Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH Attic install options.

Options
  • 06-02-2023 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

This has been discussed in various threads with differing outcomes.

My father will be getting FTTH in next couple of months and is wondering about the install. At present the phone line comes from a pole into the attic (bungalow) then to each point. If they follow same route it would be the attic again.

I know they aren’t permitted into the attic but is there something I, or someone else in the family, could do to enable this? Ideally he’d have the ONT in the sitting room. But that would mean switching the entry point to the other end of the house which would be just a slightly longer run from pole to house.

Whats the limits on the bend of the fiber? Entering the house at room level would be too low for the cable. Can they run it along the roof easily and have a few bends?

Comments

Advertisement