Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Joe. This is only 1 item. There are 99 more

One of the accusations relates to Roberto Mancini's pay. Mancini is said to have taken home his official £1.45m salary through the Manchester City club’s books as well as an alleged £1.75m via Sheikh Mansour’s Abu Dhabi club, Al Jazira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

If City are found guilty of all the charges then the book should be thrown at them.

If they are found guilty of some chrages then they should be punished severly, depending on how many and how severe etc.

But this is what i mean do you know for definate that is one of the charges made at city ? or is that just a rumour ?

And say for arguments sake it is true that that happened, how would you prove it ? you prob wont get either Mancini's or the other clubs accounts as you wouldnt have the Jurisdiction to demand them. So all you left with is rumour or hearsay.

Too many times in case where charges are made people forget they mean nothing until they are proven.

Ill reserve judgemnt until i can see the facts or the judgment/report and i would do the same if it was another club involved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

yes, Mancini’s payments are on the list (the list of charges is available, and issues with managerial payments over Mancini’s tenure as one of them).

As for not supplying the information asked for by the PL - that’s actually on the list too. 30 counts of it I think. One of the rules of the PL is that you have to supply all financials requested in good faith. It’s the PL’s gang - if you want to be part of their gang you have to comply with their rules and regulations, otherwise they have the right to give that spot to someone else.

Ya i see that now but specifically what is allegation has not been published by the League only that the rule was broken (if the specifics have be published send me a link).

As for not supplying information in that instance the PL wont be able to get Mancinis or the other clubs accounts so how would you prove a payment was made, also you couldnt charge City with them not opening their books. Unless you have some other smoking gun its hard to see how you could prove an offence here.

The board convened to look at the evidence will probably be looking at it under the evidential standard of "balance of probabilities" but you would still need some hard proof.

• Advertisement

Since the Mancini example is a likely workaround clubs might do to get around regulations, i would guess the PL has some mechanism in place to view/control it - which is backed up by them having charged the club over Mancini’s payments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

What I do find odd is that Chelsea are one of the clubs pushing hard for investigation/punishment , given what they are currently doing with ther obscene transfer loopholes.

Chelsea are doing some mad stuff, but it does seem like they’re still doing everything transparently and by the book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I'm not a lawyer , or know the exact details, but it doesnt seam sporting to me , yet they are pushing for the book to be thrown at City , whilst they bend the laws to suit themselves - Everton for instance are hampered by FFP for at least 2 years now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mod: some posts removed. Posters who don't normally post in this thread are reminded of forum rules regarding posting in a superthread.

1. Respect the thread subject, respect the supporters - You are posting on a thread where the majority of people who read the thread support the team or follow the league. If you post something inflammatory, you will be held accountable.

2. If you have a problem with a post, report the post. Abusing other posters, telling posters not to post or any other "moderation" of the threads will not be tolerated, no matter how inflammatory. If you aren't discussing the points of a post, don't reply.

3. If you do reply to debate a post attack the post and not the poster, the team or the supporters.

4. Thread spoiling - that is, any action or post made to derail a thread and trolling is prohibited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Uefas problem was that their rules didn't allow them to use the hacked materials as evidence of City's wrong doing.

The premier league has no such rules on the source of information they use as evidence. The hacked internal city emails are the biggest proof of their rule breaking, one merely needs to read them to know they're in serious bother.

https://twitter.com/AdamJoseph____/status/1622889676855197697?t=3yaKADCN9PYoxHGnfnTo-Q&s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Also the Premier League have no rules on a time frame which helped City last time

Yeah, the last time round with UEFA it was much like the C Ronaldo rape case, where the leaked documents showed everything - but proving it without those leaked documents was quite difficult. One can always question the veracity of leaked docs - but so far, years later, Rui Pinto has been charged with over a hundred counts of 'illegally accessing information', but not one single count of falsified information. Over 70 million documents were released, and not one has been shown to be anything but legit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Yup.

City themselves have never denied they're legit either, their stance has always been that the emails are "out of context" and were accessed illegally.

Im not so sure, i suspect that the PL might have some hard evidence on a samll percentage of the charges but are throwing the 100 plus charges at City to make it look worse for City (a common prosecutors tactic) and because they might get lucky to get some thing to stick. This also encourages the accused to take a plea deal (doubt city will do this)

Also could be the same for some of not providing information charges, e.g. if City has challenged their right to get Docs in court (which they did i think) then can the PL claim this is not cooperating ? its hard to see that standing up to scrutiny as it would be City exercising a legal right.

It all depends on the detail of the charges, what specifically the PL is alleging City did for each individual charge, and there is an onus for the PL to nake that public now (that may not be allowed by the process - I'm not sure)

An interseting question would be if the PL can stick City with a subset of charges say 10 for the sake of argument then what happens ? What punishemnt will people accept?

very interesting discussion on the allegations hosted by Stefan Borson (@slbsn) he has been involved in similar litigation before (and is a city fan)

well worth a listen its about 90 mins

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1DXxyvodNDvKM

In case your not familiar here is an article he wrote for the Daily Mail

Goes into the allegations and his toughts on the process and difficulties for both sides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

podcast link not working - you got another? I'm a bit shite at twitter.

Beautiful thank you!

