Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contracting price guide for a beginner

Options
  • 02-02-2023 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Howya folks, fairly straight forward as topics go so here it is;

How much do you charge a contractor for topping or mulching services? Do you go hourly, acres , something else? Is fuel included or not in the cost?

I am based in the west and as you can imagine rushes are a plenty. Last few summers I've been lucky enough to work away at topping fields, but now that I'm old enough, and have my own tractor, I would like to do a few odd jobs and hopefully start a small agri-business. The topping I did before was for a lad renting land nearby,and was roughly priced at 270 for 25 acres, and him supplying me with fuel. I cant imagine that's the standard, like I cant ask a client to drop off 3 gallon drums for me at the field gate, cause if it's hassle I imagine people be put off. So for a 75 hp tractor and a 6 foot topper, what would ye pay for heavy rush topping?

Here's a pic of my super major 6 cylinder from the last post

Comments

Advertisement