Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing estate agent

Options
  • 07-02-2023 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We've an apartment for sale since last summer, had a few viewings but no offers. There are some other apartments for sale in the same area and none of these are selling either so it's not only our one that is not getting any interest. Some friends of ours just went sale agreed on theirs (in a different area) and were suggesting using their estate agent, who had their place sold within a few weeks. My question is, does the estate agent make a massive difference? Once the properties are listed on daft which i would presume is where any would be buyers are checking, what would make this estate agent "better" then the one we currently have? Maybe some of them have contacts built up over the years, investors etc, who would deal directly with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭JCN12

Without having any detail on the property, at a guess it sounds like the asking price could be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭gipi

A buddy of mine out his apartment up for sale last October with an estate agent who was also selling the one next door.

The agent wasn't from the local area

After 3 months of tooing and froing, no advert on daft, 2 "buyers" who disappeared into the ether after putting booking deposits down, and a buyer who thought she was buying his apartment only to find she'd been "directed" next door, he finally called time and went to a local agent.

Local agent had a list of potential buyers already (from queries received), he put it on daft, and a local businessman bought it within a week.

Might do no harm to review what your agent is doing for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Is the apartment in Dublin?

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bigron20

The price has been reduced since initial listing, there are currently 3 similar apartments all in the same estate and these are all there the same amount of time at similar prices so its not only our one that isn't moving. Not in dublin but literally a km or 2 from the west dublin area. I've to call this second EA today but i don't want to ditch our original EA as we've dealt with them before over the years, but at this stage we need it gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

My neighbours sold their place in 3 days using Moovingo. Got way over asking price too.

• Advertisement

Have you thought of using Auctioneera.ie?

Quite transparent process with them.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,512 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If yours is one of a few advertised at the same price, and none are selling, I doubt the EA is the problem, if you want to sell, then drop your price below the others.

I agree with above reply, you may need to drop the price if you badly want to sell. I see a lot of apartments sitting there not budging in Dublin.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bigron20

That's my thinking on it too, can't see changing the EA having any difference, i'll ask them about dropping the price again, they were advising not to drop it last time i mentioned it but it's all we can do really. Thanks for the replies!

Advertisement