Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Made sausage rolls for lunchtime and buttered chicken for dinner ! Herself won’t know what happened next week when I make nothing all week 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I got gifted one when my mother got a foodie . Jesus it’s the absolute business

rice is always perfect now , curries, stews, joints of ham, soup . I went from wondering if I ever would use it to being up there with a thermometer for items I wouldn’t be without in the kitchen ! Essential bit of kit for cooks!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Spaghetti. With spinach, ricotta, chilli, tomato sauce, pancetta etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

We took a trip to Ikea recently, so naturally I stocked up on meatballs and gravy 🤭 Had some of that tonight with mash and veg.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had a nice home made lasagna tonight. I made a few adjustments to lower the sat fat for the sake of my liver (half fat "butter", skim milk, reduced fat cheese etc) so was worried it would be sh1te, but it was still rich and gooey and got the thumbs up from the husband, too. :-)

Sausages with mashed potatoes, onion gravy and spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭sporina

Tonight we had home made potato wedges, cauliflower cheese, broccoli and carrots. I had mine with haddock and the lads had steak. Very nice but so many different pots and dishes. I can't be arsed!

• Advertisement

Nam ya curry. With chicken, but I must try the more traditional pounded fish the next time.

I used a ready made curry sachet for this, but added garlic, ginger, dried chilli, salt, MSG and sugar.

is that thai red curry? where did you get it? been looking for a good thai red curry for ages..

It's not Thai Red Curry, it's Nam Ya. Different flavour, less thick. It usually goes with fish. Very tasty. Just need to add coconut milk.

I got that in Jia Jia, and the same Lobo brand sells a delicious satay mix too.

Post edited by igCorcaigh on

Beef mince tacos tonight with home made salsa, lettuce, cucumber, sour cream, cheese, jalapenos and tomatoes. Very moreish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

First time to have a go…….……

worked out OK. Leftover meatloaf and mozzarella.

Arancini,

Lump of fried chicken……..oil was rocking’ Shame not to 😀

We had an impromptu pub dinner. Burger for the other half, chicken curry for me, and chips and ice cream for the young fella. Very nice and a drink or two. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Tagliatelle with bolognese sauce (using quorn mince), and vanilla ice cream with hot blueberry sauce for afters

We had "white chilli" last night made in the slow cooker. Chicken breasts, chicken stock, chopped jalapenos, onions, green pepper, cannellini beans, sweetcorn, lime juice and herbs and spices. Once the chicken is cooked, shred and return to the pot. Stir in a little milk, cream cheese and grated cheddar. Served over rice with scallions, avocado, jalapenos and tortilla chips. Yum.

We had chicken goujon "burgers" tonight in buns, and home made chips. I made a nice burger sauce with chopped onion, gherkins, mustard, mayo and ketchup. It was good, but I cooked the goujons too long and they were chewy. Rookie mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Chicken wings with cheesy chips

Mrs G! excelled herself with a Rocky Road Cheesecake Pudding.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/rocky-road-cheesecake-pudding

gee my ass is widening looking at those pics lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Cooking for one at the moment so mostly keeping things quick and simple.

Last night was a lovely piece of sirloin done on the gas grill, charred tomatoes and fried up leftover mashed potatoes. Couldn't be bothered doing greens so I just ate a bit of cucumber, afterwards 🤣

Bought the steak in Tesco. I've been saying it for a while now, but the quality of the premium beef in Tesco lately is really good. This was both beautifully tender and really flavoursome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Wings on Saturday, pudding yesterday. Be grand 😝

God I'd love a good juicy piece of steak. We normally get steak in Tesco and find it good quality.

I'm pregnant so apparently I'm not supposed to eat steak medium rare the way I like it 😒 I've had one piece well done, but it was so sad 🙈 It's top of my list of "things to eat" after the baby comes... some people are dying for a drink, I'm dying for a medium rare steak 😂

We had spinach and ricotta cannelloni last night. A good hit of iron, but it's no steak 🙈

Can anyone imagine pregnant French women eating well done steak?

I've never heard of anyone getting sick from rare steak. I just don't understand that recommendation!

I'm sure the advice is overkill. I actually had steak that was practically still mooing before I realised I was pregnant 🤤 I'm just playing it safe though based on the current medical advice.

I totally understand following the advice, I just think it's ridiculous advice 🤔

Lol I agree! The more general advice is not to eat undercooked meat. So obviously it would be dangerous (for anyone!) to eat say undercooked chicken. I think they're just lumping beef in there too to cover themselves. It's just much more risky if you get food poisoning when you're pregnant, so I'll be a good girl and play by their rules, even the ridiculously overcautious ones 🙈

• Advertisement

We ordered Indian food tonight. I usually go for something spicy with lamb, but for the first time in my life tried chicken tikka masala. It was delicious. There were poppadoms, there was naan, there were onion bhajis. It was good. :)

Advertisement