbe pro one and Vittoria Corsa speed g+ . It use to be all about rolling resistance for me but I'm at a point where I would sacrifice some of that for a tubeless tyre that can survive a skid.

Any recommendations ?

Advertisement