Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just BEING. ( much more than existing!) With the dramas etc of the last while settled a time to BE. Not DO. Just BE.

From experience and in sheer exhaustion I know that this sudden liberation from the dramas etc of the last while will result in a kickback but after that there will be peace. Anda deep abidng gratitude to all who helped rescue and resolve the ong oing situation ( although I cannot yet ID it all) A time to ...process... the images in my befuddled mind... Yellow clad rescuers...being transported suddenly from a to b to c...

Always with calm and safety. In experienced hands.

I WILL process this and enter it on my website in time but just now rest has priority and an abiding awareness of safety.

But today, rest and quietude with my beloved cats! Knitting... youtube.. What they call r and r in this battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I get a real giggle out of seeing the space left on the radiators when the previously wet items have lost some of their moisture.

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,616 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The aroma of a great big delicious fry, with all the works being cooked… and it’s going to be the laziest day.

SUNSHINE! Dancing on the ocean ripples, sparkling..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭sporina

had a wonderful day with fab friends.. blessed.. and the weather was good - bonus..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Cats and dogs fast asleep and not a care in the world on them.

did you ever think "in my next life, I wanna be...."? well one of mine is to be a dog.. they have a great life (well, not all - but you know what I mean.. in theory".. hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,412 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Lost a piercing cbr and had accepted it to be gone forever when I unexpectedly found it on the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I posted in the‘favourite choone ‘ thread which led me to YouTube. Had a great time listening to stuff I haven’t heard in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Two fairly expensive small and difficult to replace items had gone missing for almost 6 months and one month. One was located on Friday after a thorough search but the other was found unexpectedly on Saturday. Guess I should have pleaded with St. Anthony!!

• Advertisement

Just relaxing and enjoying the final throws of the weekend….

its been packed with good sports on TV, pretty much 100% of my favourite teams across all sports won…also good food, good relaxation and a social engagement that went swimmingly… and drama free also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Too cold to garden, so I did some decluttering. 3 bin bags full, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭appledrop

Spotted the 1st daffodil of spring!

We were out in park for hours, such a lovely day and loads of daffodils were spouting up but no sign of a flower open yet, then I spotted one in full bloom and was delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not a th but doesn't fit in the ta category either so...…..

Sib who deliberately cant do stuff/cant hear/see unless they want to and uses pester power relentlessly when ppl say no when he asks them to do stuff, got a call this am from a scammer who used the same tactic on them.

Now sib is stomping around being all annoyed about it and us for not being at their beck and call.

Secretly satisfied to see the technique used and worked on them(though I use the concept of consent myself)

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Pied (Willie) Wagtail

Hard working bird. You'll see them in the coldest, bleakest of places like shopping center forecourts and parking lots searching for food. Always a bright spot in any day.

Nice trip to the gym, nice trip to the pub for food which was beyond nice and delicious and on returning I found the one4all voucher I had mislaid..

The movie Inside Out. So good. Could watch it again and again.

isn't it fantastic.. watched it twice.. they shud show it in schools.. imo..

PS have you seen "my life as a courgette"? if you like the above I think you would love it,. its fabbbbb

had a lovvvvverly weekend... hiking with friends.. hanging out with family.. chilling out in general - and the weather was good... and birds singing.. flowers blooming..

thank you St Brigid.. can feel you in my ancestry.. so proud to be Irish.. and so glad to have lots of fab women in my life (past and present).. hmmmm

and thankfully the pandemic is over - life is sweet again.. can hug without fear.. hmmm....

Manchester City getting charged with essentially being a shower of financial fraudsters, rule breakers and cheats…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,854 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Every time I stand near the egg section in the shops. Waiting for the person ahead of me to make a decision so I get my regular eggs selection I always get.

As I stand waiting I think - 'Yep they are definitely waiting for the eggs to hatch, and me standing here like some yolk altogether'

It amuses me every single time. I am easily amused. I suppose some would say I'm half cracked.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Being snug inside while the weather rages outside.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

At some point over the past few years, I developed a taste for older American comedies. I've watched Friends, Seinfeld, Cheers and I've just watched the first few episodes of Frasier. It's really strange watching it just after Cheers as I'm used to seeing Grammar as part of a larger ensemble cast. I should warm to it and the conflict between the character feels authentic and human as opposed to Sheldon Cooper wailing about the thermostat being adjusted a few degrees.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Frasier is one of my all time favourites. I would never get tired of it. The genius of the casting especially Niles (David Hyde) and Marty (John Mahoney RIP) makes it so good. There's a remake in the pipeline but I will stick with the original.

TH - bought a bunch of daffodils and also it's a gorgeous day. 😁

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm a bit meh about a sequel but it's got Nicholas Lyndhurst from Only Fools & Horses so I'm piqued (another TH). The chemistry between Grammer and Hyde Pierce is something else.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That’s why I love a cold bed. I fall asleep quickly and wake up snug and cozy.

After nine moves in 20 years I am still amazed at the clutter that amasses...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭Archeron

I've rediscovered jelly tots after about 35 years since I last had them. Definitely the royalty of jelly sweets.

a girl on my night course gave me a little pressie today - a key ring with a "i love hiking" on it.. just cos she knows I love to hike - saw it and thought I would like it.. totally out of the blue and for no reason - and we don't really know each other.. twas soo nice of her.. she's obv a really sweet person ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

@SuperBowserWorld your post about the wagtail brought back a lovely memory. The old man who lived next door used to scatter crumbs a on the doorstep and into the kitchen to coax them in. He was lonely and wanted the company.

Advertisement