Swiss ramble is first class for this type of analysis (clubs finances)

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/manchester-city-charged-by-the-premier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Very good game , City deserved the win , I am not sure that was a pen by Ederson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Gwan City !! 😜 😜

Hope yee go on to win it now....

And they label us "Bottlers" .... 😂 🤣 😀🤣

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭bren_mc

Sheffield United in the semi. Are McAtee and Doyle eligible?

Great result , Jack and Kev on form .

Thought Liverpool deserved the win but It's back in our hands now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Arsenal at home is such a huge match and by no means a foregone conclusion. Lose it and its over, even draw not much use. Exciting end to the season. Interesting to see how the bayern match goes, lets hope a pep brainfart isn’t our undoing.

There def a loss and draw in that Arsenal team,anything but a loss to Arsenal and City well in it. I tihnk City could win all there games from here.

I think most would fancy Pep from here on in, he has done it before against a better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Made one of the best teams in Europe look ordinary tonight

There is only one team to fear now in all competitions

Haaland very unselfish for the Silva goal, alot of strikers would have taken a shot themselfs.

Bayern had there chances and Ederson done very well espically against Sane , tie should be all but over but cant take it for granted either.

• Advertisement

City lucky tonight according a poster in the cl thread……

I think haalands assist was as impressive as some of his goalscoring this season, was class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭FrankN1

just googled our fixtures, it looks like we have leeds on the Sunday 7th of May and Real MAdrid on the Tuesday 9th of May !!! surely that will be changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I'd say so

Has the Brighton game (was supposed to be this weekend but FA Cup semi on instead) been re-arranged yet?

Yeah will def be changed. Looks an oversight on website

Great result for city last night, pep changed the formation/tactics with the intention to throw off Arsenals game plan and it worked.

While its far from done, that puts us in the driving seat three in a row is possibly on the way (still 21 points to play for )

• Advertisement

fantastic performance. One of our best of the season. Only slight blemish was arsenals undeserved goal.

I wonder what will pep do for the Madrid game

1. what we have been doing latley with 3 at the back and stones swapping between def and midfield
    2. what we did against arsenal using the press against them with the Haaland outball and DeBrynue playing just off him

I suspect we should go for optioon 1 I'm not sure if Madrid will press us like Aresnal and we have been great latley with playing that system

Thoughts ?

7 May 2000 - 23 years on.

Ewood Park and securing promotion back to Premiership. Remember watching it at Humphrey's Ranelagh. The barman Eddie was also a City fan.

I think he goes same as the quarters. We just need to get out of the bernabeu with a draw, even a one goal loss isnt the worst. I dont fear madrid, we should have gone through last year surely the lads wont make the same mistakes.

What a great result last night, Best performance of the Pep era

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Why only 1 post on this thread after what was probably one of the great European performances ?

I tuned into the thread to see what city fans were saying.

Even the taste of honey, when indulged too often, tires the palette.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jez, can't believe there isn't more posts. Destroyed the European Champions with one of the best CL performances ever, and that's it?

Had Liverpool or Utd done that last night, there'd be hundreds of posts

the bluemoon forum over at mcfc is extremely busy - to be honest, I feel that as a City supporter for over 30 years, I don't get as wound up as Liverpool and Utd fans due to lower expectations. To go from hoping to avoid relegation and not get trounced in a Derby, to the rough and tumble of promotions, relegations, more relegations and then to this... I don't have a feeling of expectation or entitlement, which I think a lot of fans who have grown up supporting successful clubs may do. And this is what drives their opinions. Looking back over some of the other forums, I enjoy seeing the amount of calls for "Rashford must go", "Ronaldo is the only one who cares" and other such comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

As a Spurs fan, thanks for pipping Arsenal! Congratulations on the league, an amazing team. Hope yous go on to do the treble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

The answer is because there is a very negative vibe on boards relating to all things city so most fans dont post here. I post on other forums about city but not here. Any attempt to say anything positive about city in any of the other threads gets shot down so why waste time and effort trying to debate? Thats my reason anyway. Also Ireland doesnt have that many city fans anyway but i think we could match some of the other clubs threads on here for numbers(spurs, villa etc)

Check the champions league thread during the madrid game for the narrative as an example.

i hope im wrong but im guessing your post in this thread is likely another dig and im probably a worse fool for answering. As i said, i hope i am wrong.

I grew up in a town of 5,000 people during the 1970s & 1980s. There were eight other Manchester City fans. Two of them were a few years older than me and started following in the late 1960s era (league, FA Cup, ECWC). Three of us were late 70s bandwagon jumpers (league runners-up 1977 & Malcolm Allison era). The others came on board a bit later. There were a number of City supporters clubs in Ireland at the time. They used to advertise meetings in the Evening Herald. The nearest one to me was in Waterford. My cousin moved to Manchester in 1980 and was a season-ticket holder at Maine Road from day 1. He would get me tickets for games - went over a few times in the 90s. I remember him making the point that if you ask people about 1968, all that's mentioned is Man United's European cup win, 10 years after Munich. Nobody ever references City winning the league title.

I agree that the vibe on Boards is very negative towards City. I also remember that RTE's Premiership programme would never make them part of the main feature unless it was the derby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

And do you know why the vibe is negative towards City, or is it inconvenient to talk about the reason?

• Advertisement
Advertisement