Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Feedback

Options
  • 31-01-2023 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

Can this board be renamed "Site Feedback" or "boards.ie Site Feedback"?

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've suggested it in the past but it never really got any traction. But at the unending off-topic stuff that keeps getting dumped in here, any good it can do would be welcome.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

What part is being suggested for change?

Talk to...> Boards.ie >Boards.ie Help and Feedback> Feedback

Is it a change from Feedback (forum name) to Site Feedback?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Or at least how it appears on the mobile site, when someone hits "ask a question". When someone goes for that, the menu that appears lists them as Feedback and Helpdesk, and it's not obvious it can be scrolled down. I suspect this is a major source of the off-topic stuff, people just see the general Feedback, don't realise it's a subforum, and just opt for that as a general question type, with no understanding of the structure or the other forums.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mike

Okay well then I'll work on changing Feedback to Site Feedback. This may clear some of the confusion for people who are using it on the Mobile Site.

Thanks for the "feedback" :)

I'll post back here when it's complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Glaceon

In that case I wonder if it would be better to move the Talk To section so it's not first in the list? Although I accept that might be an issue for the customers still using it.

• Advertisement

I don't think that the term Talk To should be used there at all. A new user isn't going to know it means something specific in terms of it being category, they'll just see it as a general way to start a thread. Given how few Talk To forums are left, it makes it even more pointless.

Advertisement